Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Thanks to the Redbox down the street, get to check out BlackkKlansman tonight. :pimp:

RIP Albert Finney.

millers-crossing-albert-finney

Just going back to the river that’s all
NewDearestJackrabbit-max-1mb.gif

i stopped watching after season 12. it started falling off. its wild that since then, there is going to be another 20 seasons that i have not watched. i always wanted to go back and watch them but i feel like it would be a waste.

It boggles the mind that a cartoon has been around as long as the Simpsons has.

Can you imagine a Netflix binge?

Agreed. Must be same writers from F&F8, can we go back to the F&F and Tokyo Drift writers. Bring the series back down a notch, because based off the trailers they are fighting Captain America. Idris is bulletproof and super strong, I think he was even running down the side of a building.
You asking for too much. Hollywood is gonna Hollywood

Velvet Buzzsaw 3/8 - At times I was interested and at others I was dozing off. Too many half thought out ideas to recommend this one...

The Warriors was released in theaters forty years ago today.

the-warriors-poster2.jpg

One of my favorite intros in a film:

fun fact i learned this week on the rewatchables podcast about this movie

tony danza was originally cast to play the character vermin but couldnt do it b/c he got cast in the show taxi

the dude who ended up playing that character is now a newscaster about 20 mins. away from where i live:lol:

MV5BMWRkMmFjZDItN2YzYy00NGIzLTg2ZWEtYjZmZjI0ZDIwMzQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTQyNDg1MjE@._V1_UY268_CR21,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

A year after a devastating flood has killed five locals in an idyllic country town, a mysterious new plant appears. The plant's phenomenal ability to restore youth is so formidable that attempting to harness it means re-evaluating values.

the wedding singer has one of the goat songs x opening scene of all time. not up for debate.

High Flying Bird 5/8 - Some slick dialogue in this one but overall pretty bland. Respect for shooting it on an iPhone though.

Miss Bala 3/8 - Gina Rodriguez does her thing but it takes too long to get going. Was expecting SALT or Red Sparrow and its neither.

Is she performing that song tonight? Without him, but still?

Would be good promotion for the A Star Is Born for her singing it at the Grammy’s to go viral as a lead up to the Feb. 24 Oscars.

I just watched Heat for the 1st time this weekend. That scene with DeNiro and Pacino in the diner :pimp:, grade A between a couple goats.

Also caught a doc on HBO called Momentum Generation about Kelly Slater and all the young guns who came up around the same time and took over the surfing world. I knew a handful of dudes in the doc from name recognition and being into surfing as a kid but had no idea they all lived together in Hawaii before they blew up. Pretty dope story

Back
Top Bottom