Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

eek.gif
AD party?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Its as close to perfect as a comedy can get.

Its on Netflix Instant too
Which I don't have....nor need without a computer at home.  (save it, I know, I know)

So I'm cleaning up some spreadsheets, and stumbled on some stuff that sort of startled me, money wise.  Chalk it all up as useless info.  

Currently, there are 487 films that have grossed 100 mill in the US.  100 mil used to be the standard you reached for, now it appears that number is 200 mil, since there are 112 of those.  3 of them opened within the last 60 days. 

Comic book movies, have totalled about 6 Billion dollars in business.  That among roughly 35 movies or so.  I didn't count ones like MIB, or Hancock, just regular comic type movies.  6 Bill, and we have like 4-5 elite level ones coming in the next year and half. 
eek.gif

The Bond franchise clocks in at 1.5 Billion for it's first 22 films.  Oddly, each of the last 6 films have earned more than the previous, which makes no damn sense because the last 3 that Brosnan did after Goldeneye sucked a lotta balls.  Craig's films are the highest grossing, and Bond 23 should continue the trend. 

Leo > Bond.  Leo only been doin movies for 20 years, but he checks in with about 1.7 bill brought in while Bond been around 50 years. 
laugh.gif

Of course, nobody can even sniff what Harrison Ford is workin with, neighborhood of about 4.5 Billion from his movies. 
pimp.gif

Another week or two and the Fast and Furious franchise will clear 700 million with 5 movies, and NOBODY would ever think that number was comin.  6 is a guarantee, they have a shot at clearing a billion dollars.......with Vin Diesel and Paul Walker.  I shoulda went into acting. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
  I coulda make out with Jordana and have stuntmen do my work for me while I sit there lookin pretty on screen.  Or I could wear a shirt with no sleeves and growl alot.  And I'm taller than Vin too. 
laugh.gif

Ok, I'm done.  Sorry for the interruption. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Its as close to perfect as a comedy can get.

Its on Netflix Instant too
Which I don't have....nor need without a computer at home.  (save it, I know, I know)

So I'm cleaning up some spreadsheets, and stumbled on some stuff that sort of startled me, money wise.  Chalk it all up as useless info.  

Currently, there are 487 films that have grossed 100 mill in the US.  100 mil used to be the standard you reached for, now it appears that number is 200 mil, since there are 112 of those.  3 of them opened within the last 60 days. 

Comic book movies, have totalled about 6 Billion dollars in business.  That among roughly 35 movies or so.  I didn't count ones like MIB, or Hancock, just regular comic type movies.  6 Bill, and we have like 4-5 elite level ones coming in the next year and half. 
eek.gif

The Bond franchise clocks in at 1.5 Billion for it's first 22 films.  Oddly, each of the last 6 films have earned more than the previous, which makes no damn sense because the last 3 that Brosnan did after Goldeneye sucked a lotta balls.  Craig's films are the highest grossing, and Bond 23 should continue the trend. 

Leo > Bond.  Leo only been doin movies for 20 years, but he checks in with about 1.7 bill brought in while Bond been around 50 years. 
laugh.gif

Of course, nobody can even sniff what Harrison Ford is workin with, neighborhood of about 4.5 Billion from his movies. 
pimp.gif

Another week or two and the Fast and Furious franchise will clear 700 million with 5 movies, and NOBODY would ever think that number was comin.  6 is a guarantee, they have a shot at clearing a billion dollars.......with Vin Diesel and Paul Walker.  I shoulda went into acting. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
  I coulda make out with Jordana and have stuntmen do my work for me while I sit there lookin pretty on screen.  Or I could wear a shirt with no sleeves and growl alot.  And I'm taller than Vin too. 
laugh.gif

Ok, I'm done.  Sorry for the interruption. 

Ghost_dog_04.jpg

sorry to break up the arrested development party but i'm watching this right now. movie is great. when it first came out i didn't really like it. i think it was too slow fo rme i wa slike 12. but i'm watching now and i am really enjoying it

Ghost_dog_04.jpg

sorry to break up the arrested development party but i'm watching this right now. movie is great. when it first came out i didn't really like it. i think it was too slow fo rme i wa slike 12. but i'm watching now and i am really enjoying it

Speaking of Bond...

They've been talking about the next villain being a recurring character, rather than a one-movie touch and go... What about Fassbender opposite Daniel Craig?

Speaking of Bond...

They've been talking about the next villain being a recurring character, rather than a one-movie touch and go... What about Fassbender opposite Daniel Craig?

Where you see that at? 

I would be fine with trying that honestly.  We've already seen 20 + different stories, I was very please with the last 2 basically being the next day or whatever.  I thought it was a great update.  Before MGM started having money trouble, they were going to have Rachel Weisz play the MAIN bad guy, which supposedly would be the first main villain girl in the Bond series.  That would have been awesome imo.  But then they put the movie on hold, Craig started tapping Rachel  (
pimp.gif
) and they actually went to another film together. 

When they came back to work on Bond, Javier Bardem was being talked to for the villian, but they lost him to something else. 

They basically are having a hard time getting their villian. 
laugh.gif
  Maybe having one sign on for multiple movies is the way to go. 

But I like your suggestion.  Fass is certainly a rising star and work will be getting thrown at him left and right.  The timing is right in that he won't be needed for X-Men til later next year, shoot Bond late this year and early next year, should be good to go.  I hope it happens. 

Where you see that at? 

I would be fine with trying that honestly.  We've already seen 20 + different stories, I was very please with the last 2 basically being the next day or whatever.  I thought it was a great update.  Before MGM started having money trouble, they were going to have Rachel Weisz play the MAIN bad guy, which supposedly would be the first main villain girl in the Bond series.  That would have been awesome imo.  But then they put the movie on hold, Craig started tapping Rachel  (
pimp.gif
) and they actually went to another film together. 

When they came back to work on Bond, Javier Bardem was being talked to for the villian, but they lost him to something else. 

They basically are having a hard time getting their villian. 
laugh.gif
  Maybe having one sign on for multiple movies is the way to go. 

But I like your suggestion.  Fass is certainly a rising star and work will be getting thrown at him left and right.  The timing is right in that he won't be needed for X-Men til later next year, shoot Bond late this year and early next year, should be good to go.  I hope it happens. 

Bardem is gonna be wrapped up for awhile if the Dark Tower stuff goes through... Ain't gonna be any time for him to do much of anything else with everything they want to do in that project...

And man, they've been everywhere from Kevin Spacey, to Weisz, to Bardem, to Ralph Fiennes (another one I like), to Anthony Hopkins... No telling where they land...

I just think Fassbender looks like a guy that fits that series, maybe even as Bond, unless Craig's contract is extended (you would think it certainly will be) 23 is his last go at it.

Bardem is gonna be wrapped up for awhile if the Dark Tower stuff goes through... Ain't gonna be any time for him to do much of anything else with everything they want to do in that project...

And man, they've been everywhere from Kevin Spacey, to Weisz, to Bardem, to Ralph Fiennes (another one I like), to Anthony Hopkins... No telling where they land...

I just think Fassbender looks like a guy that fits that series, maybe even as Bond, unless Craig's contract is extended (you would think it certainly will be) 23 is his last go at it.

What's funny about the Bond casting was at first Dalton turned it down, only to do it like a decade later. 

When Dalton finally signed on, they have been trying to get Brosnan, and he turned it down, only to take it a decade later. 

I read somewhere that when they signed Craig, someone else almost got the part, and that person was none other than Tom Hardy.  They were both in Layer Cake (excellent movie) together. 

Casting for Bond movies always seems to come full circle. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What's funny about the Bond casting was at first Dalton turned it down, only to do it like a decade later. 

When Dalton finally signed on, they have been trying to get Brosnan, and he turned it down, only to take it a decade later. 

I read somewhere that when they signed Craig, someone else almost got the part, and that person was none other than Tom Hardy.  They were both in Layer Cake (excellent movie) together. 

Casting for Bond movies always seems to come full circle. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

indifferent.gif
Wrote brick wall on box office...yuku ate it...I ain't typing that again.
30t6p3b.gif
ohwell.gif
No, come on you gotta do it.  Type it out man.  You gotta ctrl C everything man.  I been tellin you guys.  It saves me all the time. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

indifferent.gif
Wrote brick wall on box office...yuku ate it...I ain't typing that again.
30t6p3b.gif
ohwell.gif
No, come on you gotta do it.  Type it out man.  You gotta ctrl C everything man.  I been tellin you guys.  It saves me all the time. 
laugh.gif

i started using chrome and even when i get yuked and press back the wall of text is there. that wasn't working when i was using explorer or firefox.

i started using chrome and even when i get yuked and press back the wall of text is there. that wasn't working when i was using explorer or firefox.

laugh.gif
You gotta tell me I'm gonna fail a class to type all of that again. It's like...I couldn't get really the idea across w.o typing it all again, and I ain't. Basically, I'm mad Scott Pilgrim, Kick-$%* and Watchmen ruined the fun for everyone. Don't take BO too serious, but I get it when things fail. People want comfort food, something familiar, and those rare other times, are when the stars line up. But the internet's democratic now. People will find what they love somehow, and the receipts can't really stop that.

30t6p3b.gif
I wrote so damn much, so many examples off the dome too.
laugh.gif
Dammit yuku.

laugh.gif
You gotta tell me I'm gonna fail a class to type all of that again. It's like...I couldn't get really the idea across w.o typing it all again, and I ain't. Basically, I'm mad Scott Pilgrim, Kick-$%* and Watchmen ruined the fun for everyone. Don't take BO too serious, but I get it when things fail. People want comfort food, something familiar, and those rare other times, are when the stars line up. But the internet's democratic now. People will find what they love somehow, and the receipts can't really stop that.

30t6p3b.gif
I wrote so damn much, so many examples off the dome too.
laugh.gif
Dammit yuku.

Back
Top Bottom