Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

1u1guvf347kz.png

The Banker 6.3/8

I was worried jumping in to this just cuz of the subject matter of 2 black guys shadow owning banks and giving loans to black ppl in Texas.

Get past the racism and this is pretty well done feel good movie.

Falcon and Nick Fury make a good team along with low grade Beast.

Nia Long is so damn fine.

Anyone see Dark Waters?
I thought it was a solid watch, if you're in the mood for an eye opening almost documentary type film then I would recommend it. It's a detail oriented film about how large corps can get away with so much and have almost little to no backlash once all is said and done. Movie really makes you put things in perspective. Mark Ruffalo nailed his role imo.

Watched Sonic The Hedgehog last night. Decent but corny at times as expected. Jim Carrey stole the show of course. So glad they changed the Sonic animation from the original model. A lot of nostalgic feels were had. :frown:

5/8

I thought it was a solid watch, if you're in the mood for an eye opening almost documentary type film then I would recommend it. It's a detail oriented film about how large corps can get away with so much and have almost little to no backlash once all is said and done. Movie really makes you put things in perspective. Mark Ruffalo nailed his role imo.

Thanks I'm def gonna give it a go.

Anyone see Dark Waters?
Yeah

Dark Waters 7.4/8

Oh this DuPont corporation, what a bunch of evil scumbags. Knowingly poisoning Americans with Teflon for 40 years

This is one those stories you expect when you're aware of the corruption and greed in big business but wish wasnt true.

Ruffalo carried this movie and keeps you engaged. The writing is smart enough to focus key points and jarring imagery to keep you glued to your seat. Once you get a grasp of this David and Goliath story you just naturally want to see it through to it's end.

Robert Bilott is a fighter. This is the lawyer Ruffalo plays that takes on DuPont and wins at every stage, goes through every roadblock, passes every impediment. He sacrifices his marriage and being a father to his sons to fight for this community poisoned by DuPont. Dude fights them for over 2 decades now and is still fighting.

This was just a great story that needed to be told.

Good movie. Be prepared to see how foul and evil these companies can be.

What Sucker Punch wants to be is so much better than what it actually is...

But both times I’ve watched it I was, um, communing with nature, so I still enjoyed.

Back
Top Bottom