Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I don't think I need to spoiler this, but...

SUPER not feeling the ending of Hereditary. Extra bogus.

That aside, it was a nice shock horror. The big scene in the first third of the movie that the movie is based on, definitely horrific, which is the goal of a horror film. Mind numbingly excruciating scene that seriously took my breath for a very long time. Actually, that scene, that's easily one of the, if not THE, most horrific scene I've ever seen. Again, with respect to the genre we're talking about, props to them on that.

I don't know if this is something you guys judge movies on or what, but I found the dialogue completely predictable. At least a dozen times I said what a character was going to say, sometimes literally word-for-word. It might seem like a small thing, but this annoys me with movies and TV shows. lol

Definitely loved the camera play they did with Annie's miniature models & figures and real life.

Over all, as far as horror movies go, it's definitely up there. That ending can kiss my ***, though. 'Well how did you want it to end?' I'm not a movie writer. 😂 I just know I hated that ending.

5/8

I don't think I need to spoiler this, but...

SUPER not feeling the ending of Hereditary. Extra bogus.

That aside, it was a nice shock horror. The big scene in the first third of the movie that the movie is based on, definitely horrific, which is the goal of a horror film. Mind numbingly excruciating scene that seriously took my breath for a very long time. Actually, that scene, that's easily one of the, if not THE, most horrific scene I've ever seen. Again, with respect to the genre we're talking about, props to them on that.

I don't know if this is something you guys judge movies on or what, but I found the dialogue completely predictable. At least a dozen times I said what a character was going to say, sometimes literally word-for-word. It might seem like a small thing, but this annoys me with movies and TV shows. lol

Definitely loved the camera play they did with Annie's miniature models & figures and real life.

Over all, as far as horror movies go, it's definitely up there. That ending can kiss my ***, though. 'Well how did you want it to end?' I'm not a movie writer. 😂 I just know I hated that ending.

5/8

The ending is what divides a lot of people on the movie :lol:
I personally love it but a lot of people hate it.
The director had said the movie he wanted to make was essentially watching the sacrificial lamb be sacrificed.

Double feature it with Blue Ruin.
Triple feature it with I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore.

Unfamiliar with both but I'll try to get to them this weekend, started mandatory OT today and though I'm working from home it's hard to pay attention to new movies and work simultaneously (who would've thought? :lol: )

I honestly had to read up on the ending of Hereditary to make it all click.

Man I watched hours and hours of video essays on the movie after I saw it :lol: Learning about the lore that inspired it and Aster's methods. Him and Robert Eggers really go the extra mile to include real history/ancient tales into their movies and I really really appreciate that.
I got super absorbed with Eggers process for The Lighthouse after I watched that as well.

Very very curious how you take to Midsommar darthska darthska :lol: It's probably the most polarizing A24 horror movie. Made by same dude that did Hereditary.

I caught The Invitation last weekend and I really enjoyed that one. Does a good job of putting you in the protagonists' shoes

Also haven't seen Midsommar but plan to watch. Scrolled past it on Prime recently and didn't pull the trigger because of the run time.

Wait, why am I watching that one again? Now you guys are making me think I should just do Wailing tonight and forget Midsommar altogether. 👀😂😬🤷‍♂️
Go with the Wailing if you're only watching one. Midsommar was good, but Wailing was amazing. Imo. Korean movies that make it stateside rarely disappoint tho. Midsommar used the environment and the slow burn tension to get what Aster was going for, but the ending is... divisive. Like Zube said. But I liked it. It's not "shocking" or anything, like theres no rug pull, but it's going to either turn you off all the way, or you'll sit and think about it and maybe come around to the ending and think it worked, like I did.
Movie definitely ****ed with me early on, and overall I was like 🤷‍♂️ .
The beginning was the hardest part to watch, purely because of how damn good Florence was, how... scarily realistic she was. Cant blame you for the overall feeling, but I thought the total package was pretty solid after having thought about it for a while. Trying to avoid spoilers because I think Ska should watch it, but I wouldnt blame him for hating the ending right off the bat.

23pxzef791751.jpg

Back
Top Bottom