Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I dont think it's anything like ET. That was more of a heartwarming tale about the friendship between a boy and his alien. This is about trying to rescue people from an alien, with a lot more violence and humor.

Post #4000 in this thread
pimp.gif

Yeah E.T. was a bad example, Noskey is right. More violence and action than E.T. but by your definition, I wouldn't say it's a Disney movie at all.

But I've made the case for the movie, I won't twist your arm
laugh.gif

Yeah E.T. was a bad example, Noskey is right. More violence and action than E.T. but by your definition, I wouldn't say it's a Disney movie at all.

But I've made the case for the movie, I won't twist your arm
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Just because it focuses on kids doesn't mean it's a kid movie. There's a good amount of action, special effects, violence, etc.

If E.T. could pass as a Disney movie, then sure... so could Super 8. Not saying it's equal of course, but you should get my point.

Unrelated... The Professional is on t.v. right now... holy @+@* can Natalie Portman act, I'm always surprised when I watch this movie.
If you do decide to see it, do it proper justice and watch it in the theater, save it for a matinee if you don't want to spend full price
laugh.gif
But watching this later at home won't be the same.

If you don't decide to see it... well I hate you and everything you stand for.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Alright, you guys sold me.  I knew from jump I would at least give it a look at some point, I was just sort of worried about the whole hidden monster thing.  It was makin me nervous. 
And this is coming from a guy that stood in this long @#$ line to see the Godzilla remake, and was absolutely LOVING that movie for about 35 minutes or so right up until they um, LOST THE @#$%^&* HUGE MONSTER. 
indifferent.gif
  How the @#$% you lose a walking skyscraper you @#$%^&* morons? 
sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I was sittin in my seat kicking the seat in front of me all pissed off.  Like, the @#$% is goin on right now, breakin out flashlights and @#$^. 
nerd.gif
  @#$% outta here. 

And never been a doubt about Portman or her acting.  Only movie I ever seen her not act in is Star Wars.  @#$% you George Lucas, you suck. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Just because it focuses on kids doesn't mean it's a kid movie. There's a good amount of action, special effects, violence, etc.

If E.T. could pass as a Disney movie, then sure... so could Super 8. Not saying it's equal of course, but you should get my point.

Unrelated... The Professional is on t.v. right now... holy @+@* can Natalie Portman act, I'm always surprised when I watch this movie.
If you do decide to see it, do it proper justice and watch it in the theater, save it for a matinee if you don't want to spend full price
laugh.gif
But watching this later at home won't be the same.

If you don't decide to see it... well I hate you and everything you stand for.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Alright, you guys sold me.  I knew from jump I would at least give it a look at some point, I was just sort of worried about the whole hidden monster thing.  It was makin me nervous. 
And this is coming from a guy that stood in this long @#$ line to see the Godzilla remake, and was absolutely LOVING that movie for about 35 minutes or so right up until they um, LOST THE @#$%^&* HUGE MONSTER. 
indifferent.gif
  How the @#$% you lose a walking skyscraper you @#$%^&* morons? 
sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I was sittin in my seat kicking the seat in front of me all pissed off.  Like, the @#$% is goin on right now, breakin out flashlights and @#$^. 
nerd.gif
  @#$% outta here. 

And never been a doubt about Portman or her acting.  Only movie I ever seen her not act in is Star Wars.  @#$% you George Lucas, you suck. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

wow we got passed 200 pages

did anyone see source code?
Source Code was decent. Not a "must-see" IMO.
I missed the Friday showing of Super 8, but may watch it tonight. I heard Elle Fanning put in a solid performance. I've always liked her since Somewhere (not recommended viewing).

Originally Posted by DubA169

wow we got passed 200 pages

did anyone see source code?
Source Code was decent. Not a "must-see" IMO.
I missed the Friday showing of Super 8, but may watch it tonight. I heard Elle Fanning put in a solid performance. I've always liked her since Somewhere (not recommended viewing).

Yes, I saw Source Code, I loved it. Absolutely loved it.  Him calling his dad at the end almost brought me to tears.

That and Thor are my favorite films of the year so far.

Yes, I saw Source Code, I loved it. Absolutely loved it.  Him calling his dad at the end almost brought me to tears.

That and Thor are my favorite films of the year so far.

I saw Lincoln Lawyer, it was solid imo.  I compared it to Fracture, not in terms of the story, but how a typical Lawyer movie turned out to be pretty decent unexpectedly.  I LOVED Fracture, LL is just solid, nothing earth shattering.  Worth a watch or two. 

JPZ mentioned something just now, fav films of this year.  I wonder why people couldn't simply keep track of which ones they have even seen this year.  Some sort of a list of 2011 movies each person has seen.  I dunno if anyone would care about such a thing, but for instance I would put down Scream 4, Fast Five, Kill the Irishman, Lincoln Lawyer, X-Men, Battle LA, etc etc. 

I don't know if that has any value or anything, but could be sort of a useful way to track who's seen what and who to go too and what not.  Anyone think they could list out the 2011 films they've seen so far?  Is this a waste of time? 
laugh.gif

I saw Lincoln Lawyer, it was solid imo.  I compared it to Fracture, not in terms of the story, but how a typical Lawyer movie turned out to be pretty decent unexpectedly.  I LOVED Fracture, LL is just solid, nothing earth shattering.  Worth a watch or two. 

JPZ mentioned something just now, fav films of this year.  I wonder why people couldn't simply keep track of which ones they have even seen this year.  Some sort of a list of 2011 movies each person has seen.  I dunno if anyone would care about such a thing, but for instance I would put down Scream 4, Fast Five, Kill the Irishman, Lincoln Lawyer, X-Men, Battle LA, etc etc. 

I don't know if that has any value or anything, but could be sort of a useful way to track who's seen what and who to go too and what not.  Anyone think they could list out the 2011 films they've seen so far?  Is this a waste of time? 
laugh.gif

Lincoln Lawyer (keeps you on your toes, if you pay attention you shouldn't get lost [tell that to my friend 
laugh.gif
])
Source Code
Thor
I Am Number Four
The Mechanic
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Hangover: Part II
The Green Hornet

Still a few/lot more I want to check out from earlier months.

Lincoln Lawyer (keeps you on your toes, if you pay attention you shouldn't get lost [tell that to my friend 
laugh.gif
])
Source Code
Thor
I Am Number Four
The Mechanic
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Hangover: Part II
The Green Hornet

Still a few/lot more I want to check out from earlier months.

@#$% I already forgot some then, you just reminded me of ones I have seen. 

The Green Hornet
The Company Men
No Strings Attached
The Mechanic
Just Go With It
Hall Pass
The Eagle
I am Number Four
Unknown
Drive Angry
The Adjustment Bureau
Battle LA
Limitless
Fast Five
Thor
Scream 4
The Hangover II
X-Men
Kill the Irishman

I have Priest, Hannah, Red Riding Hood and Paul copies that I need to get too.  And I just friggin realized I haven't seen Sucker Punch yet. 
mad.gif

And uh....wait, hold the phone......What is this? 

[h4]Haywire[/h4]

April 22th. Get this: Steven Soderbergh is doing an all-out action movie. Yet another Nikita-like female assassin, but this one’s played by American Gladiator‘s Gina Carano in her first major role. Ummmm yeah. To handicap whatever she may lack in acting chops, Soderbergh has surrounded her with Ewan McGregor, Antonio Banderas, Bill Paxton, Channing Tatum, Michael Fassbender, and Michael Douglas.

WHY DO I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS MOVIE??????  Ain't this that fine @#$ fighter chick?  Is this movie out or what the hell?  April?  I never remember hearing a damn thing about this movie. 
nerd.gif

Aght, never mind, I found it.  Comes out in August, musta been delayed.  That cast alone requires me watching, and Gina being in it won't hurt either. 
laugh.gif

@#$% I already forgot some then, you just reminded me of ones I have seen. 

The Green Hornet
The Company Men
No Strings Attached
The Mechanic
Just Go With It
Hall Pass
The Eagle
I am Number Four
Unknown
Drive Angry
The Adjustment Bureau
Battle LA
Limitless
Fast Five
Thor
Scream 4
The Hangover II
X-Men
Kill the Irishman

I have Priest, Hannah, Red Riding Hood and Paul copies that I need to get too.  And I just friggin realized I haven't seen Sucker Punch yet. 
mad.gif

And uh....wait, hold the phone......What is this? 

[h4]Haywire[/h4]

April 22th. Get this: Steven Soderbergh is doing an all-out action movie. Yet another Nikita-like female assassin, but this one’s played by American Gladiator‘s Gina Carano in her first major role. Ummmm yeah. To handicap whatever she may lack in acting chops, Soderbergh has surrounded her with Ewan McGregor, Antonio Banderas, Bill Paxton, Channing Tatum, Michael Fassbender, and Michael Douglas.

WHY DO I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS MOVIE??????  Ain't this that fine @#$ fighter chick?  Is this movie out or what the hell?  April?  I never remember hearing a damn thing about this movie. 
nerd.gif

Aght, never mind, I found it.  Comes out in August, musta been delayed.  That cast alone requires me watching, and Gina being in it won't hurt either. 
laugh.gif

Maaaan Super 8 is NOT anything like a Disney movie... It's an old school monster movie that actually has a story and characters behind it other than "OMG There's a MONSTER ATTACKING US!!!" ... Like I said, it's good, not great. There are flaws, but everything the movie did really well outweighed them for me. Two of my buddies hated it with a burning passion, and wouldn't shut up about it all night, but they're the same dudes that hated District 9. *shrug*

Stuff I've seen this year...

Fast Five
Rango
Battle: LA
First Class
Thor
No Strings Attached
Hangover II
Paul
Bridesmaids
Your Highness
Super
Win, Win (MOTY for me so far)
Pirates IV

In the next couple of months:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Captain America
Green Lantern (this movie looks @%!@*% but I can't refuse)
The Tree of Life
Bad Teacher
Cowboys & Aliens
Cars 2
Harry Potter

And then like 10 more later in the year... I've got a problem.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Maaaan Super 8 is NOT anything like a Disney movie... It's an old school monster movie that actually has a story and characters behind it other than "OMG There's a MONSTER ATTACKING US!!!" ... Like I said, it's good, not great. There are flaws, but everything the movie did really well outweighed them for me. Two of my buddies hated it with a burning passion, and wouldn't shut up about it all night, but they're the same dudes that hated District 9. *shrug*

Stuff I've seen this year...

Fast Five
Rango
Battle: LA
First Class
Thor
No Strings Attached
Hangover II
Paul
Bridesmaids
Your Highness
Super
Win, Win (MOTY for me so far)
Pirates IV

In the next couple of months:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Captain America
Green Lantern (this movie looks @%!@*% but I can't refuse)
The Tree of Life
Bad Teacher
Cowboys & Aliens
Cars 2
Harry Potter

And then like 10 more later in the year... I've got a problem.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Just finished watching all three seasons of Arrested Development. I watched an episode here and there but man I was missing out. 
roll.gif

Just finished watching all three seasons of Arrested Development. I watched an episode here and there but man I was missing out. 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom