Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I'm somewhat of an M. Night apologist. I think he has really, really good sci-fi/horror/thriller concepts in most of his films, but the writing and overall execution is more than lacking.

I just saw Devil last week. I expected nothing out of that because I figured there was no way he could make a movie that took place in a 6' by 6' space, but it actually wasn't unbearable. Maybe he needs to be confined like that.

the happening definitely had a good concept for a second. Then it all went to $#%@. But lady in the water makes that movie look like a masterpiece

the happening definitely had a good concept for a second. Then it all went to $#%@. But lady in the water makes that movie look like a masterpiece

Uh.....Russell Crowe possibly playing Jor-El?????? And Django got set for Christmas 2012 and Jamie Foxx could take the role if Will Smith wimps out. 0_0

Uh.....Russell Crowe possibly playing Jor-El?????? And Django got set for Christmas 2012 and Jamie Foxx could take the role if Will Smith wimps out. 0_0

Quick, where's venom to give us a link to his website
Russell Crowe is in talks to play Jor-El in Man Of Steel, taking the cameo role of Superman's father that was played by Marlon Brando in the Richard Donner-directed 1978 Superman.Kevin Costner plays Pa Kent, the earthbound patriarch of Clark Kent. Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Michael Shannon are also starring.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/forget-brando-russell-crowe-is-new-jor-el-in-man-of-steel/

And Foxx could be interesting. If Smith is too concerned about his image (wuss), then I'm sure Foxx doesn't care about it like that. Personally I like Foxx as an actor, and for a role like this he has the ability to deliver on screen as well as handle the immense pressure and spotlight that role would put on him.

Russell Crowe is in talks to play Jor-El in Man Of Steel, taking the cameo role of Superman's father that was played by Marlon Brando in the Richard Donner-directed 1978 Superman.Kevin Costner plays Pa Kent, the earthbound patriarch of Clark Kent. Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Michael Shannon are also starring.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/forget-brando-russell-crowe-is-new-jor-el-in-man-of-steel/

And Foxx could be interesting. If Smith is too concerned about his image (wuss), then I'm sure Foxx doesn't care about it like that. Personally I like Foxx as an actor, and for a role like this he has the ability to deliver on screen as well as handle the immense pressure and spotlight that role would put on him.

The Village was the biggest piece of garbage I've ever seen
laugh.gif

Devil was actually pretty good. Kid from Dark Blue wasn't half bad.

The Village was the biggest piece of garbage I've ever seen
laugh.gif

Devil was actually pretty good. Kid from Dark Blue wasn't half bad.

Somewhere, Kev laughs out loud as did I.
roll.gif
I would be fine with Foxx. Always like his work. Will is a fool if he passes though.

Somewhere, Kev laughs out loud as did I.
roll.gif
I would be fine with Foxx. Always like his work. Will is a fool if he passes though.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Tracking down leads...working his insiders...checking google reader...you don't know what it's like!

site_28_rand_537239996_all_the_presidents_men_627.gif

oh and...must be nice...yall can forget Battlefield Earth happened. wish I was the same
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Tracking down leads...working his insiders...checking google reader...you don't know what it's like!

oh and...must be nice...yall can forget Battlefield Earth happened. wish I was the same
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I'm somewhat of an M. Night apologist. I think he has really, really good sci-fi/horror/thriller concepts in most of his films, but the writing and overall execution is more than lacking.  
I think he has a lot of really, really good ideas but he's completely lost once he starts writing and filming... I think especially when he's behind camera directing, things get really sloppy and play out poorly.

He needs to be put up somewhere as an EP/idea man and never, ever write or direct again.

I'm here.
and if that's a shot...oh well. 

MrONegative wrote:
Big J 33 wrote:

you too?
anyway...Crowe is going to happen, and the cast is shaping up to be really solid. Plus Nolan is behind the film so it should be a good one.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I think he has a lot of really, really good ideas but he's completely lost once he starts writing and filming... I think especially when he's behind camera directing, things get really sloppy and play out poorly.

He needs to be put up somewhere as an EP/idea man and never, ever write or direct again.

I'm here.
and if that's a shot...oh well. 

MrONegative wrote:
Big J 33 wrote:

you too?
anyway...Crowe is going to happen, and the cast is shaping up to be really solid. Plus Nolan is behind the film so it should be a good one.

Not a shot at all, I read your reviews and I can respect the time you put into your site, more power to you.

In other news... what's the count so far on the first movie? Is there a majority yet?

Not a shot at all, I read your reviews and I can respect the time you put into your site, more power to you.

In other news... what's the count so far on the first movie? Is there a majority yet?

The worst movie ever? None of you have seen The Room? Because that's easily the worst thing ever; there's no redeeming qualities at all.

The worst movie ever? None of you have seen The Room? Because that's easily the worst thing ever; there's no redeeming qualities at all.

That one is pretty bad... it's so bad that it's funny, though. I can at least laugh at huge chunks of that movie

That one is pretty bad... it's so bad that it's funny, though. I can at least laugh at huge chunks of that movie

Back
Top Bottom