Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

That was wild, they made sure you solidly knew Nucky is not a good man and he deserves what's coming. Lucky he's escaped it for that long.
I tried to fight it in the thread for like 3 seasons but once they presented the matter clear as day I knew no way Nuck was getting out of this alive.

I don't know why, but I never rewatched Boardwalk for whatever reason. All the other great dramas I've rewatched, except for Mad Men too.

I really liked Mad Men and wanted to give it another watch.

I never got into Boardwalk Empire. Not cause I didn't like it tho. I was a few episodes in when it came out & put it away for whatever reason and just never went back. Y'all making me want to go back now. I vaguely remember anything. Some dude with no face comes back from the war I think. Nucky's brother is a cop. One dude trying to climb the ladder bought his family a vacuum and is bangin his mom on the low. That's about it.

Watched a doc called "Have You Seen Andy?" on HBO last night. I think it's on Max too. Heavy stuff. It's about an abducted child from MA and his childhood friend who was with him the day of the abduction and her search for the truth. Really wild story.

:rofl: @ Nolan saying ppl are conservative with sound.

Dude be having the loudest scores and the wild inaudible dialogue on purpose but other ppl are conservative :lol:

I like that other directors are saying this. Not just fans. Same thing with Snyder and colors/palates/tints.

tenor.gif

When you said Space Force for some reason I thought that was Avenue 5. Haven't seen Space Force yet but I liked Avenue 5. Gonna wait for a few more Moonbase 8 episodes b4 I watch incase I might binge.
Avenue 5 is similar but really its space sci-fi futuristic thing.

Space Force and Moonbase 8 at least deal with the gov. trying to establish a bigger presence in our orbit and on the moon.

Last edited:
The Pledge with Jack Nicholson any good? From 2001. Scrolled past it, sounded interesting and had never heard of it. Good cast, interesting plot, good reviews, performed poorly at the box office.

The Pledge with Jack Nicholson any good? From 2001. Scrolled past it, sounded interesting and had never heard of it. Good cast, interesting plot, good reviews, performed poorly at the box office.
Saw it way back in the day. I thought it was pretty good. Good mystery drama. Worth the watch. I think it might've been bad at the box office cause it wasn't really one of those big films that most theatres were commanding back then. Now with the internet and endless content I think ppl learned to appreciate smaller films a lot more than we did before.

I thought it was good. Jack’s performance is very solid in a more low key role than some of his others. Has some interesting plot points.

Not the movie to thrown on if you want something light and funny though.

Back
Top Bottom