Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watched Tropic Thunder for the first time in a while. Still has to be one of my favorite movies of all time. So many damn funny parts....**** still cracks me up

Enjoyed Creed 2 a lot. Didn't match the experience of the first one, but I didn't expect it to.

A very good sequel. Not as good as the first, but it's also a very different movie.
You didn't get a lot of the novelty or "fun stuff" from the 1st one... those scenes where you had Rocky truly teaching Adonis the things he didn't know, how to be a fighter, what it meant, etc. We didn't get that this go around, but instead we saw another side. This one explored that winning the title isn't necessarily the victory.

Rocky movies are inherently formulaic and that's okay. They took you deeper inside Adonis' struggles and motivations... even if they didn't always communicate that as clearly. I'd say that's where Coogler was missed a little bit. He has a sharper focus on the story and characters... it sometimes felt a little muddled but that's probably by design. It was a confusion and uncertainty for Adonis and Rocky as well, and it reflected that.

I liked the set-up of him winning the first by disqualification... and they did such a great job with the Drago storyline. That was well-written, directed, and acted. Viktor showed so much emotion and pushed forward the story with very little dialogue. I felt like they might have worked backwards with this one.. they realized that having Ivan throw in the towel to save his son would be the perfect ending, and it was. I didn't expect that to hit so hard.. nor did I expect Rocky meeting his grandson to be such an emotional scene. Rocky saying his goodbye to Adonis and letting him have his moment was also a great moment. I suspect it will be the final send-off and scene we have for Rocky. They framed the final scene so nicely with him looking at the ring. I don't think they want to have a Creed III where Rocky dies in it, it would dominate the story so much, although it would mimic Rocky III well with Mickey dying.

Either way... a very strong addition to the Creed series and a good movie on it's own, even if it doesn't match the first one.

Watched Rocky for the first time ever. (I know.)

It was great, but it didn't really feel like a boxing film to me.

No turkey day movie appreciations? Y’all slippin
planes-trains-automobiles-original.jpeg

Michael Shannon is going to go down as a great.

The Little Drummer girl was enticing. Real good political terrorist suspend thriller. Almost would say the plot is crazy if intelligence agencies hadn't actually considered and done things like that.

I said the same exact thing about Dunkirk and Darkest Hour after seeing both but I was talking about editing it in to one long movie which would've worked flawlessly.

Pugh is on the rise and Skarsgard was really good in this as well.

Last edited:
Robin Hood was alright. Kinda had a Fast and Furious with arrows and horses vibe.

The 4 main leads we're nice tho, the action was fun, but nothing new or original overall. 5/8

Just got finished watching Get Out for the first time and joint low key sicked my stomach in a funny way.. I Really gotta stay away from the White yambs...

6/8.

Just finished the last Jedi. Action really didn't pick up until 1 hour 40 minutes in. Don't know how it did numbers at the box office. Didn't live up to the hype and I don't think I would watch it a second time.

Back
Top Bottom