Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

My 2 favorite go to sleep movies are Se7en and Sleepy Hollow. Both just really dark and pretty quiet in the beginning. Also 2 of my favorite movies in general.

For me it would be Road to Perdition or Wind River.

Something about the winter/snow that knocks me out.

I don’t really have a fall asleep movie, but my wife does. Used to be Unfaithful and currently is the movie where Omar Epps ends up stalking Nia Long’s married character.

Apparently she finds stories of marital infidelity relaxing :lol:

I don’t really have a fall asleep movie, but my wife does. Used to be Unfaithful and currently is the movie where Omar Epps ends up stalking Nia Long’s married character.

There’s no denying that those kind of stories make for good movies

I could see Unfaithful having folks doze off based on the setting. If I remember right it takes place mostly inside in their dark house or that dark apartment and when they're outside it's windy and overcast.

The Others would be another good one.

I could see Unfaithful having folks doze off based on the setting. If I remember right it takes place mostly inside in their dark house or that dark apartment and when they're outside it's windy and overcast.

The Others would be another good one.
Yeah, it’s dark with mostly drab background colors. And except for the sex scenes involves people having quiet conversations.

I can't go to sleep to no murder movies. I use The Office, wish the thread was still active for the random musings I come up with at the moment like how Pam aged terribly.

For me it would be Road to Perdition or Wind River.

Something about the winter/snow that knocks me out.
Road to perdition is an EXCELLENT fall asleep movie. That score is *chefs kiss*
I don’t have any but I could see it being Midnight In Paris or The Breakfast Club.

Midnight in Paris is a great one too. So whimsical. Plus soft, dark lighting. Easy zzz’s

The French Dispatch might be the most Wes Anderson movie ever :lol:
Been meaning to give my review

7/8

But all Wes really did here was literally took 3 or 4 episodes about different stories qnd made it one movie revolving around that newspaper :lol:

While clearly getting the stories I was left wondering where is all of this going?

Last edited:
I turn off everything when I go to sleep, so I don't have a comfort/sleep time show or movie.

My wife however......falls asleep to them forensic files, first 48, serial killer this or that, yea, I sleep with one eye open just in case. :lol:

If she watches Forensic Files she's a great catch.

I have terrible vision and can't sleep in contacts so falling asleep to something isn't an option for me :lol: always worried I'll fall asleep with my glasses on and break them or something.
I do prefer pitch black/no sound or just fan noise when I try to fall asleep to though.

Last edited:
I have terrible vision and can't sleep in contacts so falling asleep to something isn't an option for me :lol: always worried I'll fall asleepith my glasses on and break them or something.
I do prefer pitch black/no sound or just fan noise when I try to fall asleep to though.

100%. My two main reasons for getting lasik will be, 1.) So I can doze off without my glasses on watching something because of the hazard of breaking them and even if not, that **** is NOT comfortable, and then 2.) When I wake up in the morning, I want the first thing I see to not be a BLUR as I wonder where I am and look for where I set the glasses.

I'm not really watching for the most part unless I just give up on sleeping. I need some sort of white noise, pure silence can be rough with tinnitus.

I'm a side and stomach sleeper, I cannot fall asleep with my glasses on for either, and you can be on your side watching the tele... y'all are so fortunate...

Broke down and watched Winning Time and Super Pumped.

Winning Time i can't get into it it's too campy everyone is some over the top caricature of the person they are playing.

Super Pumped is good, but doesn't do a good job of actually telling the story. Episode one they are trying to make it, by episode two they've already made it and are about to start beefing with Lyft and they've barely explained anything.

I also hate how both shows the characters stop and talk to the viewers.

Ready…aim…
1646703607550.gif

I have terrible vision and can't sleep in contacts so falling asleep to something isn't an option for me :lol: always worried I'll fall asleepith my glasses on and break them or something.

Yeah, I need a little white noise in the background. I don't like complete silence for some reason. I'll do fan and actually have one of those white noise machines. LOL.

I don't like having the TV on when I'm actually trying to sleep because the light flashing keeps me up.

The Star Treks are cool too because they have background white noise on the ships plus the little beeps and books.

Back
Top Bottom