Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Why is Mary Louise-Parker so hot, to me.
It all started with Angels in America.
She came out full frontal nudity and had the massive bush.
Also Nancy Botwin. She was such a little minx.
Used to wear those sexy lace knickers with her perky little chi-chi’s out damn near every episode.
That little White Trash vibe, cowboy boots jean shorts skirt and full button up Polo with the fronts tied in a knot.
nice little slim frame.
She was extremely hot as Chucks Campaign Manager, had that Super Country twang.
I remember when she sat down in the Couch and started drilling Chuck for the first time and she takes her heels off revealing her feet, man’s almost bust right in his pants!😂😂😂

Looks like the Christmas day releases have good reviews:
1 Night in Miami
Soul
WW84
Damn, checked Amazon and 1 Night in Miami said coming soon, could've sworn the advertised date was today. Either way WW84 was entertaining, turn your mind off blockbuster, lots of plotholes but nothing you wouldn't expect.

Soul, though, damn. Deep, emotional, and the black elements were done with care. Fantastic man. Also Jamie Foxx and Tina Fey were so good you didn't even think of them, just the characters. Everyone really.

WW84

Movie started off cool. At first I thought I was getting start of MoS vibes but I liked the execution. Claire Underwood bae was wrong though, you're not winning if you're not cheating Diana :lol:

That action piece in the mall was whack but I kinda chalked it up to the 80s. The movements of Diana with the lasso and swinging just seemed so unrealistic. The charisma was forced. Fight scenes were much better in the first WW and that aint saying much but at least I believed she was strong and fast.

Damn I thought it'd be simple but Trevor out here body snatching.

Wow the **** @ Lord's first and only wish is to become the stone :lol: That's wild. I liked how his wish granting ability turned in to a Twilight Zone power, self-improvement of Salvatore Ross :pimp:

If there was still a strong connection and shared universe the Khandaq set up was dope.

This movie tried hard to make Kristen Wiig super sexy as if she was some world class model. Also didn't help that I don't feel like that Gal either. A lot of female empowerment stuff reminded me of Captain Marvel and what ppl complained about there.

Those kids didn't need any saving man :lol: Lord would've had the car drive around them. They went crazy extra for that :rofl:

I liked Lord as a character and villain for the most part. Mans so drunk power he don't even trade for health granting all these wishes :lol: the father/son angle.

Wiig brought some brutality and physicality somehow with that fight. Beat the **** out of Gal. They failed making her a cat lady. She looks like an alien in the face.

:lol: @ how she learned to fly. Slow learner after 70 years. Also what was up with Patty trying to make Wonder Woman Spider-Man? She swinging on that lasso everywhere. The whole 3rd act fight got weird in that fight. Swinging on electricity lines like they were trying to be Spidey vs. Venom but came off more like a cirque du soleil act.

Then the end got a bit out of hand but w/e.

****ing terrorists renouncing their wishes? C'mon :lol: :rofl: Like think of all the evil ppl that made a wish.

Like yall said the movie was cool/okay. 4.5/8

It's a good thing Patty is directing some SW movie I'm not that interested in.

Last edited:
Watched Erin Brockovich for the first time tonight. Excellent. 20 year old movie that holds up nicely. I gave A Civil Action a go recently and it didn't hold up as well. Always been a fan of the standing up to corruption in court formula. Dark Waters, Spotlight, Philadelphia, etc.

Julia Roberts :evil: She actually won a best actress Oscar for her lead.

WW84 4/8 - I didn't hate it. But there's a lot of corny stuff going on. The intro is weird is. The plot is bad. Glad I didn't pay for it.

Sound of Metal 6.8/8

Oh man a deep dive in to how traumatizing and how much it sucks to be deaf. Especially if you were a musician.

Riz was great.

What really got to me was their overall decision making to mess with the audio to mimic the experience of being deaf. We've seen it at times in shows and movies like after a bomb goes off but this was different. That dull incoherent muffled sound while ppl talk, that deafening pure silence was painful.

I had a perforated ear drum once and I couldn't take that at all and it kept me from sleeping. I'd be in bed crying if I went deaf like this.

Olivia Cooke was very good as well. Thought this movie would be a sole focus but the gf element was a good addition to the story.

The story getting in to the deaf community; deaf schools and a deaf sober house was new to me and heart warming.

After his surgery, made me see ppl with those implants differently. Never being able to hear exactly the same again is like a cruel tease.

b8f7704028802544d5cc45e2d4eee993.gif

I was about to write off WW84 about 30mins in. The life of Diana Prince is a snooze fest and the movie drags along. Diana and Steve pretty much switch places....without the same charm and innocence. But thankfully, the new additions of Pedro Pascal and Kristen Wig, made it somewhat more interesting.

I do wish we had more time with the actual Cheetah though...instead of scorned, nerdy, middle aged woman, who discovers make up and sexy clothes. (It didn't help that Kristen Wig was still attractive even as the marginalized woman.)

As for Pedro's role as a televangelist...great actor ...goofy character....... (I'm not too familiar with the comicbook counterpart.)

This movie felt like a Saturday morning cartoon. Is that necessarily a bad thing ? Not really. I enjoyed it for what it was. Aside from the goofiness, the heartfelt messaging, is still as warm as the first film.

Ww84 has its moments. Some cool fight scenes and effects.
A bit too long for my taste
It was ok overall and was worth the watch. Not bad, not great.

Midnight Run - 7/8

Still holds up on account of De Niro’s charisma as well as his banter with Grodin, despite some of the cheesy late-80s car chase nonsense. Dennis Farina is one of the best bad guys of any decade... when he told Grodin he’s sure of two things: he dies tonight, then his wife dies later tonight.... :smokin

SERRANO’S GOT THE DISCS! SERRANO’S GOT THE DISCS!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom