Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

A8949413-EE80-4D81-9211-347B79B3D235.jpeg
funny I was re-watching this a couple of days ago. so cool back then. also, Gabrielle Anwar.

Attachments

• If-Looks-Could-Kill-1991-1.jpg
    If-Looks-Could-Kill-1991-1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 23
Two things that randomly popped into my head...

1) A few pages back someone mentioned the 3 Ninjas. I always wondered, can someone really slip and fall on a bunch of jelly beans? Do those physics check out?!?!?!?

2) One month out from the season 4 finale and it dawned on me: The Duffer Bros really brought out the dang book of Revelations for Stranger Things :lol: I wonder how the heck they are going to close that out, given that the end of the season looked like the (literal) end of the world

An Honest Thief
Jack Reacher
28 Days Later
Elysium
The Gray Man
Mission Impossible 2 and start moving forward on that, having only seen the first in 98 or whenever.

What sayeth ye? To you guys, do any of these stand out as far and away better than the others if someone hasn't seen any? #movienight

My last choice was The Mist the other night, so suffice it to say I don't trust myself right now.

-foe

28 Days later is probably my favorite out this group

Never watched it. But am a big fan of both Arnett and Forte, so will check it out.

Went pretty under the radar but rented it on a whim in high school with my friend and smoked berfore watching and we were dying. It's become a personal favorite since

Two things that randomly popped into my head...

1) A few pages back someone mentioned the 3 Ninjas. I always wondered, can someone really slip and fall on a bunch of jelly beans? Do those physics check out?!?!?!?

On a hard floor definitely. Also, Snyder really could crush Brown’s head until slimy ooze comes out of his eyeballs.

Rocky got old.

F7986756-9557-4D85-9F44-584923EFACB6.jpeg

An Honest Thief
Jack Reacher
28 Days Later
Elysium
The Gray Man
Mission Impossible 2 and start moving forward on that, having only seen the first in 98 or whenever.

What sayeth ye? To you guys, do any of these stand out as far and away better than the others if someone hasn't seen any? #movienight

My last choice was The Mist the other night, so suffice it to say I don't trust myself right now.

-foe

Jack Reacher is epic, especially if you go in blind.

Def do MI3,4,5,6 to get ready for 7 next year. You will not be disappointed.

Gray Man is excellent mindless fun.

Listen to this man.

Reacher if you if you want 90 mins of fun MI2 if you're ready for the crack marathon

Listen to this man.

Reacher if you if you want 90 mins of fun MI2 if you're ready for the crack marathon
Tomorrow after yard work. 28 Days right now.

90 min of fun that doesn't cost a couple hundred sounds great.

-foe

warrior - 6.5/8
enjoyed the movie. joel and hardy were great. wish there was a little more backstory and show life after the tourney.

midsommar - 7/8
what did i just watch. disturbing but kept my full attention. florence was great. cinematography was really good. colors and lighting were a1 and a good contrast to the dark story. needed some more dialogue about beliefs.

gray man - 6.5/8
i enjoy it for what it was. turned off my brain and enjoyed the action. evans was really good being the bad guy. nice to see him outside of marvel. ryan and armas had good chemistry. would of like more backstory to ryans character and post story after final scene.
Warrior made me cry at the end when the song kicks in. Straight tears streaming down my face

Reactions: sb
Not that I’ve been putting this film off, but it’s finally crawled right up into my lap at 2am, so I’m going to watch it. (Early morning while everyone is asleep is also one of the creepiest times to watch a Horror film)

Sidenote: If the sound is as disorienting and emotionally uncomfortable as Gene Parks MIDSOMAR, I’m about to be wild anxious for the next few hours. Might have to plug in a nightlight(kidding/not kidding)
HEREDITARY

Joint definitely delivered in the emotionally uncomfortable and anxiously watching, waiting rather-for the next ominous background sound or music.

Ari Aster has mastered, absolutely mastered “his sound” in FILM.

For him to use Lewis Goldstein/ Tom Ryan on this and Gene Kelly on Midsommar and get them both to create this sound that is almost as powerful as what your seeing on the screen tells me that SOUND is all him, he could probably get it out of most professionals.

This FILM does not hit as hard were it not for the sound. Hopefully that doesn’t take away from Asters script or directing or Toni Colettes performance because those were all Elite too- but the SOUND, another level once again.

Last edited:
…..and just like I did with MIDSOMMAR and The VVitch, I watched them B2b with no pause.

Easter Eggs and Hints and Foreshadowing of all likes are loitering around every corner and in every scene, every one. Not one shot is without cause.

I felt like I was the one stuck. OMG what a mind screw.
All I wanted was a little Imogen Poots, instead I got trapped in Suburbia.

Back
Top Bottom