Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by CP1708

[h1]Rose Byrne Hints at Possible X-Men: First Class Trilogy[/h1]
Earlier this month, actress Rose Byrne opened up about Dr. Moira MacTaggert, the character she portrays in director Matthew Vaughn's upcoming X-Men prequel X-Men: First Class, and revealed that MacTaggert will "works for the CIA" and ends up fighting for mutants and humans to co-exist. In Marvel's X-Men comic books, which form the basis of source material for First Class and the trilogy of X-Men movies that preceded it, MacTaggert is not a mutant, and has never worked for the CIA.

In a conversation with The Playlist, Byrne expanded on her previous comments, and further explained her character's role in the movie.
She's kind of a collaborator. She's James McAvoy's love interest in the film. She's a doctor in the comics and she's a CIA agent [in the film]. She's a real pioneer. It's in the '60s and it's a time when women did not work in the CIA. She's very smart, very ambitious, very forthright and really truly believes that humans and mutants can co-exist and in fact help one another.

Byrne's First Class co-star January Jones has called the shooting schedule "unrealistic," considering that Vaughn only had 13 months to make the prequel and, initially, only two months to complete principal photography. Byrne, however, had no complaints about the schedule, calling it "luxurious".
No, on the contrary, [shooting] films [you] have so much time. I come from TV-land, I come from Damages where you have no time. You have no preparation. You just get the scene the night before and you hope and pray you do a good job. To me, X-Men felt luxurious.

It's a good thing that Byrne approves of the schedule, since she could appear in more First Class movies. In an interview with Cinema Blend, Byrne revealed that the entire cast has been signed for a trilogy.
Technically we all, I think, had to get on for three, but you know sequels. We'll just wait for the first one to come out and see how it all unfolds.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

THIS ISN'T NEW!!!!! I'D LOVE TO KNOW WHY SHE IS "HINTING" AT THIS WHEN IT'S ALREADY BEEN SAID MONTHS AGO THAT X5 AND X6 ARE COMING AND WILL BE IN THE SAME VAIN AS FIRST CLASS.

Sorry just annoying to see this kind of tip toeing, I had news on X5 and X6 on my site a loooong time ago.

Originally Posted by CP1708

[h1]Rose Byrne Hints at Possible X-Men: First Class Trilogy[/h1]
Earlier this month, actress Rose Byrne opened up about Dr. Moira MacTaggert, the character she portrays in director Matthew Vaughn's upcoming X-Men prequel X-Men: First Class, and revealed that MacTaggert will "works for the CIA" and ends up fighting for mutants and humans to co-exist. In Marvel's X-Men comic books, which form the basis of source material for First Class and the trilogy of X-Men movies that preceded it, MacTaggert is not a mutant, and has never worked for the CIA.

In a conversation with The Playlist, Byrne expanded on her previous comments, and further explained her character's role in the movie.
She's kind of a collaborator. She's James McAvoy's love interest in the film. She's a doctor in the comics and she's a CIA agent [in the film]. She's a real pioneer. It's in the '60s and it's a time when women did not work in the CIA. She's very smart, very ambitious, very forthright and really truly believes that humans and mutants can co-exist and in fact help one another.

Byrne's First Class co-star January Jones has called the shooting schedule "unrealistic," considering that Vaughn only had 13 months to make the prequel and, initially, only two months to complete principal photography. Byrne, however, had no complaints about the schedule, calling it "luxurious".
No, on the contrary, [shooting] films [you] have so much time. I come from TV-land, I come from Damages where you have no time. You have no preparation. You just get the scene the night before and you hope and pray you do a good job. To me, X-Men felt luxurious.

It's a good thing that Byrne approves of the schedule, since she could appear in more First Class movies. In an interview with Cinema Blend, Byrne revealed that the entire cast has been signed for a trilogy.
Technically we all, I think, had to get on for three, but you know sequels. We'll just wait for the first one to come out and see how it all unfolds.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

THIS ISN'T NEW!!!!! I'D LOVE TO KNOW WHY SHE IS "HINTING" AT THIS WHEN IT'S ALREADY BEEN SAID MONTHS AGO THAT X5 AND X6 ARE COMING AND WILL BE IN THE SAME VAIN AS FIRST CLASS.

Sorry just annoying to see this kind of tip toeing, I had news on X5 and X6 on my site a loooong time ago.

I know it's not new, I was just putting it in here since we mentioned earlier about it being a possible trilogy.  It's from March or something like that. 

I know it's not new, I was just putting it in here since we mentioned earlier about it being a possible trilogy.  It's from March or something like that. 

@#$% you George Lucas, if you're our only hope

Ches, that clip is wild.  I have no idea why that isn't being done proper on a big screen somewhere.  Much the same as this one.

We need to find out who gets that franchise when George dies.  I gotta know.  I'll kill the bastard myself if it means someone smart takes control. 
laugh.gif

Sorry Kev, with X, Thor, Green Latern, Captain America, and Transformers, it will have a Comic Con feel to it for a bit. 
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif

Tree of Life is out in limited releases, anyone catch it?  Or Beautiful Boy? 
nerd.gif

And Venom, Wolverine 2 is on delay for now.  After they lost their director, and then presumably their city, that hit the backburner QUICK.  It may go forward, but I'm not sure it will be any time soon.  2-3 years I'm guessing.  And Hugh gonna start gettin up there in age pretty soon. 

Ches, that clip is wild.  I have no idea why that isn't being done proper on a big screen somewhere.  Much the same as this one.

We need to find out who gets that franchise when George dies.  I gotta know.  I'll kill the bastard myself if it means someone smart takes control. 
laugh.gif

Sorry Kev, with X, Thor, Green Latern, Captain America, and Transformers, it will have a Comic Con feel to it for a bit. 
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif

Tree of Life is out in limited releases, anyone catch it?  Or Beautiful Boy? 
nerd.gif

And Venom, Wolverine 2 is on delay for now.  After they lost their director, and then presumably their city, that hit the backburner QUICK.  It may go forward, but I'm not sure it will be any time soon.  2-3 years I'm guessing.  And Hugh gonna start gettin up there in age pretty soon. 

Tidbits from /Film

-Steven Spielberg announced to AintItCoolNews that Jaws and Jurassic Park trilogy are currently being prepared for BluRay and may be here by end of 2011.  Spielberg said Jaws will have no digital corrections.

-Harvey Weinstein says although he never makes sequels he would like and still hopes to do Rounders 2.

-Robert Zemeckis to direct "Flight," a drama about a hero pilot. Denzel Washington is expected to sign a deal soon to play the lead.

-Variety reports Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is in talks to play Roadblock in G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes. It is scheduled for release August 10, 2012.

-Jim Carey tells ComingSoon he's "talking about maybe returning to some old characters that everyone has been asking about …There’s Bruce Almighty and we’re talking about maybe another Dumb and Dumber."

-HBO has given the green light to "Parade's End," a World War I-set drama series.

-"American Reunion," the fourth theatrical American Pie sequel, is currently being shot and will be released April 6, 2012. All main characters from the original films return for the gang's ten year reunion.

-"Red Tails," LucasFilm's first non-Star Wars or Indiana Jones film in two decades, will be released in January 2012. The World War II film is about the Tuskegee Airmen. George Lucas has been developing the film for 20 years and it began shooting several years ago.

-Director Craig Brewer has signed on with Warner Brothers to write and direct a new version of Tarzan with the possibility of it being a three-movie storyline.

Tidbits from /Film

-Steven Spielberg announced to AintItCoolNews that Jaws and Jurassic Park trilogy are currently being prepared for BluRay and may be here by end of 2011.  Spielberg said Jaws will have no digital corrections.

-Harvey Weinstein says although he never makes sequels he would like and still hopes to do Rounders 2.

-Robert Zemeckis to direct "Flight," a drama about a hero pilot. Denzel Washington is expected to sign a deal soon to play the lead.

-Variety reports Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is in talks to play Roadblock in G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes. It is scheduled for release August 10, 2012.

-Jim Carey tells ComingSoon he's "talking about maybe returning to some old characters that everyone has been asking about …There’s Bruce Almighty and we’re talking about maybe another Dumb and Dumber."

-HBO has given the green light to "Parade's End," a World War I-set drama series.

-"American Reunion," the fourth theatrical American Pie sequel, is currently being shot and will be released April 6, 2012. All main characters from the original films return for the gang's ten year reunion.

-"Red Tails," LucasFilm's first non-Star Wars or Indiana Jones film in two decades, will be released in January 2012. The World War II film is about the Tuskegee Airmen. George Lucas has been developing the film for 20 years and it began shooting several years ago.

-Director Craig Brewer has signed on with Warner Brothers to write and direct a new version of Tarzan with the possibility of it being a three-movie storyline.

Just watched Hunger
Great film, tremendous performance by Fassbender.

This scene blew me away...

The film is notable for an unbroken 17-minute shot, in which a priest played by Liam Cunningham tries to talk Bobby Sands out of his protest. In it, the camera remains in the same position for the duration of the shot. To prepare for the scene, Cunningham moved into Michael Fassbender's apartment for a time while they practiced the scene at least twelve times a day, sometimes repeating the scene fifteen times in a single day. It is the longest shot in a mainstream film

Just watched Hunger

The film is notable for an unbroken 17-minute shot, in which a priest played by Liam Cunningham tries to talk Bobby Sands out of his protest. In it, the camera remains in the same position for the duration of the shot. To prepare for the scene, Cunningham moved into Michael Fassbender's apartment for a time while they practiced the scene at least twelve times a day, sometimes repeating the scene fifteen times in a single day. It is the longest shot in a mainstream film

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I am excited for A Dangerous Method with Fassbender.
Set on the eve of the Second World War, A Dangerous Method is based on the turbulent relationships between fledgling psychiatrist Carl Jung, his mentor Sigmund Freud, and Sabina Spielrein, the troubled but beautiful young woman who comes between them.
Has anyone seen Eden Lake with him? Great little British horror.

I caught Eden Lake on cable one night.  Good movie, but disturbing -- at least for me.  I always have a hard time with movies that depict seemeing average people being violent just for the sake of being violent. 

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I am excited for A Dangerous Method with Fassbender.
Set on the eve of the Second World War, A Dangerous Method is based on the turbulent relationships between fledgling psychiatrist Carl Jung, his mentor Sigmund Freud, and Sabina Spielrein, the troubled but beautiful young woman who comes between them.
Has anyone seen Eden Lake with him? Great little British horror.

I caught Eden Lake on cable one night.  Good movie, but disturbing -- at least for me.  I always have a hard time with movies that depict seemeing average people being violent just for the sake of being violent. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Just watched Hunger

Had to roll my eyes at that. I was hyped over Hanna, because I read somewhere that there was a long tracking fight scene. I geeked thinking something like Oldboy's was gonna happen.
30t6p3b.gif
Saw it a couple days ago with friends, and we just ended up roasting it. Not a bad movie. A really interesting one in pieces...kinda like Smokin Aces, but more weird and disconnected than anything.
Gonna go to First Class tonight. (latepass) Watched X1&2 yesterday. I might be too hyped for this. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Just watched Hunger

Had to roll my eyes at that. I was hyped over Hanna, because I read somewhere that there was a long tracking fight scene. I geeked thinking something like Oldboy's was gonna happen.
30t6p3b.gif
Saw it a couple days ago with friends, and we just ended up roasting it. Not a bad movie. A really interesting one in pieces...kinda like Smokin Aces, but more weird and disconnected than anything.
Gonna go to First Class tonight. (latepass) Watched X1&2 yesterday. I might be too hyped for this. 
smokin.gif

Fassbender is in 300.......is he the one that laughs and says he hopes that someone down there will offer him a beautiful death? 
nerd.gif

Damn, if it is, I didn't realize that was him til I looked at his IMDB page.  I thought Gerard Butler was the only guy that came out of that movie with a solid career  I had no idea. 

Damnit, I had one final post I was going to make about First Class, but Yuku cornholed me.
I learned when we were going thru hell with Yuku a few months ago, always ctrl+c before hitting post, just in case. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom