Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Been catching Schitt's Creek eps on and off, I like it. I think it's a bit overhyped but that's natural in a down year. I like how the Rose's all ****ty people but good people at the same time, funny scenarios. Alexis and Joselyn are my favorites :lol:
I think it's entirely overrated. Like, most Emmy wins ever? Nah son. But, it's a good show and I did enjoy it a lot when the gf was binging it. Every episode had good laughs. David and Alexis' dynamic is hilarious. Also, one insight I read that made me appreciate the show even more, nobody in the show is naturally bad, or evil, or trying to create conflict. The writers did a great job making almost everyone positive and likeable, even with their flaws.

Knives Out was incredibly underwhelming to me, especially after all the high praise it got.

Agreed, I thought it had some good laughs and nice performances but overall it didn’t do much for me. Also I thought it was way pretty easy to figure out who the murderer was.

As for the critical acclaim it got and this applies to most of Rian Johnson’s films, it helps that he’s been in a long term relationship with a well liked critic. Brick is only real good film imo.

Agreed, I thought it had some good laughs and nice performances but overall it didn’t do much for me. Also I thought it was way pretty easy to figure out who the murderer was.

As for the critical acclaim it got and this applies to most of Rian Johnson’s films, it helps that he’s been in a long term relationship with a well liked critic. Brick is only real good film imo.

Looper was cool but yeah I'm not a big Rian guy either

Been catching Schitt's Creek eps on and off, I like it. I think it's a bit overhyped but that's natural in a down year. I like how the Rose's all ****ty people but good people at the same time, funny scenarios. Alexis and Joselyn are my favorites :lol:
I left off towards the end of season 4 like a year ago. It started to fall off and get a little boring for me. First few seasons were good tho. I kinna want to just finish to see if the last season was anywhere near as good as the hype.

It's definitely not worth the hype, good show nonetheless. Their relationship with the town get better but I think it's pretty constant throughout.

Knives Out was incredibly underwhelming to me, especially after all the high praise it got.

Was pretty underwhelmed too. But TBH I think it was just because of the old school whodunit mystery genre/style I've never really been exposed to so a lot of the satire and humor maybe went over my head.

I think it's entirely overrated. Like, most Emmy wins ever? Nah son. But, it's a good show and I did enjoy it a lot when the gf was binging it. Every episode had good laughs. David and Alexis' dynamic is hilarious. Also, one insight I read that made me appreciate the show even more, nobody in the show is naturally bad, or evil, or trying to create conflict. The writers did a great job making almost everyone positive and likeable, even with their flaws.
Yeah the behind the scenes actually makes me appreciate it more, like knowing some of the cast couldn't even find a job before this.

Just finished watching it...

I wholeheartedly disagree. Love the build up and pay off. "****." :rofl:
As a murder mystery it is no better than The Orient Express. It was just modern and more plugged in to the zeitgeist.
It was not a good movie! Story was bad.

Rian looking real funny in the light to me and I liked

Forgot he made Brick.

Oh so Rian got an in with the enemy. Greasing the cheeks of the other side to get positive reactions.

I gotta give him a few more movies but he's leaning towards the type of director who what his stories are about are not to my liking AT ALL. Some of the stuff he goes for I'm just not in to and don't even entirely get why they become popular.

Currently

96A5E12A-556F-4203-96B9-0F54133D5704.jpeg

Last edited:
Obvious circumstances have thrown the entire film industry upside down, but can we talk about how this really will go down as the worst year for film in the history of movies?

These are the top movies of 2020.......
BFC0F5D8-D497-4B6A-950A-7608935D593B.jpeg

-Never Rarely Sometimes Always
-I’m Thinking of Ending Things
-The Trial of the Chicago 7
-The Devil All the Time
-One Night in Miami
-Pieces of a Woman
-Bad Education
-The Assistant
-The Father
-Mank
-SOUL
-The Sound of Metal
-Lovers Rock
-Another Round
-Tenet
-Nomadland
-Ma Rainey’s Blackbottom
-First Cow
-Da 5 Bloods
-Mangrove

Obvious circumstances have thrown the entire film industry upside down, but can we talk about how this really will go down as the worst year for film in the history of movies?

These are the top movies of 2020.......
BFC0F5D8-D497-4B6A-950A-7608935D593B.jpeg

-Never Rarely Sometimes Always
-I’m Thinking of Ending Things
-The Trial of the Chicago 7
-The Devil All the Time
-One Night in Miami
-Pieces of a Woman
-Bad Education
-The Assistant
-The Father
-Mank
-SOUL
-The Sound of Metal
-Lovers Rock
-Another Round
-Tenet
-Nomadland
-Ma Rainey’s Blackbottom
-First Cow
-Da 5 Bloods
-Mangrove

Especially in a down year, The Invisible Man should be on there. Great thriller and performance by Moss.

Back
Top Bottom