Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I've literally never heard of Big Trouble in Little China.

I'm guessing it's not cool lol

Directed by John Carpenter:
76D9B856-1D9E-4002-B8D7-72A250BD6CD4.jpeg

I watched the first twenty minutes of the Euphoria pilot.

The director definitely has to have done drugs before. Lol.

I can definitely see what ppl like about the show. It's tightly put together and every shot flows into the next shot into the next shot.

But I don't think this show is for me. Just not particularly interested in teenagers doing drugs.

I've literally never heard of Big Trouble in Little China.

I'm guessing it's not cool lol

Reported for never hearing of Big Trouble in Little China.

I love Big Trouble in Little China and so do most of the Asians I known who’ve seen it.

Most films set up like that would make Jack the brave and honorable hero while Wang is either the bumbling or insignificant sidekick. Instead Carpenter flips the roles and Wang is the honorable one who can actually fight and gets the girl. Jack is more like the bumbling sidekick who only really just wants his truck back and only does one notable thing in all the battles.

Reported for never hearing of Big Trouble in Little China.

I love Big Trouble in Little China and so do most of the Asians I known who’ve seen it.

Most films set up like that would make Jack the brave and honorable hero while Wang is either the bumbling or insignificant sidekick. Instead Carpenter flips the roles and Wang is the honorable one who can actually fight and gets the girl. Jack is more like the bumbling sidekick who only really just wants his truck back and only does one notable thing in all the battles.

Wang is that dude.

I watched the first twenty minutes of the Euphoria pilot.

The director definitely has to have done drugs before. Lol.

I can definitely see what ppl like about the show. It's tightly put together and every shot flows into the next shot into the next shot.

But I don't think this show is for me. Just not particularly interested in teenagers doing drugs.
Show is more than just teenagers doing drugs but you would have known that if you watched more than 20 mins before writing it off. :lol:>D:stoneface:

Kinda dumb to think the director had to have done drugs.
Absolutely right, directors use technical & visual skills to tell a story. The writer is the one who actually creates the story & would be the one to suspect as a former addict since writers often pull from past experiences, which I believe this writer did. Probably why the abuse is so detailed, honest, & believable. Which is why I believe the drug abuse in this show might bothere some ppl. When drug abuse is in a comedy & teeneagers are getting high no one really cares, but when it's brutally honest & messy, it cuts a little deeper than ppl would like.

Show is more than just teenagers doing drugs but you would have known that if you watched more than 20 mins before writing it off. :lol:>D:stoneface:
I finished the whole episode to see what you were talking about, but it was still mostly about drugs.

Just not a show for me. That's all

I'd probably be more into the show if the lead was less selfish. She left rehab with no intention of staying clean lol. She wasn't even gunna try

Last edited:
A well made show too. The topic just doesn't interest me.

I will say Zendaya has a really bright career ahead of her. She's going to be getting roles for a long time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom