Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Too many people took bullets for Will Smith in Bad Boys for life. This dudes luck is incredible with the near hits.

Watched for first time. Very good doc, especially if you're a Nas fan or fan of hip-hop in general.

Time_Is_Illmatic_Poster_2014.jpg
Your avy just reminded I wanted to rewatch Ghost Dog. Might go for a late night burn right now.

The Meg (2nd viewing) 5.5/8 - I don't remember what I rated this when it came out but its still solid.

Trolls World Tour 3.75/8 - It was alright less memorable songs. Kenan Thompson and Ron Funches got a lot of screen time which is great. Funk Trolls all day.

Finally watched IT2
Steven King made that Film horrible on purpose.

Sidenote: I remember Alexander Skatsgard playing the role of Pennywise in IT.
Shook to find that it was Bill Skarsgard.

I have two older brothers and our dad died 15 years ago, Onward was written strictly to make sure that we cry :lol:

Better than I expected, and I liked where they took the story. I thought it was going to be more about magic in a modern society but it really was about the brothers and their dad. Chris Pratt is a terrific voice actor too

Just saw "Annihilation". Movie blew my mind. Last 20min had the most amazing visuals I've seen in the longest time. I was absolutely glued to the screen. I was stuck thinking for a good 10min after the movie was over lol. Nuts. Felt like an absolute fever dream.

Plays on the 15th on the EPIX channel on direcTV. EPIX is free till the 16th. Also on Hulu I believe.

small semi spoiler I guess ?
i read a small tidbit somewhere that the dopperganger or everything in the bubble was a metaphor about how cancer infects the human body. becomes part of the body but not necessarily directly attacking it. like they don't know its not wanted

Finally watched IT2
Steven King made that Film horrible on purpose.

Sidenote: I remember Alexander Skatsgard playing the role of Pennywise in IT.
Shook to find that it was Bill Skarsgard.
I just watched it last night and enjoyed it. Excellent casting all around, believable performances, just a really fun movie. They did a great job capturing that coming of age/adventure feel of nostalgia that dominated in the 80s.

I love the underlying message of the story as well. Once you stop identifying with your mind and ego, fear goes away with it, and you'll no longer manifest unwanted things. "All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit." Big facts !

Looking at both parts together, this is probably my favorite horror reboot.

I just watched it last night and enjoyed it. Excellent casting all around, believable performances, just a really fun movie. They did a great job capturing that coming of age/adventure feel of nostalgia that dominated in the 80s.

I love the underlying message of the story as well. Once you stop identifying with your mind and ego, fear goes away with it, and you'll no longer manifest unwanted things. "All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit." Big facts !

Looking at both parts together, this is probably my favorite horror reboot.
I only finished it because I started it. THat was a hard finish too at 2.5hrs run time.
Felt exaclty the opposite(Execution just felt like King was done after the 1st and they made him do a Sequel so he wrote the goofiest **** he could, Clown *** Spider Bad Guy)
Agree
Looking at both parts together, seemed like one was Stephen King and one was Wes Craven slash Wierd Al Yankovic. Felt like I was getting Trolled.

I only finished it because I started it. THat was a hard finish too at 2.5hrs run time.
Felt exaclty the opposite(Execution just felt like King was done after the 1st and they made him do a Sequel so he wrote the goofiest **** he could, Clown *** Spider Bad Guy)
Agree
Looking at both parts together, seemed like one was Stephen King and one was Wes Craven slash Wierd Al Yankovic. Felt like I was getting Trolled.
You keep talking about King and this movie as if he recently wrote the story. Screenwriters did these movies. King had nothing to do with the script or story choices.

You do know It and It Chapter 2 is based off King's novel, It, that came out in the late 80s right?

Its one whole story that was already adapted as a miniseries.

Furthermore, It Chapter 2 the movie is only a loose adaption of the 2nd half of the book. The actual story is pretty different. You should watch the miniseries or just read the book for a better idea of what King intended as opposed to what Muschietti and the writers decided.

Last edited:
You keep talking about King and this movie as if he recently wrote the story. Screenwriters did these movies. King had nothing to do with the script or story choices.

You do know It and It Chapter 2 is based off King's novel, It, that came out in the late 80s right?

Its one whole story that was already adapted as a miniseries.

Furthermore, It Chapter 2 the movie is only a loose adaption of the 2nd half of the book. The actual story is pretty different. You should watch the miniseries or just read the book for a better idea of what King intended as opposed to what Muschietti and the writers decided.

I have It Chapter 2 saved to my DVR now, but am really torn about investing the 2.5 hours needed to watch it. I’m curious, but I don’t think I know anyone who’s said it was better than just ok.’

I have It Chapter 2 saved to my DVR now, but am really torn about investing the 2.5 hours needed to watch it. I’m curious, but I don’t think I know anyone who’s said it was better than just ok.’
Oh it was just ok and pales in comparison to the first movie which I took as a refreshing comedy horror.

But honestly with the time skip they either were gonna fully embrace the weird sci-fi horror and coming age of sex stuff or do what they did, strip it down, omit scenes, do their own thing and focus on one theme to wrap things up.

Damn, I didn't think it was that bad :lol:

I'd add the cast didn't really work but the story changes cuz their adults and not kids anymore so its not the same thing if you're looking for anything similar.

They should've approached it in a way like they were doing a new standalone movie. Cuz something about it doesn't feel like anything was working.

Resulting with the book version being better and I'd even say the miniseries.

Haven't even bothered with IT2. Enjoyed chapter 1, but I was expecting even better based on the massive amount of hype it got. I remember The Rock posting on IG that it was the greatest horror movie EVER.

Back
Top Bottom