Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

p12356386_v_v8_aw.jpg

Remember watching bits and pieces of this after it first came out and wasn't too impressed.

Decided to give it another try because, you know.

7/10 movie

Ryan Gosling was tremendous and hilarious.

Crowe was meh as usual.

Gosling made this a good movie hands down.

Man, was tough watch seein Michael Scott last ep. :frown:

Unrelated, anyone know what was up with Toby? He looks gaunt AF. Was he sick in real life?

p12356386_v_v8_aw.jpg

Remember watching bits and pieces of this after it first came out and wasn't too impressed.

Decided to give it another try because, you know.

7/10 movie

Ryan Gosling was tremendous and hilarious.

Crowe was meh as usual.

Gosling made this a good movie hands down.

it be like that some times. watch a movie and its meh. give it space and revisit it down the road and it feels different.

MV5BMTY1NjM0MzgxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDc4NTY0NjM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,640,1000_AL_.jpg

:wow::smh::frown:|l

9/10

EVERYONE KILLED.

The way Sam Rockwell portrayed Jr. had me dying everytime he was on screen.

I mean I kind of knew Jr. wasn't that bright but that had that man being a straight puppet.

And how does a man as Evil as **** survive all these heart attacks?!?!?

When he made ol boy apologize to him for being shot in the face...
ezgif-2-d34b07c2580b.gif

**** a cold mfer.

Didn't like Big Short?

I enjoyed Vice for the most part, found it pretty funny pretty often.
Big Short was fine for the most part, but I really just couldn't stand Vice. A lot of the stylistic choices made in Vice that i felt worked for Big Short - the freeze frames, narration, slow motion, cutting, musical cues, I couldn't stand in Vice.

The screenwriting isnt as smart as McKay probably thinks it is. Look at that Macbeth scene or how the movies ends with Cheney breaking the 4th wall and telling everybody "You chose me" and then cutting to a millennial girl talking about how lit the new fast and furious movie is going to be. Pure cringe. McKay is one smug little ****er man ill give him that.

Ill watch every single Fast movie again before I watch some damn Vice C CP1708

I thought The Big Short was pretty damn good but I agree with danger style danger style , McKay tried to make Vice in a similar style and it just did not work. There’s some good performances and laughs in there but overall I was just bored for the majority of it.

Big Short was fine for the most part, but I really just couldn't stand Vice. A lot of the stylistic choices made in Vice that i felt worked for Big Short - the freeze frames, narration, slow motion, cutting, musical cues, I couldn't stand in Vice.

The screenwriting isnt as smart as McKay probably thinks it is. Look at that Macbeth scene or how the movies ends with Cheney breaking the 4th wall and telling everybody "You chose me" and then cutting to a millennial girl talking about how lit the new fast and furious movie is going to be. Pure cringe. McKay is one smug little ****er man ill give him that.

Ill watch every single Fast movie again before I watch some damn Vice C CP1708

I actually agree with basically all this :lol:

That I agree with, there are some movies that can be really good and not have any rewatch value.

Absolutely. For me, it’s the really heavy dramas. Things like Schindler’s List and 21 Grams, etc. Glad I saw them; never will watch again.

I just saw that they remade Valley Girl. I’m not happy. That is Cage-God classic.

Back
Top Bottom