Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Mean Streets looks like the odds on favorite.... with Eternal Sunshine not far behind.

And about Netflix, no I didn't do that on purpose.
laugh.gif
I was just trying to pick movies from every decade that I wanted to see.

Excited to see Harvey Keitel in a lead role in such a critically acclaimed film. Loved him in Reservoir Dogs, but that was a little later in his career.

Mean Streets looks like the odds on favorite.... with Eternal Sunshine not far behind.

And about Netflix, no I didn't do that on purpose.
laugh.gif
I was just trying to pick movies from every decade that I wanted to see.

Excited to see Harvey Keitel in a lead role in such a critically acclaimed film. Loved him in Reservoir Dogs, but that was a little later in his career.

I just realized earlier today that there was a Quarantine 2.

I didn't think Quarantine was "awful," but [REC] was definitely worlds better.

I just realized earlier today that there was a Quarantine 2.

I didn't think Quarantine was "awful," but [REC] was definitely worlds better.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

IMO, a good name for this "group" would be, The Film Aficionado's. Pretentious? Probably, but I like it. 
pimp.gif

I dont think we're cool enough to be that pretentious. Well, most of us might be. But I know CP's not.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I'm picking five Uwe Boll movies.
This is why we cant have nice things!
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

IMO, a good name for this "group" would be, The Film Aficionado's. Pretentious? Probably, but I like it. 
pimp.gif

I dont think we're cool enough to be that pretentious. Well, most of us might be. But I know CP's not.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I'm picking five Uwe Boll movies.
This is why we cant have nice things!
30t6p3b.gif

@Kev **@%$#+%%$!%

Originally Posted by CP1708

Sucker Punch......mindless, visually stunning, no dialogue, steals from the Matrix about 5 times, and it played more music than MTV does. Other than that, eh, 6/10. Falling Skies looks kinda like I been askin for from invasion movies, only a series will have more time than a movie will. And Dexter is starting to leak ads.
pimp.gif
Mean or Sunshine, I never seen either so I'm happy no matter what.
Told you the music was bad.

Here's my question about !#%$%%# Sucker Punch...if the whole point was escaping that place...and every time Babydoll dances to music, all the dudes go braindead. Why doesn't she do a little poplockathon and help all her friends run away? Huh? No? Everything else they did made more sense? iight.
eyes.gif

But yeah I'll check Falling Skies, tonight. I loved Taken, the other sci-fi invasion show Spielberg did...until he gave it a Spielberg ending.
tired.gif
But still, just cuz of Taken, I'll watch the first ep or 2. Maybe there's something there.

@Kev **@%$#+%%$!%

Originally Posted by CP1708

Sucker Punch......mindless, visually stunning, no dialogue, steals from the Matrix about 5 times, and it played more music than MTV does. Other than that, eh, 6/10. Falling Skies looks kinda like I been askin for from invasion movies, only a series will have more time than a movie will. And Dexter is starting to leak ads.
pimp.gif
Mean or Sunshine, I never seen either so I'm happy no matter what.
Told you the music was bad.

Here's my question about !#%$%%# Sucker Punch...if the whole point was escaping that place...and every time Babydoll dances to music, all the dudes go braindead. Why doesn't she do a little poplockathon and help all her friends run away? Huh? No? Everything else they did made more sense? iight.
eyes.gif

But yeah I'll check Falling Skies, tonight. I loved Taken, the other sci-fi invasion show Spielberg did...until he gave it a Spielberg ending.
tired.gif
But still, just cuz of Taken, I'll watch the first ep or 2. Maybe there's something there.

Actually, I was thinking about choosing five Hitchcocks, but I'll probably just include one.

It will likely be all drama/dramedy, and none of them will be anything that I'm sure mostly everybody has seen, like a Departed or something (well, maybe one). I think I have four confirmed. No Adaptation. or Sugar; I've done enough promoting of those two already.

Actually, I was thinking about choosing five Hitchcocks, but I'll probably just include one.

It will likely be all drama/dramedy, and none of them will be anything that I'm sure mostly everybody has seen, like a Departed or something (well, maybe one). I think I have four confirmed. No Adaptation. or Sugar; I've done enough promoting of those two already.

I guess I meant awful compared to Quarantine
laugh.gif
but it was entertaining. I think [REC] had one or two sequels as well. I think it shows what happens after the first but then at the end goes back and shows what happens to Angela at the end of the first one that leads into the beginning of the movie.

I guess I meant awful compared to Quarantine
laugh.gif
but it was entertaining. I think [REC] had one or two sequels as well. I think it shows what happens after the first but then at the end goes back and shows what happens to Angela at the end of the first one that leads into the beginning of the movie.

My candidate for Worst Movie Ever Made..

From Justin to Kelly

My brother and I both watched it when it first came out on HBO, we were watching a movie that was on before, then it came up next. Neither of us changed it or even said anything, we just kept watching.

Afterwards we both said, "let's never speak of this again"... it was that traumatic.

From Justin to Kelly

My brother and I both watched it when it first came out on HBO, we were watching a movie that was on before, then it came up next. Neither of us changed it or even said anything, we just kept watching.

Afterwards we both said, "let's never speak of this again"... it was that traumatic.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

From Justin to Kelly

i think lady in the water is the worst movie i have ever seen

Originally Posted by Big J 33

From Justin to Kelly

i think lady in the water is the worst movie i have ever seen

The Happening for me. Never been as angry as I was at that one. "I can hear the wind thru the phone" -____-

The Happening for me. Never been as angry as I was at that one. "I can hear the wind thru the phone" -____-

Contagion better be what The Happening could have been. I still liked it a little bit, though.

The Village, too. Lady in the Water was just awful.

Contagion better be what The Happening could have been. I still liked it a little bit, though.

The Village, too. Lady in the Water was just awful.

Yeah what pissed me off about Happening was there were a couple of cool visual scenes, like the bodies fallin off the roof and the camera low angle, the dude and the lawnmower, some of that worked great, but ZERO worthy dialogue. Ugh.
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah what pissed me off about Happening was there were a couple of cool visual scenes, like the bodies fallin off the roof and the camera low angle, the dude and the lawnmower, some of that worked great, but ZERO worthy dialogue. Ugh.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm somewhat of an M. Night apologist. I think he has really, really good sci-fi/horror/thriller concepts in most of his films, but the writing and overall execution is more than lacking.

I just saw Devil last week. I expected nothing out of that because I figured there was no way he could make a movie that took place in a 6' by 6' space, but it actually wasn't unbearable. Maybe he needs to be confined like that.

Back
Top Bottom