Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

That doesn't mean a ton to me, personally. Jim Parsons from the south but I would struggle with a redneck character from him, too.

-foe
Only a joke :lol: 🤷‍♂️

I dunno tho. I think his redneck in the trailer looks ok to me. But I'll have to see. Trailers are trailers.

In for that Chucky series, looks like an interesting spin. Although I still prefer the doll with practical effects.

Fear Street Trilogy - 6/8

Could've easily been a 7 by removing 1666 and 1978 :lol: A two part series with both 1994 sections would have been :pimp:

They also pulled some deep cuts from Doggystyle and E. 1999 Eternal :pimp: Crazy that younger folks might not even notice them, and those were among the greatest albums from that period (and ever?)

When MAGA Damon started promoting that redneck role and saying stuff like “in doing my research for the character, i learned that trump supporters of Oklahoma are all really fine people.” I already decided right then and there I wasn’t gonna be open minded about the film. I’m not watching it. Don’t care what kinda score it gets.

In for that Chucky series, looks like an interesting spin. Although I still prefer the doll with practical effects.

Fear Street Trilogy - 6/8

Could've easily been a 7 by removing 1666 and 1978 :lol: A two part series with both 1994 sections would have been :pimp:

They also pulled some deep cuts from Doggystyle and E. 1999 Eternal :pimp: Crazy that younger folks might not even notice them, and those were among the greatest albums from that period (and ever?)

I wonder what the budget for the soundtrack was, **** was ridiculous, so many big and well known songs. It actually was kind of overwhelming and jarring at times, they played like 3 back to back huge songs and it was distracting.

Screen_Shot_2016-08-01_at_12.34.21_PM.0.0.jpeg

A-A-R-D-V-A-R-K

The episode where Arthur and Francine get locked in the library and when DW cuts her knee on the can at the dump were my favorites 🔥

This good? Available to stream for me and good Critic/Audience score.

91s4g2dCiKL._RI_.jpg
It was actually better than I thought it'd be. Vaughn has a decent performance and there are many funny parts in the movie. Kind of like The Hot Chick with a horror element lol. Vince is in some of my fav comedies/movies (Wedding Crashers, Old School, Swingers) ever so I still check for him in starring roles.

E813A8FC-2979-4968-9A20-22B24F6138F4.jpeg
Hideaway (1995) 2/8

never heard of this movie until I saw it today on Hulu. Great cast. Could have been a film from 1982 and I couldn’t tell the difference, quality wise.

So the beginning of the movie a satan worshipper kills his mom and sister and attempts to kill himself as a tribute to satan. Apparently doctors bring him back to life before he dies (they never explain that this happens, they don’t even show how it’s done) and he continues to kill women. Doesn’t explain why only women. Or how this is a tribute?

anyways, 5 minutes into the movie and after the first satan worship guy is shown killing him self, it cuts to Jeff Goldblum and his happy family. He’s rich and happy and alecia silver stone is his daughter. Him and his wife are driving home late at night and get hit by a sleepy truck driver and knocked into a river. Goldblum dies for 2 hours but is brought back to life at the hospital by some “experimental” procedure.

again, they don’t show or explain what is done, they just say he’s alive now. So he immediately goes back to his happy home, only now he’s seeing 1st person POV visions of killing women. He’s connected to the satan worshiper somehow. Doesn’t explain why or how, or what any of it has to even do with satan. About an hour and a half go by of Goldblum feeling like he’s going crazy and seeing women getting killed. Doctors can’t figure out what’s wrong.

the satan worshiper is killing in real time. Random women at clubs at first. And he builds some sort of shrine in a hideaway under a sewer. Then he finds Goldblums daughter and is connected to her somehow and now he’s obsessed with trying to kill her.

at this point it became clear that this is one of the worst movies ever made and I couldn’t finish. Awful editing, acting, terrible unexplained story, rave music and Marilyn Manson music playing the whole time, etc.

This movie grossed 12mil worldwide, on a 15mil budget. Probably should have ruined the careers of all the actors involved but they all ended up having great careers. Do not watch. If you’ve already seen it, made god have mercy on your soul.

Back
Top Bottom