Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Man I gotta see Widows now. On my IG feed they advertise the cypher scene nonstop. I’ve watched it like a hundred times and it’s dope every time :lol:

Fantastic Beast: Crimes of Grindlewald 6/8

Digging the Grindlewald villain swag. Seduce everybody to his dark side with an actual creible threat.

I didn't know what J.K was doing with this Fantastic Beast series. First one was fun, played with the period piece and had a dose of that dark fantasy goth magic. I figured a cool trilogy but this let me know shes planning another multi-movie long form epic.

This **** was pretty dark. Killing babies behind closed doors. Misdirect backstory about this rapist magician and the product of his rape killing her own brother. Dark. Near pitch black.

My only thing regarding the main cast is it was a bit repetitive with them. I onow they basically havent been together since but I meeded tonsee some growth there. They kinda were just there as a few other characters drove the plot.

Didnt notice it before but Newt is basically and definitely in this sequel a Pokemon trainer battling witches and wizards.

I was not digging Credence's character at all from the first movie but dope twist in the end with his reveal.

Damn, just realized ol girl playing Belle in Widows was the singer in Bad Times @ the El Royale

She on the come up :pimp:

Man I gotta see Widows now. On my IG feed they advertise the cypher scene nonstop. I’ve watched it like a hundred times and it’s dope every time :lol:
That scene is something else man.

Kalyuua got no love for spitters

Finally watched Annihilation a couple of days ago on UHD... weird *** movie but not bad. Wish I had watched and sold it sooner as it was going for like $40 and now it's gonna be $15 on BF...

Also watched Sicario 2 last night (also on UHD). The first time I watched it I didn't have HDR enabled on my TV or surround sound, but both of them made a big difference for the movie, totally worth watching again. Love BDT

Kalyuua got no love for spitters
DisloyalLinearAddax-max-1mb.gif

The Girl in the Spider's Web 4.75/8 - What happened to this series... whoever the dude is filling Daniel Craig's shoes was wack. The plot was wack. There's no continuity really with the first film. Apparently they skipped 2 books? I wanted more espionage and her helping victims then some knock off Mission Impossible. Claire Foy started off so badass then just become Diet Jigsaw. Lakeith Stanfield was my favorite part about the movie. They should have just rebooted the series.

I

McQueen was flexing with the camerawork in this too, some of the shots were wild.

7.5/8
Oh yes let's talk about this ruthless camera work stunting.

The entire scene with Farrel getting driven home after getting grilled by that one reporter and all the camera does is show one half of the car driving and just drifts to the other side as his aid barks on him and sets him straight.

The change of pace of that was just so dope.

McQueen was having fun shooting this.

I need the whole scene cuz son composed himself and was spitting, had Daniel head nodding and everything. Thought they were gonna spit themselves to safety.

The entire scene with Farrel getting driven home after getting grilled by that one reporter and all the camera does is show one half of the car driving and just drifts to the other side as his aid barks on him and sets him straight.

The change of pace of that was just so dope.

That unbroken shot showing the ****ty side of the 18th ward and then switching over to Mulligans nice house not even two minutes away. The fact that his driver was a black man listening to all that too. Movie is so rich with details.

Widows -- 7 / 8

- Wow, some of the camera work is incredible. I feel like McQueen's style is exactly what I'd do as a director: heavy close-ups, masterful tracking shots
- It's not McQueen unless it features super intimate settings (bedroom / white sheets) + mirror reflections
- The standouts were Kaluuya + Paperboy + Farrell + Debicki -- I could feel the tension in the theater when Kaluuya was on screen
- "Mulligan wins bc of sympathy votes for his dead dad" -- so damn true, cycle continues, rinse/repeat
- Love the transformation of Davis -- first she told the crew they weren't friends, then at the end, she genuinely looks happy to see Debicki
- Sade's The Big Unknown closing out the movie -- :smokin

Bruh, you just read my damn mind
Farrell and the aide actress did great with this
The setting change as the car goes from the 18th ward to his nice home is so simple, yet effective
Edit: danger style danger style just mentioned it in his comment above :lol:

Anyone else notice Farrell cleaning his suit jacket a few times (after he gets out of the car + after the last meeting with Paper Boi)?
I'm reading into this heavy, but it prob signifies his griminess / dirty politician image

Last edited:
Disagree. When Perry is apart of someone else's project like an Adam McKay or David Fincher, he's fine....

Him doing his own thing, different story...
I find Tyler Perry to be a piss poor actor period. I'd give a closer look to him just being "fine" in other ppl's work.

Last edited:
If I remember right, doesn't the one politician tell Farrell that he lives like 2 blocks from the real 18th, or something to the effect? And that camera shot showed it perfectly, including the angle switching from passenger side to driver side Midway.

Disagree. When Perry is apart of someone else's project like an Adam McKay or David Fincher, he's fine....

Him doing his own thing, different story...

100% agree on his McKayand Fincher joints.
I even like him in a few of his.
Why Did I get Married (the first one)I liked a lot thought he showed he could act for real.

Didn’t mind him as Deeds either in his Good Deeds with the always golden Thandie Newton

His little spot in Abrams Star Trek was dope too but those Madea films are pure stank.

Arizona 5/8 - Danny McBride is hilarious the whole time. The plot is a little whacky but for a movie I hadn't heard of I thought it was pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom