Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

izzu5dv5duc81.jpg

Saw Scream 5 last night. Really enjoyed it and definitely think it was much better than 3, about on par with 4 but not nearly as good as 1 and 2. Movie was well paced and good jump scares and solid kills too. The new characters did mostly well and I liked how it was kind of a call back to the original. Had never heard the term "requel" until this film. Overall I'd give it 6/8

R.I.P. Dewey, was thinking he might have been the one out of the OG 3 to go out. I also wasn't surprised to see the killer was girl's bf, that was a callback to the OG. Also, Sidney is like the boogeyman on the good guy side lol, in 4 she was stabbed numerous times and this one stabbed multiple times. Also LOL at people getting stabbed 10+ times but the victims still being all there, guess they must have missed their head, neck and heart purposely, just going for belly stabs.

I don’t get why people think they’ve graduated to adult humor when it comes to Curb compared to Seinfeld. The idiosyncrasies of life don’t all need to be vulgar, that’s why Larry David and Larry Charles are geniuses.

Went to Nightmare Alley tonight with friends… the first Benicio movie I’ve ever seen.

First hour was phenomenal, then it dragged for an hour, and then, the last 20 minutes again were great.

4.5/8
Disappointment all over for this movie. I blame Bradley Cooper.

Finally saw The Last Duel last night.

NGL, went in with low expectations because I had heard so much bad about it. Maybe that helped me enjoy it, but enjoy it I did. I didn't realize I was watching Affleck till like halfway through. I didn't even know he was in it. I knew Damon & Driver. There was a scene close up on his face about halfway through and I was like...

"Wait is that Ben?! That is! Oh shhh!"

So yeah...

I didn't like that they showed the very beginning of the fight in the opening scene. As all 3 of the main characters were getting dressed and ready for the duel, I knew what was going on. Then you see the horses charge, and I thought it would cut away, begin the story. But they actually showed their first hits on each other. Might seem like a small thing, but I didn't like that.

I loved that the movie was the 3 chapters, "The truth according to..."

Perfect.

Thought the storytelling was choppy, that some things were over explained, and some were underexplained. Like they would jump forward in time a whole year or whatever and no explanation, just... here we are.

As far as executing their characters:
- Driver. Kiiiinda carried the film.
- Cromer. I really struggled to not see Winona Ryder, though. 🤣 Not her fault. She nailed her character, though.
- Damon. Meh.
- Batman. Super meh. I mean he's a French nobleman who bangs everything that moves. Not that hard of a role, and yet I think it could have been done better, more frivolous.

Overall, towards the final scenes, I was left wondering "Why?"
- Why did we make this movie? Was this to highlight the stark difference in their time and ours regarding rape & chauvinism? Because I saw more similarities than differences.
- Was it just to get Damon & Driver together, see what happens? Because what happened was kinda underwhelming.
- Was Ridley just bored? 🤣

5.99/8

-foe

Went to Nightmare Alley tonight with friends… the first Benicio movie I’ve ever seen.

First hour was phenomenal, then it dragged for an hour, and then, the last 20 minutes again were great.

4.5/8
Pretty much my assessment. Great ending though. Just didn't really enjoy the act with Cate Blanchett.

Also how have you never seen any other Benico movies? Do yourself a favor and watch Traffic and Sicario when you have a chance.

R.I.P. Louie Anderson. Life With Louie was one of my go to cartoons growing up. Saw a couple episodes of Baskets and thought it was really funny, prob get back to it soon.

Back
Top Bottom