Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I knew it was a limited series. Was about to say how are they gonna pull that off.

Guess The White Lotus is a hotel chain.

Oh ****, I thought this was just a Knuckles is in Sonic 2 post.

Didn't even realize it's Idris posting that :lol:

Wonder what voice he'll be going for. Cant be his regular one.

The Gold Standard of popcorn summer blockbusters to which others are compared...
I would think that would be some Sly or Arnold or even Bruce summer blockbuster.

I think at best its a 90s gold standard. Tom has long since elevated it.

What was this summer's?

-foe

Looks like Black Widow -

F2330D44-79DE-42C4-AF73-1425562EA0C1.png

Probably some comic book movie. :lol:

Honestly I think they'll become less and less relevant with all the streaming services and direct to PPV options.

What was this summer's?

-foe
I think it was suppose to be Black Widow since it did well at first but then Space Jam did better (at least weekly).

Quality wise it should be The Suicide Squad (but only quality wise) unless I'm forgetting some other movie coming for the rest of August.

Just like last summer, this being a post pandemic summer where some companies have decided to stream their movies instead of premiere in theaters have not made things fair well for the "blockbuster" part of the summer.

No don't bring it, I already had to skip the last 3-4 pages, I don't want to keep scrolling aimlessly......

The Fast films are definitely Summer Blockbusters. Mission Impossibles too. Bond films could be considered, but I don't think they really release them in the summer slots as much.

Free Guy looks like a perfect summer blockbuster, as was Independence Day.

I don't know if I would consider Black Widow as summer blockbuster as it is part of a shared story/universe and is like the 25th installment. It's just a continuation of films, some come out in early Feb (Black Panther) some come out in the summer, some in the winter time.

iono I'm probably just nitpicking. Hell, I thought Jungle Cruise was kinda summer blockbustery.......

^^^ Jungle Cruise definitely a Summer blockbuster (or at least would have been in more traditional times). Hits all the hallmarks - huge stars, big time brand power, big budget.

Back
Top Bottom