Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Why? He wasn't a little person.

RDJr's version was great.

5’5”... would have guessed smaller. Buster Keaton was 5’5” too. How I thought Chaplin was a little person I don’t know, but my fault.

And in that frame of mind (which I now know is incorrect!) I thought the momentum was right for Dinklage to do that coming off of GOT.

Last edited:
Finally watched Green Room for the first time last night. ****ing brutal. Story wasn't as fast paced as I'd expected, which was a pleasant surprise. Helped build the sense of dread and tension, having the band seemingly with no ways to escape. Solid little thriller. Everyone was great in their role; Sir Patrick was cold as ice and stole the show. Will need to check out Blue Ruin next.

Solid 6/8 for the slow-burn thriller/horror genre.

hollywood doesn’t give minorities enough opportunities as it is but I hate it when they don’t cast appropriately... Like Scarlett Johansson in ghost in a shell & now we got corny will smith in this live action Aladdin... Do better. :smh:

Well what minority was the genie suppose to be?

Its a fictional thing.

Just the other day I saw a blue genie on a show played by a black chick.

Its like saying Santa has to be white.

Last edited:
hollywood doesn’t give minorities enough opportunities as it is but I hate it when they don’t cast appropriately... Like Scarlett Johansson in ghost in a shell & now we got corny will smith in this live action Aladdin... Do better. :smh:
I feel your pain, however I never thought of a ethnicity for the genie. Personally I would think the genie could change his nationality at will.

I’m mean the premise of the Aladdin story takes place in a specific region... ya’ll need to at least do your googles before you speak on topics...

8F718D41-EDD3-401A-B74E-D856D63C6778.jpeg
6821D0DA-F5A3-4D63-B5E6-ECE0AA705C82.jpeg

Looks mad weird man. Trailer looks like trash cgi too. Not sure if I’m gonna peep this.

Definitely have the C/D team working on the CGI. The opening scene with the rock doesn't look up to 93 Jurassic Park levels.

I was thinking the same thing. Like this looks like it was made pre-Jurassic Park CGI. They better be working on that ASAP

Idk man. Complaining that genie isn't middle eastern is like complaining like Goku wasn't japanese is like complaining a robot wasn't asian. Doesn't make sense. None of these roles have to be tied to a specific ethnicity.

Would be the dragon in mulan have to be Chinese?

OK. So Scarlett played Major in ghost in the shell. Everyone complained about that. Where is this energy for Alita Battle Angel. The girl playing Alita isn't japanese either lol. If people are going to complain they should be consistent. Both movies have non Japanese actresses playing robots...

Last edited:
Twitter ****TING on Smith's take on the Genie :lol: rightfully so IMO.

Finally watched Green Room for the first time last night. ****ing brutal. Story wasn't as fast paced as I'd expected, which was a pleasant surprise. Helped build the sense of dread and tension, having the band seemingly with no ways to escape. Solid little thriller. Everyone was great in their role; Sir Patrick was cold as ice and stole the show. Will need to check out Blue Ruin next.

Solid 6/8 for the slow-burn thriller/horror genre.

You took Green Room to be a thriller/horror? I didn't get that vibe at all.

The irony of having Captain America in your avy spouting a view saying it's not racist. :rofl:Oh well, I said my piece.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom