Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

PoisedSpectacularGrayreefshark-size_restricted.gif

Watched Ford vs. Ferrari a couple days ago on UHD. Good movie, a bit long... almost passed out a couple of times because I was tired af... and high. Anyway the race scenes were great, loved the part where Shelby took Ford on the test drive in to GT. Leo needed his *** kicked.

I want to buy Parasite, but I feel like it will get released on UHD later...

Kind of crazy that the biggest story coming out of the Oscars is Eminem’s surprise performance of an 18 year old song...

Just went in blind and watched Ma with Octavia Spencer. Man WTH :lol:

For some reason I was expecting it to be halfway decent. Whoops.

Kind of crazy that the biggest story coming out of the Oscars is Eminem’s surprise performance of an 18 year old song...
With the worst ratings in a while and no worthwhile host I'm not surprised.

An upset pick that dominated a good deal of categories isn't what really gets ppl talking the next day.

The Academy and ABC should expect more of this if they keep it up, especially if they keep ignoring all of the exceptional film and work by minorities.

I guess in the current times of filmmakers being considered auteurs I'd list Anderson, Bong Joon-Ho, Cuaron, Inarritu, and Tarantino. queuing Kanye shrug myself for adding Tarantino because he purposefully set himself out to be on the list. self proclaimed himself as one from the very beginning. tries to mimic the benchmarks to become one. Federico Fellini's 8th movie was named 8 1/2 as it was a movie but also semi autobiography. Tarantino makes hateful 8 as his 8th. QT announcing his retirement after 10 films. "Leave the game while on top of it". I don't know if he is holding true to his word as of late but kinda forcing himself in the cool kids table?

Self imposed sidenote/edit: I wikid the list of auteurs. from the 00s onwards maybe they loosely gave the title away now? Jordan Peele has two movies and I haven't seen his other behind the camera works but maybe too soon? He has a great bright future and he's young but yeah that's that. If I sound like I'm rambling please correct me.

I guess in the current times of filmmakers being considered auteurs I'd list Anderson, Bong Joon-Ho, Cuaron, Inarritu, and Tarantino. queuing Kanye shrug myself for adding Tarantino because he purposefully set himself out to be on the list. self proclaimed himself as one from the very beginning. tries to mimic the benchmarks to become one. Federico Fellini's 8th movie was named 8 1/2 as it was a movie but also semi autobiography. Tarantino makes hateful 8 as his 8th. QT announcing his retirement after 10 films. "Leave the game while on top of it". I don't know if he is holding true to his word as of late but kinda forcing himself in the cool kids table?

Self imposed sidenote/edit: I wikid the list of auteurs. from the 00s onwards maybe they loosely gave the title away now? Jordan Peele has two movies and I haven't seen his other behind the camera works but maybe too soon? He has a great bright future and he's young but yeah that's that. If I sound like I'm rambling please correct me.

Idk about Tarantino being self imposed. His movies have always been a tribute to the favorite films of his era and he's always been transparent about that. Dude has a great track record and made arguably the best movie ever (it's heavily debatable, I know), but to be around as long as he has and still being on top of his game; not many directors have as clean as a track record as him.

Just watched Parasite.

Don’t get the hype. The girl and the mom were cute though. Maybe i just like more happy / fun movies. These classism and mixed emotion bag movies don’t do anything except get me in some pensive broody mood.

don’t @me i lived in Korea for 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom