Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I only like McBride in small doses. His schtick gets old to me fast. Probably why Pineapple Express and This is the End are movies I was fine seeing just once.

Is the 2000 movie What Lies Beneath any good? Ratings aren't terrible, had no idea Harrison Ford was in it. :lol:

Very good movie IMO.

I've mentioned this movie a couple days ago.

Stir of Echos with Kevin Bacon.

If you like one you'd like the other.

Very similar but both good in their own
way.

PS, Ford is probably in the best shape in his life in this film.

Is the 2000 movie What Lies Beneath any good? Ratings aren't terrible, had no idea Harrison Ford was in it. :lol:

As koopa stated, VERY good film. Must watch. Additionally, Stir of Echoes makes my top 10 acted scenes list, and a GREAT movie.

that scene where bacon is digging in the back yard, he’s pissed and delivers some damn good acting, was all pretty much raw emotion coming from him. He had hurt is back prior to filming that scene and he didn’t want to take a break or take an extended amount of time off from the project. The aggravation and anger you see coming from him in that scene is all real. I believe it was only one take too. Just pure real emotion. Doesn’t get any better than that.

Eastbound and Down was hilarious, but so was Vice Principals. I wish Danny McBride did more movies. Dude is hilarious to me

I need to give Eastbound another run through. It's been a while. I never gave Vice Principals a shot, I need to.

I remember watching a few episodes of The Black Donnelly's as well. That kid is on City On A Hill now also on Showtime. Show is pretty decent. Produced by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.

I started City On A Hill and never continued. Need to restart that also.

What Lies Beneath was pretty good. Haven't seen it in a long time so not sure how well it holds up. A few cheap jump scares and tactics, but not over the top. Combo of Zemeckis/Ford/Pheiffer were enough to make it a solid watch.

Saw it in the theater August 2000. Friend fought this dude behind the theater before the movie. Movie theater around my way was always the spot to get in fights and run game. Some of my best memories growing up were at the movies.

Anyone else watch the series The Plot Against America on HBO? I thought it was pretty damn good. The set and feel of it was so authentic to the time for me. If your looking to get lost in another time period, it's a good show. Absolutely great acting with an intriguing plot. It's an alternate world during WW2 where Charles Lindbergh (Nazi sympathizer) is elected president instead of Roosevelt and we stay out of WW2 resulting in the country turning against Jews.

What Lies Beneath was pretty good. Haven't seen it in a long time so not sure how well it holds up. A few cheap jump scares and tactics, but not over the top. Combo of Zemeckis/Ford/Pheiffer were enough to make it a solid watch.

Saw it in the theater August 2000. Friend fought this dude behind the theater before the movie. Movie theater around my way was always the spot to get in fights and run game. Some of my best memories growing up were at the movies.

In HS (00-04) the movies were fade central.

One time it got so bad they let the dogs out on us.

NBA Champion and former Mami Hurricane Rob Hite caught a mean fade one of those nights lol.

1593031412963.jpeg

1593031503431.jpeg

darthska darthska I need an update on your journey into good horror films. Where we at? What you have left? :nerd:
I... watched the first episode of the Haunting on Hill House.

I would say that I'm extremely busy and have very little time every week much less every day, but I said that a few months ago in the thread and someone said I was being that guy. Whatever that means, I wasn't kidding the other day when I said it would probably take me a few weeks to even knock out The Wailing, Midsommar, and Hereditary. 😬

I... watched the first episode of the Haunting on Hill House.

I would say that I'm extremely busy and have very little time every week much less every day, but I said that a few months ago in the thread and someone said I was being that guy. Whatever that means, I wasn't kidding the other day when I said it would probably take me a few weeks to even knock out The Wailing, Midsommar, and Hereditary. 😬
No rush. Take your time and make sure you can actually sit and enjoy the films. Nothing annoys me more than my gf distracting me during a movie, so I dont watch nearly as many films these days. Like, I have a couple hours of downtime at best any given day, and if i want to spend it watching a movie, i want to ****ing enjoy it and take it in.

Certain scenes are terrifying. Like once I went over the bed scared, not able to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom