Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

What are you guys planning again..? Whatever, I'm in.
BTW, I know people swear by Netflix, and I'm giving it a try, but I'm not a fan so far. I think I've been spoiled DL'ing HD rips the past couple years (RIP external HD
tired.gif
).

I did get to see Melvin Goes to Dinner, again, which I absolutely love.

And just to add, Green Lantern is still at the 20% mark with almost 100 reviews in. I'm still gonna try to leave work early to watch it tomorrow. Read Green Lantern: Rebirth to get me hyped, which I don't think was a good idea considering the possible letdown that will ensue once I exit the theater.

And yes, since people were already spoiling it on the TDKR thread, Liam Neeson was spotted on the set. Whether he's doing a flashback or will be featured is still a mystery. Considering Pence is playing a "Young Ra's" though, I doubt it'll be a flashback. And if that's the case, I'm thinking Miranda Tate may be an alias for Talia (Cotillard).

What are you guys planning again..? Whatever, I'm in.
BTW, I know people swear by Netflix, and I'm giving it a try, but I'm not a fan so far. I think I've been spoiled DL'ing HD rips the past couple years (RIP external HD
tired.gif
).

I did get to see Melvin Goes to Dinner, again, which I absolutely love.

And just to add, Green Lantern is still at the 20% mark with almost 100 reviews in. I'm still gonna try to leave work early to watch it tomorrow. Read Green Lantern: Rebirth to get me hyped, which I don't think was a good idea considering the possible letdown that will ensue once I exit the theater.

And yes, since people were already spoiling it on the TDKR thread, Liam Neeson was spotted on the set. Whether he's doing a flashback or will be featured is still a mystery. Considering Pence is playing a "Young Ra's" though, I doubt it'll be a flashback. And if that's the case, I'm thinking Miranda Tate may be an alias for Talia (Cotillard).

Ra is my least favorite bad guy in batman. i just bought a book that's a compilation of his famous stories so maybe i will change my mind but i don't think he fits well in the realistic batman world

Ra is my least favorite bad guy in batman. i just bought a book that's a compilation of his famous stories so maybe i will change my mind but i don't think he fits well in the realistic batman world

My theory is that Nolan & Co.are bringing Liam back because they felt that they dropped the ball by not having Ra's call Batman, "Detective" in the first film.

My theory is that Nolan & Co.are bringing Liam back because they felt that they dropped the ball by not having Ra's call Batman, "Detective" in the first film.

Originally Posted by Noskey

I'm not MrO, but Cyrus was pretty damn funny imo. When Reilly and Hill are the only ones in the scene it's almost always hilarious.

^ Basically. 
laugh.gif
 Marisa Tomei is great in it too. She's not ditsy or the hoo-er with a heart of gold like in everything. And Catherine Keener didn't make me roll my eyes...small victiories.
Your Highness...me and my friends liked it in a MST3K loud kids in the theater way.
grin.gif
Don't expect much, but it's probably funnier now after watching Game of Thrones.

And Ra's Al Ghul is my dude, don't even. Way back, since Batman The Animated Series.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

I'm not MrO, but Cyrus was pretty damn funny imo. When Reilly and Hill are the only ones in the scene it's almost always hilarious.

^ Basically. 
laugh.gif
 Marisa Tomei is great in it too. She's not ditsy or the hoo-er with a heart of gold like in everything. And Catherine Keener didn't make me roll my eyes...small victiories.
Your Highness...me and my friends liked it in a MST3K loud kids in the theater way.
grin.gif
Don't expect much, but it's probably funnier now after watching Game of Thrones.

And Ra's Al Ghul is my dude, don't even. Way back, since Batman The Animated Series.
smokin.gif

Cyrus was very good

And speaking of MST3K, is anyone else a fan? I used to watch them growing up with my brothers all the time.

Cyrus was very good

And speaking of MST3K, is anyone else a fan? I used to watch them growing up with my brothers all the time.

Oh, uh... You know that guy in whose camper they... I mean, that guy off in whose camper they were whacking?

Oh, uh... You know that guy in whose camper they... I mean, that guy off in whose camper they were whacking?

Yes, 'Insomnia' is a great flick.

You actually feel the insomnia that the character that feels it is feeling.... and the villain (I won't say his name, maybe you know) plays a creepy bad guy. It's a very, very different role than this guy normally plays, and it was fresh to see him in something different. Major props to him.

FYI... for those that have seen the film, the dad in 'Easy A' had me
laugh.gif

Yes, 'Insomnia' is a great flick.

You actually feel the insomnia that the character that feels it is feeling.... and the villain (I won't say his name, maybe you know) plays a creepy bad guy. It's a very, very different role than this guy normally plays, and it was fresh to see him in something different. Major props to him.

FYI... for those that have seen the film, the dad in 'Easy A' had me
laugh.gif

Sucker Punch...first time.
mad.gif
When I heard that garbage cover of The Pixies, I was almost done (and that was 10 min in).

Spoiler [+]
If they would've said this was from the director of Jennifer's Body, I'd be looking out for whatever else she was working on next, but this is Zach Snyder... Same dude who was a couple castings away from making Watchmen work?
30t6p3b.gif
Is he M. Night with special effects? And they gave him Superman?
tired.gif

I think he thinks he's Tarantino or Scorcese with his music choices. But they just sound random, forced and wrong.

It was more disappointing than I thought it'd be. I mean I heard about the bad dialogue and it being a really sexist failure at feminism, but...I thought the action would save it, at least make parts of it cool like Matrix Reloaded...nope. In Kill Bill that Crazy 88s fight was ridiculous, but they grounded it, gave it rules and made it real enough. Even Scott Pilgrim, found a common ground. There's nothing grounded here. It's just random abstract fights.
This...really badly wants to be a bad-!** Pan's Labyrinth, where the line between what's real and imagined keep you guessing until the end. Don't watch this, watch that instead, because the real world with the Spanish Civil War and the fantasy with that dark fairytale both work. Nothing in this does and even the cg stuff, looks well done, but boring. There's a scene where people are crying and you won't understand why no one can act, except Carla Gugino.

Funny thing...the last 10 minutes are real good. It's like Smokin Aces, where they're a great way of ending a different and better movie you didn't just see. They hurt, because for the first time in the movie, you can imagine what a good Sucker Punch could've been.
30t6p3b.gif

From Gen:
Originally Posted by whiterails

[h1]The 9 Most Scathing Critical Responses to Sucker Punch[/h1]7. “Sucker Punch is a scorched-earth PG-13 epic, making any possible return to these heights of excess utterly distasteful to financiers and visionaries alike, while failing every opportunity to deliver the sexy, bloody payload promised by the film’s very existence: girls in fetish outfits, kicking @+# and taking names.

Sucker Punch...first time.
mad.gif
When I heard that garbage cover of The Pixies, I was almost done (and that was 10 min in).

Spoiler [+]
If they would've said this was from the director of Jennifer's Body, I'd be looking out for whatever else she was working on next, but this is Zach Snyder... Same dude who was a couple castings away from making Watchmen work?
30t6p3b.gif
Is he M. Night with special effects? And they gave him Superman?
tired.gif

I think he thinks he's Tarantino or Scorcese with his music choices. But they just sound random, forced and wrong.

It was more disappointing than I thought it'd be. I mean I heard about the bad dialogue and it being a really sexist failure at feminism, but...I thought the action would save it, at least make parts of it cool like Matrix Reloaded...nope. In Kill Bill that Crazy 88s fight was ridiculous, but they grounded it, gave it rules and made it real enough. Even Scott Pilgrim, found a common ground. There's nothing grounded here. It's just random abstract fights.
This...really badly wants to be a bad-!** Pan's Labyrinth, where the line between what's real and imagined keep you guessing until the end. Don't watch this, watch that instead, because the real world with the Spanish Civil War and the fantasy with that dark fairytale both work. Nothing in this does and even the cg stuff, looks well done, but boring. There's a scene where people are crying and you won't understand why no one can act, except Carla Gugino.

Funny thing...the last 10 minutes are real good. It's like Smokin Aces, where they're a great way of ending a different and better movie you didn't just see. They hurt, because for the first time in the movie, you can imagine what a good Sucker Punch could've been.
30t6p3b.gif

From Gen:
Originally Posted by whiterails

[h1]The 9 Most Scathing Critical Responses to Sucker Punch[/h1]7. “Sucker Punch is a scorched-earth PG-13 epic, making any possible return to these heights of excess utterly distasteful to financiers and visionaries alike, while failing every opportunity to deliver the sexy, bloody payload promised by the film’s very existence: girls in fetish outfits, kicking @+# and taking names.

laugh.gif
 Great, cuz I just got a copy of Sucker Punch, and have been wanting to watch it for a while now. 

Good call on could Snyder be M Night, that's scary to think of.  But he will nail Superman, he has too.  Nolan is overseeing, Nolan would murder the dude if he was @#$%^& up. 

Road to Perdition was pretty good.  Slow to start, and I really didn't, grasp, Hanks in his role.  We all know Hanks is incredible, but for this role, carring a gun around and what not, it just wasn't workin for me.  Oh and robbin money from Al Capone, yeah, that lasts long. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It did have some power though, some scenes were really good, some were odd, like the slow motion shooting towards the end, but this is like movie #2 where Jude Law is actually ok and not such a vag.  That's always a plus when you can get Jude to play a man. 
smokin.gif
  Craig didn't even sound the same back then.  And what's funny to me is, watching it made me think of Entourage.  Jude and Daniel were best friends, I imagine Jude got Daniel the job, now Daniel is the big star, and he's going to be in Bond 23, directed by....Sam Mendes.  Who directed Road to Perdition?  Sam Mendes. 
nerd.gif
  I wonder if Craig put a word in for Mendes to get the job for Bond.  Hollywood is one great big family tree. 
I'll go 7/10 for Road. 

laugh.gif
 Great, cuz I just got a copy of Sucker Punch, and have been wanting to watch it for a while now. 

Good call on could Snyder be M Night, that's scary to think of.  But he will nail Superman, he has too.  Nolan is overseeing, Nolan would murder the dude if he was @#$%^& up. 

Road to Perdition was pretty good.  Slow to start, and I really didn't, grasp, Hanks in his role.  We all know Hanks is incredible, but for this role, carring a gun around and what not, it just wasn't workin for me.  Oh and robbin money from Al Capone, yeah, that lasts long. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It did have some power though, some scenes were really good, some were odd, like the slow motion shooting towards the end, but this is like movie #2 where Jude Law is actually ok and not such a vag.  That's always a plus when you can get Jude to play a man. 
smokin.gif
  Craig didn't even sound the same back then.  And what's funny to me is, watching it made me think of Entourage.  Jude and Daniel were best friends, I imagine Jude got Daniel the job, now Daniel is the big star, and he's going to be in Bond 23, directed by....Sam Mendes.  Who directed Road to Perdition?  Sam Mendes. 
nerd.gif
  I wonder if Craig put a word in for Mendes to get the job for Bond.  Hollywood is one great big family tree. 
I'll go 7/10 for Road. 

It's just with Road to Perdition, some of those shots I'll always remember. The bathroom mirror and the bathtub, Tom Hanks with the tommy in the rain, that beach house, just about everything Jude did, the diner with those two, when D. Craig was looking at the front door, so much of it. That movie hit me right. I was pissed when someone else took that in the draft.
laugh.gif

And I forgot Nolan was producing Supes, see this is something M. Night needed, a mentor.
grin.gif

It's just with Road to Perdition, some of those shots I'll always remember. The bathroom mirror and the bathtub, Tom Hanks with the tommy in the rain, that beach house, just about everything Jude did, the diner with those two, when D. Craig was looking at the front door, so much of it. That movie hit me right. I was pissed when someone else took that in the draft.
laugh.gif

And I forgot Nolan was producing Supes, see this is something M. Night needed, a mentor.
grin.gif

Alright, so this weird movie experience is going on w/ me right now as I type this.

Movies are supposed to be BETTER with other people, right?

I mean... it's scary by yourself, but more scary with other people, a funny watch by yourself, but effing hilarious w/ others, etc, right?

So I saw Scott Pilgrim last month w/ some friends from work, and that movie was effing ridiculous... in a bad way. I was straightfaced through almost the whole thing.

But it's on my tv right now just because I fell asleep with this channel on while my son was napping, and I've been watching it the last half hour... and I'm effing cracking up.
laugh.gif

The arrow landing between 'I gotta pee' and 'Who her?', which turns to 'I gotta pee on her.'
roll.gif
laugh.gif

But yeah, how was this stupid as hell w/ friends, but it's actually pretty funny just sitting around wasting time, playing w/ my son?

Back
Top Bottom