Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by DubA169

i started using chrome and even when i get yuked and press back the wall of text is there. that wasn't working when i was using explorer or firefox.

30t6p3b.gif
I always use chrome, but firefox has this download video ext. that chrome doesn't, so I was using it to rip some music videos off youtube and figured...lemme check NT.
ohwell.gif

i started using chrome and even when i get yuked and press back the wall of text is there. that wasn't working when i was using explorer or firefox.

30t6p3b.gif
I always use chrome, but firefox has this download video ext. that chrome doesn't, so I was using it to rip some music videos off youtube and figured...lemme check NT.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

laugh.gif
You gotta tell me I'm gonna fail a class to type all of that again. It's like...I couldn't get really the idea across w.o typing it all again, and I ain't. Basically, I'm mad Scott Pilgrim, Kick-$%* and Watchmen ruined the fun for everyone. Don't take BO too serious, but I get it when things fail. People want comfort food, something familiar, and those rare other times, are when the stars line up. But the internet's democratic now. People will find what they love somehow, and the receipts can't really stop that.

30t6p3b.gif
I wrote so damn much, so many examples off the dome too.
laugh.gif
Dammit yuku.

laugh.gif
 Well then drop that stuff in after class.  I wanted to see where you were headed with that. 

I know the dollars have changed especially since it's costs like $60 bucks for a family of 3 to go to the movies nowadays, but in the age of people being able to watch new releases from home
nerd.gif
 the fact that movies still get to 250 mil or whatever is still impressive, 13 dollar ticket be damned. 
laugh.gif

If not for pirating, I have no idea what movie grosses would look like, but it would be insane. 

Originally Posted by MrONegative

laugh.gif
You gotta tell me I'm gonna fail a class to type all of that again. It's like...I couldn't get really the idea across w.o typing it all again, and I ain't. Basically, I'm mad Scott Pilgrim, Kick-$%* and Watchmen ruined the fun for everyone. Don't take BO too serious, but I get it when things fail. People want comfort food, something familiar, and those rare other times, are when the stars line up. But the internet's democratic now. People will find what they love somehow, and the receipts can't really stop that.

30t6p3b.gif
I wrote so damn much, so many examples off the dome too.
laugh.gif
Dammit yuku.

laugh.gif
 Well then drop that stuff in after class.  I wanted to see where you were headed with that. 

I know the dollars have changed especially since it's costs like $60 bucks for a family of 3 to go to the movies nowadays, but in the age of people being able to watch new releases from home
nerd.gif
 the fact that movies still get to 250 mil or whatever is still impressive, 13 dollar ticket be damned. 
laugh.gif

If not for pirating, I have no idea what movie grosses would look like, but it would be insane. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Its as close to perfect as a comedy can get.

Its on Netflix Instant too
Which I don't have....nor need without a computer at home.  (save it, I know, I know)

So I'm cleaning up some spreadsheets, and stumbled on some stuff that sort of startled me, money wise.  Chalk it all up as useless info.  

Currently, there are 487 films that have grossed 100 mill in the US.  100 mil used to be the standard you reached for, now it appears that number is 200 mil, since there are 112 of those.  3 of them opened within the last 60 days. 

Comic book movies, have totalled about 6 Billion dollars in business.  That among roughly 35 movies or so.  I didn't count ones like MIB, or Hancock, just regular comic type movies.  6 Bill, and we have like 4-5 elite level ones coming in the next year and half. 
eek.gif

The Bond franchise clocks in at 1.5 Billion for it's first 22 films.  Oddly, each of the last 6 films have earned more than the previous, which makes no damn sense because the last 3 that Brosnan did after Goldeneye sucked a lotta balls.  Craig's films are the highest grossing, and Bond 23 should continue the trend. 

Leo > Bond.  Leo only been doin movies for 20 years, but he checks in with about 1.7 bill brought in while Bond been around 50 years. 
laugh.gif

Of course, nobody can even sniff what Harrison Ford is workin with, neighborhood of about 4.5 Billion from his movies. 
pimp.gif

Another week or two and the Fast and Furious franchise will clear 700 million with 5 movies, and NOBODY would ever think that number was comin.  6 is a guarantee, they have a shot at clearing a billion dollars.......with Vin Diesel and Paul Walker.  I shoulda went into acting. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
  I coulda make out with Jordana and have stuntmen do my work for me while I sit there lookin pretty on screen.  Or I could wear a shirt with no sleeves and growl alot.  And I'm taller than Vin too. 
laugh.gif

Ok, I'm done.  Sorry for the interruption. 

Yeah but those numbers aren't nearly as impressive with the inflated ticket prices.

And Dub if you liked Ghost Dog, you have to see Branded to Kill. Crazy movie with the inspiration for the sink-killing scene.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Its as close to perfect as a comedy can get.

Its on Netflix Instant too
Which I don't have....nor need without a computer at home.  (save it, I know, I know)

So I'm cleaning up some spreadsheets, and stumbled on some stuff that sort of startled me, money wise.  Chalk it all up as useless info.  

Currently, there are 487 films that have grossed 100 mill in the US.  100 mil used to be the standard you reached for, now it appears that number is 200 mil, since there are 112 of those.  3 of them opened within the last 60 days. 

Comic book movies, have totalled about 6 Billion dollars in business.  That among roughly 35 movies or so.  I didn't count ones like MIB, or Hancock, just regular comic type movies.  6 Bill, and we have like 4-5 elite level ones coming in the next year and half. 
eek.gif

The Bond franchise clocks in at 1.5 Billion for it's first 22 films.  Oddly, each of the last 6 films have earned more than the previous, which makes no damn sense because the last 3 that Brosnan did after Goldeneye sucked a lotta balls.  Craig's films are the highest grossing, and Bond 23 should continue the trend. 

Leo > Bond.  Leo only been doin movies for 20 years, but he checks in with about 1.7 bill brought in while Bond been around 50 years. 
laugh.gif

Of course, nobody can even sniff what Harrison Ford is workin with, neighborhood of about 4.5 Billion from his movies. 
pimp.gif

Another week or two and the Fast and Furious franchise will clear 700 million with 5 movies, and NOBODY would ever think that number was comin.  6 is a guarantee, they have a shot at clearing a billion dollars.......with Vin Diesel and Paul Walker.  I shoulda went into acting. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
  I coulda make out with Jordana and have stuntmen do my work for me while I sit there lookin pretty on screen.  Or I could wear a shirt with no sleeves and growl alot.  And I'm taller than Vin too. 
laugh.gif

Ok, I'm done.  Sorry for the interruption. 

Yeah but those numbers aren't nearly as impressive with the inflated ticket prices.

And Dub if you liked Ghost Dog, you have to see Branded to Kill. Crazy movie with the inspiration for the sink-killing scene.

Ghost_dog_04.jpg

sorry to break up the arrested development party but i'm watching this right now. movie is great. when it first came out i didn't really like it. i think it was too slow fo rme i wa slike 12. but i'm watching now and i am really enjoying it
Just programmed this on my DVR before, looking forward to it since I haven't dabbled in Jarmusch yet.

Ghost_dog_04.jpg

sorry to break up the arrested development party but i'm watching this right now. movie is great. when it first came out i didn't really like it. i think it was too slow fo rme i wa slike 12. but i'm watching now and i am really enjoying it
Just programmed this on my DVR before, looking forward to it since I haven't dabbled in Jarmusch yet.

Only The Adjustment Bureau, Kill the Irishman, Scream 4 and Bridesmaids for me so far.

My hopes rest heavily on The Tree of Life, Contagion and The Rum Diary (and On the Road if it comes out) for the entire year.

Has anyone seen Hesher or Beautiful Boy yet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_and_beyond_in_film

Zero of those really excite me to the point where I am counting the days until it releases. Hell, there are only three or four that I have any desire to see.

If no one is going to make the movies I want to see, I might just have to do it myself.

Only The Adjustment Bureau, Kill the Irishman, Scream 4 and Bridesmaids for me so far.

My hopes rest heavily on The Tree of Life, Contagion and The Rum Diary (and On the Road if it comes out) for the entire year.

Has anyone seen Hesher or Beautiful Boy yet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_and_beyond_in_film

Zero of those really excite me to the point where I am counting the days until it releases. Hell, there are only three or four that I have any desire to see.

If no one is going to make the movies I want to see, I might just have to do it myself.

Kev, I don't believe you spoke on Scream 4 yet......why is that?  I take it you didn't like it?  Big J and I went back and forth for a while on what we wish woulda happened, we coulda really made that set up Scream 5 and beyond. 

I've got your list down though, so far you, me, Dirk, and JPZ are listed. 

That link is great, lotta stuff in there, but no idea about most of those.  I didn't know there was gonna be 2 Hobbits. 
eek.gif

Johnny, you have mentioned doing a script, are you currently working on it?  Illmatic too, what are you working on?  I think Kev just volunteered to direct for either of you. 
laugh.gif

Kev, I don't believe you spoke on Scream 4 yet......why is that?  I take it you didn't like it?  Big J and I went back and forth for a while on what we wish woulda happened, we coulda really made that set up Scream 5 and beyond. 

I've got your list down though, so far you, me, Dirk, and JPZ are listed. 

That link is great, lotta stuff in there, but no idea about most of those.  I didn't know there was gonna be 2 Hobbits. 
eek.gif

Johnny, you have mentioned doing a script, are you currently working on it?  Illmatic too, what are you working on?  I think Kev just volunteered to direct for either of you. 
laugh.gif

Things I saw before the Rapture

Monsters

The Green Hornet

The Mechanic

The Eagle

Cedar Rapids

I Am Numb...
30t6p3b.gif

Unknown

Drive Angry

The Adjustment Bureau

Battle: LA

Limitless

The Lincoln Lawyer

Paul

Hobo With A Shotgun
smokin.gif

Source Code

Hanna

Your Highness

Scream 4

Fast Five
smokin.gif

Stake Land

X-Men: First Class

Game of Thrones
nerd.gif
smokin.gif

I've got and gotta get in the mood for...

I Saw The Devil

13 Assassins

Shaolin

Biutiful

The Company Men

Insidious

Super

Win Win

White Lion

Passion Play
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I'm slacking hard
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Oh and

Things I saw before the Rapture

Monsters

The Green Hornet

The Mechanic

The Eagle

Cedar Rapids

I Am Numb...
30t6p3b.gif

Unknown

Drive Angry

The Adjustment Bureau

Battle: LA

Limitless

The Lincoln Lawyer

Paul

Hobo With A Shotgun
smokin.gif

Source Code

Hanna

Your Highness

Scream 4

Fast Five
smokin.gif

Stake Land

X-Men: First Class

Game of Thrones
nerd.gif
smokin.gif

I've got and gotta get in the mood for...

I Saw The Devil

13 Assassins

Shaolin

Biutiful

The Company Men

Insidious

Super

Win Win

White Lion

Passion Play
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I'm slacking hard
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Oh and

wow i have only seen like 7 movies that came out this year.

anyway i was on the arrested development board on imdb and looked in a thread about other sitcoms that fans enjoyed. found one called better off ted. got the first season. watched the first episode and i like what i saw.

portia de rossi is seriously one of the best woman to cast in sitcoms. shes amazing

wow i have only seen like 7 movies that came out this year.

anyway i was on the arrested development board on imdb and looked in a thread about other sitcoms that fans enjoyed. found one called better off ted. got the first season. watched the first episode and i like what i saw.

portia de rossi is seriously one of the best woman to cast in sitcoms. shes amazing

I have a document of roughly 30 personal concepts, man. I would like to write a screenplay or two in my life. The list ofwhat I would like to see from anyone is more broad. There really is nosuch list, but...

I want drama without the inexplicable romance,or Danny Tanner life lessons. I want controversy that extends past"controversial" with a status quo story. I want the people with themost power in the industry to push the limits and not care. I wantSFX/CGI-filled blockbusters to have masterful scripts, and not justrely heavily on the aesthetics. I want new. I want real, even inunreal. I want dystopia. I want less superheroes. Mostly, I just wantmy mind impregnated.

Anyway, I liked Scream 4. I like aself-aware movie like that. That is something else I value. There is nomasking of itself to viewers, or trying to stretch across every genre.

I have a document of roughly 30 personal concepts, man. I would like to write a screenplay or two in my life. The list ofwhat I would like to see from anyone is more broad. There really is nosuch list, but...

I want drama without the inexplicable romance,or Danny Tanner life lessons. I want controversy that extends past"controversial" with a status quo story. I want the people with themost power in the industry to push the limits and not care. I wantSFX/CGI-filled blockbusters to have masterful scripts, and not justrely heavily on the aesthetics. I want new. I want real, even inunreal. I want dystopia. I want less superheroes. Mostly, I just wantmy mind impregnated.

Anyway, I liked Scream 4. I like aself-aware movie like that. That is something else I value. There is nomasking of itself to viewers, or trying to stretch across every genre.

that aint gonna happen unfortunately. they are pumping out sequel after sequel and making hundreds of millions of bucks. the have no reason to change the formula

i was reading that the dungeons and dragons episode in community almost got the main guy fired. i mean that isn't even extreme. they were nervous that it would nerd the show up and ruin their demographic. ONE EPISODE. you cant do much outside the box these days

Back
Top Bottom