Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Dante-Alex-Mr.-Cheezle-Have-a-Smoking-Session-In-Grandmas-Boy.jpg

Dark Waters 6.5/8 - Really well done. The cast was great, everyone was believable in their roles. Corporate greed man... can't trust em.

Oh man I got totally screwed out of seeing Uncut Gems today.

Probably never going to the regal in union square again. They under construction and for some reason checking tickets before each theater :smh:

Only got to see Bombshell :x (not that good, review later along with Jumanji and Richard Jewell).

6 Underground 4/8 - I wasn't expecting much but it wasn't the worst thing I've seen this year. I don't like when movies give characters numbers or nicknames (see Fury/Sabotage) its just so ridiculous too me. Reynolds is permanently Deadpool now which is great. Ron Funches has one of the best cameos of the year for me. Perfect Netflix movie I would've graded it harsher in theaters.

had some free time and needed to kill some time and this was playing at the local theater

cool and informative documentary regarding mushrooms and fungi and their role and benefits

Bombshell 4.5/8

Oh man, this just isn't good especially now that its been a day and its dwelling on me. I was gonna say just okay but this movie is below average. Doing too much and doesn't know what it wants to be.

You would think throwing 3 stars in this would make it legit but nah.

It was a huge mistake making Megyn Kelly one of the main focuses of this flick. I don't want to compare it to it but this was handled so much better on the Loudest Voice. And actors there were somehow better than those in the movie (Watts was a better Carlson than Kidman). They also for some reason minimized Gretchen Carlson role in taking down Ailes.

Its strange cuz I felt bad for the women in the miniseries but didnt in this movie. They never really fully detailed and showed the harassment. Cut scenes and alludes to sexual abuse or harassment but never gets in to the multiple acts and the few scenes that were tame compared to the full on creepy Ailes Crowe played.

Margot Robbie was really good as usual but for some reason the studio or director decided for her to play a made up character that comprised 20 other staffers working there at the time. Then at the same time they completely omitted Laurie Luhn from the movie, a woman Roger Ailes sexually abused and raped for years and basically gaslighted her in to the crazy house.

Also they used this weird cgi where they tried to put O'Reilly's face on somebody and have him in the newsroom. So weird and unnecessary.

Richard Jewell 6/8

Really good movie. Hauser was mad convincing. Rockwell was great. Wilde and Hamm were solid.

Story was a bit too long but overall really really good covering the time period, the bombing, the immediate false profiling by the FBI and the aftermath. Turned Jewell's life and his mom's to ****

Jumanji: The Next Level 6.4/8

Another fun installment. Devito and Glover were great additions. The Rock and Hart acting as Devito and Glover were even funnier.

Jack Black as a young black man :lol:

Awkwafina as Devito :lol:

Look forward to the next one.

Last edited:
Hauser and Bates were fantastic in Richard Jewell. Box office numbers probably wont show it but i hope they get some recognition for their work

when the bryan gumble interview came up :lol:

anyone ever watched this show., how is it? I had no idea it existed, was just looking on IMDB to see what Nicolas Winding Refn was up to.

Last edited:
Checked out about 30 minutes of the David Harbour Hellboy reboot. Noooo bueno. Straight -to-video-movie-you-never-heard-of quality. Hopper is still my guy, but yikes.

Also, and completely unrelated, I don’t think Family Guy is funny.

Checked out about 30 minutes of the David Harbour Hellboy reboot. Noooo bueno. Straight -to-video-movie-you-never-heard-of quality. Hopper is still my guy, but yikes.

Also, and completely unrelated, I don’t think Family Guy is funny.

yo, did we just become best friends??

I should be upset Sopranos is still in the shrink wrap but they dvds anyway

A friend loaned me his to view the series. Few weeks later I picked up each season for 15 bucks a piece.

I haven't done a rewatch yet. But as you noted, I'm hopin for Blu someday.

A friend loaned me his to view the series. Few weeks later I picked up each season for 15 bucks a piece.

I haven't done a rewatch yet. But as you noted, I'm hopin for Blu someday.

Sopranos rewatches need to be done yearly.

I have season 6 and season 1 on blu. Season 6 was one of the earliest Blu-ray releases ever and has terrible packaging.

I was excited to start collecting it all when they announced the season 1 BD, but they dropped the individual releases after S1 and just dropped the complete series a year later :stoneface:

Like my GOT, they're all paper weights to me now and I rebought them all on digital :lol: :smh:

I don't know the name, the new Ryan Reynolds on Netflix, it was AWESOME.

The most Michael Bayest of all Michael Bay movies, 2 hours of ridiculous on steroids on Deadpool of I don't know what the **** but I loved every terrible second. :lol:

3/8

Where did you get the cases? I have one of those cheap metal ones that always feels like it's going to topple over. Need 1 or 2 of the ones you have.

Target/Walmart/Best Buy type places. Assemble yourself and what not. They're all diff which is why the diff sizes. When I started I had like one of them, now I have about 7. (3 others not shown with all my wife's movies)

Back
Top Bottom