Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Just got back from seeing Alita Battle Angel. I loved it! I highly recommend it. Some of the best CGI I've evere seen. Alita is such a bass *** character.

Unfortunately we probably won't be getting a sequel. I think they did a bad job of marketing this movie and it had a $200m budget (needs to make about $450m worldwide just to break even.)

When it came out, I mostly remember thinking, “Man this has got to be the biggest-budget movie to date where Jack Black plays a serious role” and not seeing it.

I thought King Kong was ok and even watched it a second time and it was still entertaining enough. Thought Jack played his role very well.

With the upcoming Godzilla movie does it have any ties to the movie from 2014 with Bryan Cranston? Still haven't watched that one and see there is another one coming out next year.

Fellas need help identifying a film.

It was about a couple in the woods who were in a tent and then there was a dinosaur (brontosaurus) that was passing by.

I believe it came out in the late 80s/early 90s.

Alita was ok. Slightly above average. Enjoyed the setting and visuals.

The YA love story was terrible and Hugo is already one of my most hated characters ever :lol:

I really wished James Cameron had directed this, since it was one of his dream projects for 20 years.

5/8

Alita was AMAZING to me because it’s probably one of the most faithful adaptations to source material Hollywood has done in a long time. I loved how Alita became the most human person in the film halfway through. Her mannerisms were so on point. When she offered Hugo her heart :blush: I was in love. They captured her innocence and the fact that she’s the most dangerous thing. Everyone’s acting was top notch with the exception of dude playing Hugo but he’s involved in some of the best and emotional scenes in the movie.

Ed Norton :wow::lol:

Alita was AMAZING to me because it’s probably one of the most faithful adaptations to source material Hollywood has done in a long time. I loved how Alita became the most human person in the film halfway through. Her mannerisms were so on point. When she offered Hugo her heart :blush: I was in love. They captured her innocence and the fact that she’s the most dangerous thing. Everyone’s acting was top notch with the exception of dude playing Hugo but he’s involved in some of the best and emotional scenes in the movie.

Ed Norton :wow::lol:

Man, Alita had me hyped during the bar scene. She was a badass during that :pimp:

Hugo is just ****ing awful in everyway. Like you said, he was involved in some of the best and emotional scenes, but those were only good because of Alita and he threatened to ruin every single one of them :lol:

Michael B. Jordan, Warner Bros. Nab Film Rights to ‘Black Leopard, Red Wolf’

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/...-rights-to-black-leopard-red-wolf-1203130714/

Michael B. Jordan’s Outlier Society and Warner Bros. have nabbed the film rights to “Black Leopard, Red Wolf,” a buzzy new fantasy novel by Marlon James.

“Black Leopard, Red Wolf” draws on African mythology to tell the story of Tracker, whose acute sense of smell leads him to be hired to find a missing child against a backdrop of warring kingdoms and political chaos. The child he seeks may be the heir to an empire, something that complicates matters. James referred to the often bloody epic as an “African ‘Game of Thrones,’” but later said he was joking. Still, it includes plenty of the elements that made that HBO show a water-cooler phenomenon including witches, a shape-shifting leopard, a killer hyena, and conjoined twins.

The book is the initial entry in James’ planned Dark Star Trilogy. James, best known for writing the best-seller “A Brief History of Seven Killings,” will serve as executive producer of the project. It’s the first acquisition since Warners and Jordan’s production banner Outlier Society announced their first look deal.

James, a Booker Prize winner, also wrote “John Crow’s Devil.” He received a master’s degree in creative writing from Wilkes University and is currently a professor of literature at Macalester College in Minnesota. “A Brief History of Seven Killings” is reportedly being adapted by Amazon Studios as a possible TV series.

Riverhead Books published the novel on Feb. 4. Reviews for “Black Leopard, Red Wolf” have been largely positive with Rolling Stone calling the book ” a stunning, word-drunk take on sword-and-sorcery sagas” and the New York Times praising James for crafting “characters who will take their place in the pantheon of memorable and fantastical superheroes.”

Anonymous Content and Ellen Levine of Trident Media Group brokered the deal.

Founded by Jordan, the star of “Black Panther” and “Creed,” Outlier Society’s mandate is to foster an “eclectic and inclusive lineup of diverse stories and voices.” The company was one of the first companies to publicly adopt the inclusion rider, which is intended to create more opportunities for women and people of color both in front of and behind the camera. Upcoming projects include WWII action drama “The Liberators,” the sci-fi hour-long series “Raising Dion,” and the OWN drama series “David Makes Man” from Oscar-winning “Moonlight” co-writer Tarell Alvin McCraney.

Man I hope they have video of her with her real voice.

Some background for folks not aware

https://www.theladders.com/career-advice/these-professions-attract-the-highest-number-of-psychopaths

I don't know man her normal and fake voice does nothing for me. If I am going to believe someone the voice is not a deciding factor, lets look at numbers, ok now let me run my numbers and make sure we get to the same conclusion. Being totally honest listening to her fake voice makes me think I am listening to someone with downsyndrome or some kind of learning disability. I actually found it hilarious that she changes her voice. Perhaps dude in Fyre Festival should have faked his voice.

I wonder when she is under oath if they make her use her real voice. LOL.

Bout to check out the first 2 eps of Boomerang...

Kudos to Lena Waithe. Girl is puttin’ in work. BET’s Boomerang was great. Disappointed a bit that eps are only 30 mins but love the show. Nice Dramady. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Wasn't bad at all, which they were longer, but the cast is dope, Marcus daughter :evil::evil::evil::evil:

My man Joey B smashing then asking what are we?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ol Boy Ari calling his boy a Trey is hilarious to me

I thought King Kong was ok and even watched it a second time and it was still entertaining enough. Thought Jack played his role very well.

With the upcoming Godzilla movie does it have any ties to the movie from 2014 with Bryan Cranston? Still haven't watched that one and see there is another one coming out next year.
Kong in '05 was great for the time. since it was Peter Jackson it was the forefront of the newest version of CGI. we got away from the Spider-Man Toby McGuire 1,2s etc. ones that wasn't the sharpest and you can tell it was fake real badly, almost cheesy. it was Peter Jackson's project and this was around the time of LoTRs so his name carried it and its beautiful graphics. I remember the special features of it having the movie and they commented that thanks to the technology now they have a mid to long shot of 35yr old Adrian Brody forever to use. And the cameras used were brand spanking new

When Godzilla with Cranston came out it was noted to be the biggest Godzilla in size throughout monster movie history. Kong vs Godzilla is a famous fight portrayed before but Jackson's Kong is no where a good match up(size wise). To compensate, this tale of the tape they made Kong:Skull Island with Bree Larson and Sam Jackson and big hinting this Kong and Godzilla will fight eventually. the new Godzilla movie has his famous enemies but no showing of Kong (as of now). if it happens as a surprise only shown in the theatre no trailer were in but if not that could be the sequel to this new one coming out.

Caught "Miracle at St. Anna" last night. James McBride novel is interesting, but this wasn't Spike's best work. Valentina Cervi was a highlight for me. Derek Luke was outchea simpin' and Michael Ealy slid in for the robbery. 2.8/8.

Also watched "Den of Thieves." Got what Christian Gudegast was going for with the 'Big Nick' vs. Ray Merrimen dynamic. Tried to capture that cat-and-mouse game that Pacino and De Niro successfully established in the classic, "Heat." Dawn Olivieri ain't bad. The dinner scene was funny with 'Big Nick' punking everyone at the table. 4.8/8.

Edit:
"Blessed" got a couple scenes in there. Bisping with the cameo at the end, to set up a sequel if they want.

Last edited:
Saw Cold Pursuit last night.

Was going in thinking it would be Neeson's usual fare of revenge flicks, but it turned out being more of a dark action-comedy.
It was alright, the tone kinda threw me off and the action was only so-so. Had some laughs though.

5/8

Back
Top Bottom