Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So you can talk about another movie, but not First Class.

What the hell?
laugh.gif

i caught that too haha

they tried to remake it in the simpsons. which was hilarious and violent. back when mel gibson wasn't a pariah

read the first 80 pages of game of thrones. it's remarkable how well the show nailed it. book is very close to the show just packed with more details. it's awesome

i caught that too haha

they tried to remake it in the simpsons. which was hilarious and violent. back when mel gibson wasn't a pariah

read the first 80 pages of game of thrones. it's remarkable how well the show nailed it. book is very close to the show just packed with more details. it's awesome

laugh.gif
uh, little more in depth on First Class ya know what I mean? Need more space to type and what not. No real need with a 1939 classic.

laugh.gif
uh, little more in depth on First Class ya know what I mean? Need more space to type and what not. No real need with a 1939 classic.

Spoilers for X-Men..

Spoiler [+]
Anyone else notice that a snippet of one of the songs sounded exactly like the Cartoon theme?
nerd.gif

Spoilers for X-Men..

Spoiler [+]
Anyone else notice that a snippet of one of the songs sounded exactly like the Cartoon theme?
nerd.gif

Yooooooo CP we're diving into this on Monday full force...

First Class...
pimp.gif
Marvel's best movie yet... Best X-Men movie to date by ten thousand miles.

Yooooooo CP we're diving into this on Monday full force...

First Class...
pimp.gif
Marvel's best movie yet... Best X-Men movie to date by ten thousand miles.

Glad you loved it Dirk.
pimp.gif

I'll post up what I thought on Thursday, but in short, the character development and edginess of this movie surpasses anything Marvel has ever done.

Glad you loved it Dirk.
pimp.gif

I'll post up what I thought on Thursday, but in short, the character development and edginess of this movie surpasses anything Marvel has ever done.

I don't know, Wolverine has been pretty well developed by the series.

Charles and Magneto without a doubt in First Class got their development... Mystique and Beast certainly had their own story and focus, but the rest didn't really get touched on at all. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but the focus was certainly on Magneto and Charles rather than the overall group of mutants, which isn't a bad thing since they're the most interesting characters at this point. But this can be looked at as following the Batman Begins set-up, the first introduces the origins and establishes characters, and in the second they can really hit the heavy stuff.

I don't know, Wolverine has been pretty well developed by the series.

Charles and Magneto without a doubt in First Class got their development... Mystique and Beast certainly had their own story and focus, but the rest didn't really get touched on at all. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but the focus was certainly on Magneto and Charles rather than the overall group of mutants, which isn't a bad thing since they're the most interesting characters at this point. But this can be looked at as following the Batman Begins set-up, the first introduces the origins and establishes characters, and in the second they can really hit the heavy stuff.

I meant the character development of Charles and Erik of course.

Wolverine has had three movies to develop his story, and it still doesn't touch what they did in First Class IMO.

I meant the character development of Charles and Erik of course.

Wolverine has had three movies to develop his story, and it still doesn't touch what they did in First Class IMO.

I think the performances by Fassbender in one movie surpassed everything Jackman did as Wolverine... which isn't a slight on him rather extreme praise for Fassbender's work as Magneto.

I can't imagine/wait to see what they pursue for the second one, assuming there will be a sequel (which they've said they plan on but the opening box office is going to be underwhelming in the mid 50 million range, but still).

It will be interesting because they won't rely on a historical subject like they did for this one, I'm assuming of course, but be able to really focus on the X-Men and the further development of Charles and Erik.

I think the performances by Fassbender in one movie surpassed everything Jackman did as Wolverine... which isn't a slight on him rather extreme praise for Fassbender's work as Magneto.

I can't imagine/wait to see what they pursue for the second one, assuming there will be a sequel (which they've said they plan on but the opening box office is going to be underwhelming in the mid 50 million range, but still).

It will be interesting because they won't rely on a historical subject like they did for this one, I'm assuming of course, but be able to really focus on the X-Men and the further development of Charles and Erik.

I know everyone is very excited about First Class, but no way it was better than X2. As good as Fassbender performed, the overall story was pretty weak. Like I mentioned in the other thread, they should have really focused on a few mutants and taken away the arc involving the Cuban missile crisis. Havoc, Banshee, Angel, Azazel, Darwin and Riptide were useless and just seemed so obvious as fillers for the second act and fight scene at the climax.
Also, just started updating my tumblr. It's not as nice as Venom's, but if any of you are interested in following the progress on my screenplay, feel free to "follow me."

I know everyone is very excited about First Class, but no way it was better than X2. As good as Fassbender performed, the overall story was pretty weak. Like I mentioned in the other thread, they should have really focused on a few mutants and taken away the arc involving the Cuban missile crisis. Havoc, Banshee, Angel, Azazel, Darwin and Riptide were useless and just seemed so obvious as fillers for the second act and fight scene at the climax.
Also, just started updating my tumblr. It's not as nice as Venom's, but if any of you are interested in following the progress on my screenplay, feel free to "follow me."

Son of a *#@+@... I had a long First Class reply typed out and Yuku kicked me offline somewhere in the middle of typing it and lost it.

!*#@ !*#@ !*#@ !*#@ !*#@

Son of a *#@+@... I had a long First Class reply typed out and Yuku kicked me offline somewhere in the middle of typing it and lost it.

!*#@ !*#@ !*#@ !*#@ !*#@

Back
Top Bottom