Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Did you guys know that Heat was a remake of something Mann did a few years earlier? -

5ECB0301-EB27-49A4-ABF1-F0A7623797FA.png

Heat’s a more fleshed out version with much better actors.

The original Die Hard is really well written. The fake-terrorist-but-really-thieves plot is pretty brilliant.

* Except for “shoot the glass!” That still doesn’t make any sense :lol:

Over the past couple days

The Town
Argo (I watch it every NYE)

Ben Affleck made two great movies within 2 years.

also revisitied New Jersey Drive today. Has it's flaws but I always thought it was a solid 90's flick. Nick Gomez's sophomore effort, another Boston product. He directed some Oz and Sopranos episodes. You see some Sopranos regs in New Jersey Drive.

calibeebee calibeebee I'm adding The Way Back to that list. Flew under the radar because it released right as COVID hit. Another winner for Ben, this time in front of the camera.

Also, Class Action Park, At the Heart of Gold and Athlete A if we're including docs.

Last edited:
Looking back, I didn’t really watch or enjoy many 2020 releases this year. I guess I mostly took the time to catch up on past stuff I’ve missed. Anyway my top of the year are

Favorite
5. Palm Springs
4. Justice league dark: apokolips war
3. I’m thinking of ending things
2. Happiest Season
1. Sound of Metal

worst
5. New mutants
4.tenet
3.the hunt
2. Ww84
1.Desperados

I’m probably missing some but these are what I have in my Letterboxd. What are yours?

The VIKING series wrap is looking like it’s being done right.
3 eps in to pt2 of the last Season, and it’s very very very good.
King Finehair, I actually like him this Season.
Taking that *** whipping by the RUS and Boneless gave him a little act right.
Finale going to be lit, and the fact it’s released all at once on PRIME instead of week to week on HISTORY, flames 🔥

Yes. The ridiculous part is that he had to say it in English to non-English speakers to get them to understand.
So my take on that: he said shoot the glass to the henchman. Henchman looked confused, so Hans being the impatient smart man he was, patronized the henchman by saying the same thing but in a different language. The way he says it, with such explicit pronunciation and annoyance, makes me think he couldn't believe he had to repeat himself. So he did in a way that was to make the henchman either feel dumb, or understand he's telling, not asking.

Watched a weird doc on Amazon called "Wasted Talent" about Lillo Brancato and his rise from Yonkers to doing a Bronx Tale to addiction and prison.

He's Colombian but was adopted by Italian parents. Never knew that and thought it was interesting. Like finding out Sonny Corleone is really Jewish :lol:

All this karate kid talk. Had to watch it this morning. I can’t believe there are people who have never seen the OG. Schools should be required to show it for their curriculum. Federal mandate or some **** :lol:

Back
Top Bottom