Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^^^ I’m not expecting to like 2 that much, but I want to assess whether I think the bigger problem was the filmmaking or the source material being more difficult to translate to film.

Watched 42. Only watched it for Chadwick. It was trash. I learned so much about random white characters than Jackie Robinson. It's unfortunate the directors of these types of films pat themselves on the back after bastardizing historical heroes' stories.

So I'm continuing my binge watch of season 1 of Fringe and the next episode doesn't automatically play, confused I back out to the main hub in Prime Video and I see I have to pay $2.99 to watch the episode even though the entire season is supposed to be "free" through IMDB TV.

I do a quick scan of the other seasons and I see random episodes are locked behind the $2.99 paywall. too :stoneface:

So much for "free"

I’m finally giving IT Chapter 2 a shot since HBO is showing it right after 1.

Loved the first movie, the 2nd one was just not well done at all. Has it's moments and the ending was cool but that's really it. I was really excited for it too but waited a couple years to watch because of the backlash.

Quiet Place 2 was pretty decent

20210711_185645.jpg

Wanted to see BW but one of my daughters saw it opening night so we landed on AQP2.

1st time back on the theaters since 2019.

Its empty and thats one big ******* relief!

Loved the first movie, the 2nd one was just not well done at all. Has it's moments and the ending was cool but that's really it. I was really excited for it too but waited a couple years to watch because of the backlash.

Fell asleep probably about 30 minutes into 2. Partially due to not being that into it, partially due to washedness. Probably won’t finish it.

F9... Felt like a series of random scenes pieced together, Diesel being such an awful actor was so apparent, Cypher isn't a good villain but whatever, and I'm undecided on the fourth wall breaking stuff. Them talking about being invincible, outer space, etc. I like it but it's also odd, Dom being the incredible hulk

The call backs, bringing in the Tokyo crew, Han, the odd flashbacks on Dom and his younger self, Cena wasn't that awful, outer space, it all was entertaining.

It'll rank on the low side of the franchise but it was what it was.

Evil

Kirsten is an idiot. I wonder if all white females have this gene cuz I see it written in stories a lot. Why would you stick your head out at a stopped open elevator inbetween floors? :lol: Just asking for death.

Also Ben going alone :smh:

walkingBred walkingBred did you catch The White Lotus tonight? :lol: it's pretty funny but it's got this weird *** tone to it. I really enjoyed the first episode. Daddario/Sweeney :pimp:

Last edited:
Florence Pugh had me mostly :rofl: rollin in Black Widow, her comedic timing + Russian accent that you don’t hear every movie made everything 5x funnier. David Harbour’s frostbite ☠

Went with six friends last night, 🍿 are back 0_o

Outside of the Avenger movies, it was on par with Ragnarok for me when it comes to Marvel movies I enjoyed most since the first GOTG that came out in 2015. 7.5/8.

Back
Top Bottom