Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Nice Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and Disney+ will be in heavy rotation so many shows I missed I could catch up on with a strike. I don't watch any current shows on TV so don't even care.
Damn yeah, interesting. Don't think we've been through a writer's strike with all the streaming options and content now available.

I didn't love it, but I was ok with it. I def love Margot as Harley, but after Joker, this was hard. I wonder what a more serious Harley would look like vs the cartoon-y action Harley. Iono.

5/8ish

Maybe. She was never that good of an actress. Its not like gets a ton of roles a year.

We'll see if the social media backlash keeps up. That may lead to her being killed off in the Aquaman movie.

I like watching Bong Joon Ho talk about Parasite, he's like "this is weird, doesn't make sense" kinda in the same frame as the audience, but he meticulously wrote and directed it to be that way :lol:

Oscar predictions:

Best Picture: 1917
Best Director: Bong Joon Ho
Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
Best Actress: Zellweger
Best S actress: Laura Dern
Best S Actor: Brad Pitt

Oscar predictions:

I haven’t seen 1917 yet so I fully agree with all this except I have Parasite winning BP

Oscar predictions:

I should have gone with my gut on BP instead of trying to think like the Academy. Still, 5 outta 6 ain't bad.

UniformDirectAoudad-size_restricted.gif

Caught a whole bunch of stuff this weekend:
Parasite 7.25/8 - Extremely well done. Deserved every Oscar it won.
Dolitte 1.5/8 - Basically unwatchable. RDJ quitting the Marvel films for this is unacceptable.
The Gentleman 5/8 - Guy Ritchie makes quality gangster flicks. I didn't think the reveal was as much of a surprise as it leads the viewer on but the cast was great.
The LEGO Movie Part 2 3/8 - Not a fan of this sequel. I'm fine with these being done. Felt like the charm of the first one was lost. Enjoyed The LEGO Batman movie by a mile.

Back
Top Bottom