Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Alright, so this weird movie experience is going on w/ me right now as I type this.

Movies are supposed to be BETTER with other people, right?

I mean... it's scary by yourself, but more scary with other people, a funny watch by yourself, but effing hilarious w/ others, etc, right?

So I saw Scott Pilgrim last month w/ some friends from work, and that movie was effing ridiculous... in a bad way. I was straightfaced through almost the whole thing.

But it's on my tv right now just because I fell asleep with this channel on while my son was napping, and I've been watching it the last half hour... and I'm effing cracking up.
laugh.gif

The arrow landing between 'I gotta pee' and 'Who her?', which turns to 'I gotta pee on her.'
roll.gif
laugh.gif

But yeah, how was this stupid as hell w/ friends, but it's actually pretty funny just sitting around wasting time, playing w/ my son?

I can't wait for Moneyball.

Aaron Sorkin wrote the script, Wally Pfister shot the movie...it's been in limbo in Hollywood for years trying to be made...the trailer looks great

I can't wait for Moneyball.

Aaron Sorkin wrote the script, Wally Pfister shot the movie...it's been in limbo in Hollywood for years trying to be made...the trailer looks great

Either the Indians game or The Tree of Life is on my schedule tonight.

The reviews have me even more intrigued than I originally was.
I got a sense the 67-year-old Malick cared little about whether hemight lose viewers but was eager to destroy the boundaries of whatstories movies could tell and what ideas they could contain.
Love it.

Either the Indians game or The Tree of Life is on my schedule tonight.

The reviews have me even more intrigued than I originally was.
I got a sense the 67-year-old Malick cared little about whether hemight lose viewers but was eager to destroy the boundaries of whatstories movies could tell and what ideas they could contain.
Love it.

I'm at work all day, then tonight I possibly have a copy of both Sucker Punch and Super 8, so I hope to get thru both of those if I can. 

Also found The Big Lebowski last night on TV, so I put that on the DVR, I have yet to see it.  Yes, I know, hence me putting it on the DVR, it's on my list to get too, now I have it. 
pimp.gif

I'm at work all day, then tonight I possibly have a copy of both Sucker Punch and Super 8, so I hope to get thru both of those if I can. 

Also found The Big Lebowski last night on TV, so I put that on the DVR, I have yet to see it.  Yes, I know, hence me putting it on the DVR, it's on my list to get too, now I have it. 
pimp.gif

As long as Lebowski isn't edited or anything, then that's fine. It's one of my favorite comedies/films of all-time.

As long as Lebowski isn't edited or anything, then that's fine. It's one of my favorite comedies/films of all-time.

Maybe I missed it... when do you guys want to start this movie club bit? We don't have to get it going soon by any means, I'm just curious.

Anybody seen 'The Good Shepherd'? Any good?

Maybe I missed it... when do you guys want to start this movie club bit? We don't have to get it going soon by any means, I'm just curious.

Originally Posted by JPZx

We can probably start on Monday.  We're up to about 15 people.  So you could probably post your 5 when you want, in a lil bit I'll run a randomizer to get an order for weekly picks and what not. 

Man, I was super hyped to see The Good Shepherd.  And it was slooooooooooow as @#$%.  I've tried to sit down and watch it twice now, and failed to get thru it both times.  It really gave me a hard time getting into it. 

Originally Posted by JPZx

We can probably start on Monday.  We're up to about 15 people.  So you could probably post your 5 when you want, in a lil bit I'll run a randomizer to get an order for weekly picks and what not. 

Man, I was super hyped to see The Good Shepherd.  And it was slooooooooooow as @#$%.  I've tried to sit down and watch it twice now, and failed to get thru it both times.  It really gave me a hard time getting into it. 

Here is the weekly list. 

We should all do our ratings on a scale of 10.  That way after each movie, we'll get a cumulative score for each movie based off the same numbers.  You can go 8.4/10, or a simple 6/10 or 6.6/10, whatever.  Make sense? 

There were 14 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
  1. JPZ
  2. Kev
  3. Dub
  4. Prime
  5. JRP
  6. CP
  7. Noskey
  8. U of Nike
  9. Big J
  10. Pro
  11. Johnny
  12. Illmatic
  13. Dirk
  14. MrONegative

Here is the weekly list. 

We should all do our ratings on a scale of 10.  That way after each movie, we'll get a cumulative score for each movie based off the same numbers.  You can go 8.4/10, or a simple 6/10 or 6.6/10, whatever.  Make sense? 

There were 14 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
  1. JPZ
  2. Kev
  3. Dub
  4. Prime
  5. JRP
  6. CP
  7. Noskey
  8. U of Nike
  9. Big J
  10. Pro
  11. Johnny
  12. Illmatic
  13. Dirk
  14. MrONegative

laugh.gif
 enough about the hopper. 

JPZ lists his 5 movies he recommends, then we all have to figure out how we want to handle it.  Maybe JPZ lists the 5 in his preferred order.  Then the rest of us (13) vote on which of the 5 we want to go with.  Then find it, watch it, and report on it. 

Week 2, Kev gives us 5 movies in his order, the 13 of us, pick which one, etc etc etc on down the line. 

Problem is, this voting thing.  Make all voting on Monday's or something? We don't wanna be sitting here for 3-4 days waiting for everyone to come thru and vote.  We only need about 6-7 votes for a movie to be a majority, so if we establish that everyone has to come thru here Monday to vote on the 5, then we have the rest of the week to get to watching the movie.  Everyone cool with that? 

laugh.gif
 enough about the hopper. 

JPZ lists his 5 movies he recommends, then we all have to figure out how we want to handle it.  Maybe JPZ lists the 5 in his preferred order.  Then the rest of us (13) vote on which of the 5 we want to go with.  Then find it, watch it, and report on it. 

Week 2, Kev gives us 5 movies in his order, the 13 of us, pick which one, etc etc etc on down the line. 

Problem is, this voting thing.  Make all voting on Monday's or something? We don't wanna be sitting here for 3-4 days waiting for everyone to come thru and vote.  We only need about 6-7 votes for a movie to be a majority, so if we establish that everyone has to come thru here Monday to vote on the 5, then we have the rest of the week to get to watching the movie.  Everyone cool with that? 

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
2. Mean Streets (1973)
3. One Flew Over the ****oo's Nest (1975)
4. Full Metal Jacket (1987)
5. Eyes Wide Shut (1999)

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
2. Mean Streets (1973)
3. One Flew Over the ****oo's Nest (1975)
4. Full Metal Jacket (1987)
5. Eyes Wide Shut (1999)

Back
Top Bottom