Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

You keep talking about King and this movie as if he recently wrote the story. Screenwriters did these movies. King had nothing to do with the script or story choices.

You do know It and It Chapter 2 is based off King's novel, It, that came out in the late 80s right?

Its one whole story that was already adapted as a miniseries.

Furthermore, It Chapter 2 the movie is only a loose adaption of the 2nd half of the book. The actual story is pretty different. You should watch the miniseries or just read the book for a better idea of what King intended as opposed to what Muschietti and the writers decided.
Yea I knew it was a remake.
I didn't know someone else did the script though.
Figured it was King.
Anywho, point stands. Part 1 and Part 2 seem like they aren't even related.
IT seemed serious.
IT2 seemed like it wanted to call in sick.
Awful FILM

Also, I remember IT as a kid, I don't recall and sequel to it so I for sure never viewed it.
(Now that I look at IMDB on the original IT, I see that it was a 2 part miniseries..........I don't even know that I would remember anything about either of those OG episodes other than the Scary *** CLOWN)
I might have to give that a watch this week.

Last edited:
The OG (1990) IT was a 2-part miniseries on ABC. I think it was separated by the youth to adult transition.

I have the DVD somewhere. Tried to show it to some kids at juvie lock up back in the day on Halloween and they were like bruh WTH is this :lol:

They weren't lying though. Did not age very well.

Bad idea.

Onward meh, 4/8 for me. Don't get me wrong, I was in my feels early on (having lost my dad a few years ago), and so the ending didn't hit me as badly because I'm also an only chid. That being said, the movie felt a bit rushed & it definitely isn't apart of Pixar's strongest.

Onward meh, 4/8 for me. Don't get me wrong, I was in my feels early on (having lost my dad a few years ago), and so the ending didn't hit me as badly because I'm also an only chid. That being said, the movie felt a bit rushed & it definitely isn't apart of Pixar's strongest.

I think they probably knew it isn’t among their best based on it getting an early Spring release date. I’m expecting Soul, which originally was slated for a Summer release, to be better.

Kind of like with 2015, with Inside Out being excellent and The Good Dinosaur being decent, but kind of forgettable.

I think they probably knew it isn’t among their best based on it getting an early Spring release date. I’m expecting Soul, which originally was slated for a Summer release, to be better.

Kind of like with 2015, with Inside Out being excellent and The Good Dinosaur being decent, but kind of forgettable.

Soul is being looked at as a potential Best Picture contender. PIxar knew what they were doing when they set its release 3 months after Onward :lol:

Onward was a big miss. Even the trailers stunk

This is a sort of movie-related question I’ve been struggling with for a while - is Emma Stone attractive? I’m still not sure.

mronegative mronegative Did you ever catch the Julia FOX interview where she talks about one of her side hustles coming up was selling her panties to some Perp in Times Square?

Shorty gets down. Truly one of us.
Just caught up with the thread :lol:

She the absolute realest. Trainwreck Bonnie to your Clyde Definition of a ride or die chick.

Uncut Gems was my 1B to Parasite :smokin

I'm mid S7 of The Office already. (I'm now on my annual Draft vacation, so lot of free time)

The fire drill ep was UNBELIEVABLE. I was gasping for air. Truly great. The show is so cringe with the main jokes, but the background jokes/characters are flawless. Michael Scott is always cringe and awkward, but then cut to Kevin talkin to Oscar "man...you'd love prison" Oscar: :stoneface: "Why.....why would I love prison?" :rofl: :rofl:

The stereotypes are LOUD. S4 Pam let's her hair down and shrinks her sweaters two sizes. The things Scott says to Oscar or Kevin or Toby (who's great) or any other character.

Such an interesting show in that their main dialogue is so off, but it still rounds into shape and gets you laughing.

Why are you the way that you are. every time we try to have fun you make it not that way. I hate so much the things you choose to be.

Rough quote from memory. I catch bronchitis just thinking bout that scene :lol:

Also, anyone that was a big Breaking Bad fan. Better Call Saul is absolutely on par. It is incredible the writing of that show. I swear on my life they learned from Skylar and went '93 Jordan with Kim Wexler. The cast of this show may have surpassed BB already.

Why are you the way that you are. every time we try to have fun you make it not that way. I hate so much the things you choose to be.

Rough quote from memory. I catch bronchitis just thinking bout that scene :lol:

"If I had a gun with two bullets and was locked in a room with Satan, Bin Laden and Toby......I'd shoot Toby twice"

Brother...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ACCB3BB9-8E08-4C0A-8F3D-F117A739F476.jpeg

Better Call Saul definitely surpassed Breaking Bad.
Have to agree on the learning from the Skylar character to create Kim.

Every watch I think “why is she F’ing with Saul?” atleast 10times.
When she sat next to him while he was in the tub I was so jealous.

I was right to wait as long as I did to rewatch Community cuz while memorable a lot of stuff was fresh again.

May be time to rewatch The Office.

Back
Top Bottom