Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

92703962_249893856147122_7712899127299791979_n.jpg

Paola-N%C3%BA%C3%B1ez-son.jpg

Who dat?

He’s probably just catching up on the thread. Chastain was mentioned a few times a couple days ago.

Yup.

I'm a couple days behind most threads at this point with my work schedule. I think I first saw her in Tree of Life and was blown away. I immediately became a fan and watched everything she was in after that.

Still need to watch Molly's Game it's been on the watch list since it came out.

I finally FINALLY got to sit and watch the Lighthouse the other night. WILLEM DEFOE WAS ROBBED. That man was in his bag and playing the role he was born for. The whole film was robbed of it's rightful recognition. Eggers was definitely in his David Lynch bag also; the way the story was told, the interspersed dream sequences and surrealism being mixed with the daily life of Pattenson was shot and acted so perfectly. The climax of the movie being so explosive really drove home how far these two were detached from reality. Going from 0-100 with the two not even knowing if they were friend or foe. What a wild, weird, slow burn of a ride.

7.25/8. Horror deserves recognition, Academy.

I finally FINALLY got to sit and watch the Lighthouse the other night. WILLEM DEFOE WAS ROBBED. That man was in his bag and playing the role he was born for. The whole film was robbed of it's rightful recognition
BIG FACTS

I thought VICE was pretty good for what it was.
It did a good job of showing how brainwashed and “stupid” people in America are.

Vice is now airing on Showtime.

I was lost to see that just now. Didn't even know they parted ways with HBO.

Vice is now airing on Showtime.

I was lost to see that just now. Didn't even know they parted ways with HBO.
On SHOWTIME as of when?
I searched OD lastnight and my cable provider didn’t have it, only places it was showing for free was HULU. I rented it on Prime I think for 3bucks

Watched Rounders last night. It had been a little while. I love that late 90's early 2000's NYC style. Similar to Boiler Room.

Any other films with that same type of vibe?

Seen 25th Hour, and yes that's exactly the NYC nostalgic feeling I'm talking about.

Haven't seen the other two, so definitely will check out. Thanks! calibeebee calibeebee

25th Hour was actually one of my picks in the all-time draft.

15884265-D025-4C57-959B-062DF0373EA8.jpeg

603591B4-14E1-409A-9A6D-D2AAB42F4A0B.jpeg

0424B150-DB10-4FAC-BEFF-F8B6E36E6709.jpeg

Don’t know if you’ve seen any of these, but I get the same vibes as Rounders for sure.
There's something Edward Burns does to movies :lol: He doesn't make them bad or good but what he brings makes the movie have a certain type of feel. Good or bad movies I always notice this

Finished The Office.

ROUGH final two seasons after Michael Scott. Was hard to finish. But it closed nicely. Was actually sad the last ep or two.

Spader was wasted. Odd fit.

Actually liked Jim/Pam. Weird, my first time seein Jim was 13 Hours. Loved him in that, and then Jack Ryan. So I kinda watched him backwards. But they clearly focused on those two + Michael Scott.

I wasn't a big fan of Dwight, but I did like his close. Thought they did well there.

Wish Rashida stayed longer. Karen was awesome.

Ed Helms/Andy was sort of misplaced imo. He never really made me laugh.

Ha, Hall Pass is on HBO, and there's Pam. She's adorable.

Toby, Kevin, Stanley, Meredith, Creed, Erin, Angela, Oscar all really good side characters.

I don't know if I'll ever do a full run thru but now I can at least watch an ep here or there thru reruns.

That was my main thing when you started doing the rewatch I had on my mind. Its gonna be hard to finish that after Michael left.

Writers had no clue which direction they were going. It was really rough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom