Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I will check it out for matinee when it comes out, looks average.

Damn the brothers always have to get it in movies

Juice was the first film produced by David Heyman and Neal Moritz. Both went on to produce the Harry Potter and The Fast and the Furious franchises, respectively.

I have a 9:30 Dolby ticket purchased for Saturday morning. Work schedule isn't friendly for movies so I am going to make sure I can get in asap.

Tough news for Trebek, stage 4 pancreatic I believe had a 1% survival rate.

Captain Marvel 6/8

Its a midtier MCU flick but I got it ahead of some other midtier flicks like Dr. Strange and Ant-Man & the Wasp but still behind GotG.

Enjoyed Carol's character and story. Small issues I have are kinks that will be worked out with better writing. Probably will see vastndifferences there in Endgame. Like the subtle differences with T'Challa in Civil War and then his own movie.

Fury was real good although for it to be the 90s, a figure high in SHIELD, already participated in some wars he was a bit too happy and laid back to me. Some dark **** had to happen in thw rest of the 90s90s for him to be the Fury we get an idea of IM to Avengers.

Mendleson was good as Talos but I missed where ppl he was the best/stand out/stole the show. I'm also missing this Ben Mendelson love train everybody else is on.

Think it was a nice touch adding in like 8 or 10 yr old Monica to connext with Carol.

Wouldve liked more Star Force in the beginning and more Coulson with Fury. Would've liked even more 90s references and nostalgia.

That Stan Lee intro was everything.

I caught in the credits and Lucasfilm and Skywalker worked on the visuals for this movie (along with others) and I could totally call it. The spaceship dog fight and chases took me back to pod races on Tattooine. He'll the beginning of the movie reminded me a bit of TFA and Solo. Got a Star Wars vibe in a good way from that. Felt distinctly different from GotG.

Can't wait for the CM sequel. Lots of potential here.

Greta 4.6/8

This was a stalker movie but the stalker was an old French lady that was stalking Hit-Girl.

I've been rooting for Chloë Grace Moretz cuz I'm q fan but she be choosing some stinkers some times.

Writer and director were just plain garbage. Type of plot you wish a great like Hitchcock had in his handa cuz he'd elevate it.

Alita: Battle Angel 5/8

I never watched the anime or read the manga so no nostalgia connection for me. One of those animes I knew of but not a lot about.

The action fight scenes were really good. Probably the best thing I liked about this. Not the roller derby scenes.

Didn't care for this story, the history and world building. I dont know how it originally was in the anime but the movie felt like just another one of those Hunger Games/Maze Runner movies or more accurately Ready Player One lite.

Fell asleep a little near the end.

The actress was a bright spot in possibly getting better roles.

Mahershala must've been in it for a check as well as Christoph.

Ended up watching Captain Marvel one more time.

Last edited:
finally got to watch the korean crime drama believer. i thoroughly enjoyed it. you can spot the plot twist a mile away but overall, performances were good and the vibe was great. 5.6/8
21782246-E381-4D02-91B4-32B386E4FC7A.jpeg

Finally watched John Wick 2. Didn’t like it as much as the 1st but I still really enjoyed it. I only watched it because the trailer for number 3 looks so good. I’m glad I did.

Did Skyfall make anyone else get a little moist in the eye toward the end? My mom was bawling at that hypothetical.

Did Skyfall make anyone else get a little moist in the eye toward the end? My mom was bawling at that hypothetical.
I didn't get misty eyed but it was sad seeing M go, first time we see one actually get retired. I think they are missing something in the series though like the story telling is just average.

Went to visit some family this past weekend & my cousin was in the process of moving out so she had a few boxes left to go & one was filled with old DVD’s. Decided to look through it so we could all watch a movie together & instantly decided on this classic that I hadn’t seen in years:

After watching it, I can’t think of a coming-of-age film that was better than this. It was just so damn relatable to that time in a young boy’s life when all you cared about was looking fly, hanging with your boys & getting at girls. So many damn quotables, too:

“Ms. Hughes, what page fifteen on?”

"I swore I saw the light. A hand reaching to me from the heavens. My mistake, it was his fist.”

"You let that ***** Terry bone... I know I look better than that *****"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Went to visit some family this past weekend & my cousin was in the process of moving out so she had a few boxes left to go & one was filled with old DVD’s. Decided to look through it so we could all watch a movie together & instantly decided on this classic that I hadn’t seen in years:

After watching it, I can’t think of a coming-of-age film that was better than this. It was just so damn relatable to that time in a young boy’s life when all you cared about was looking fly, hanging with your boys & getting at girls. So many damn quotables, too:

“Ms. Hughes, what page fifteen on?”

"I swore I saw the light. A hand reaching to me from the heavens. My mistake, it was his fist.”

"You let that ***** Terry bone... I know I look better than that *****"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

Back
Top Bottom