Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

@TURBO UNO
WCW! 🔥
1660747472055.jpeg
👌

Hard to argue against Moonlight.

The moonlight poster is cool. I saw the movie the year it came out. Was happy to see Mahershala Ali take home the academy award for best supporting actor. Also, Barry Jenkins is a talented filmmaker imo

No Guy Ritchie though :frown:

"On top of that, franchise star Robert Downey Jr. and his wife Susan Downey are also developing two shows set in the Sherlock Holmes universe for HBO Max. Despite all that, Sherlock Holmes 3 is still in the works. Hopefully, this production date sticks and we get to see the film FINALLY move forward."

I started watching the first RDJ Sherlock film some time ago, fell asleep about half way through and never revisited. Have been meaning to but just never got around to it. Am I missing out?

MajinZuub MajinZuub Neva seen those films. They any good?

I started watching the first RDJ Sherlock film some time ago, fell asleep about half way through and never revisited. Have been meaning to but just never got around to it. Am I missing out?

I think both are definitely worth watching. Really fun movies that get pretty dark at times.

Stayed up to watch Top Gun: Maverick last night and damn the hype was real. The moment I heard the beginning of the Top Gun theme, I was juiced.

I thought it was funny how Tom Cruise's still shot in the credits was him shirtless during the beach scene and everyone else wasn't lolol.
Too bad no bromance.

I wouldn't say it's RDJs best work. They pretty much run around the category of Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter, Hansel and Gretel witchunters and Frankenstein watchamacallit.

I disagree with everyone on MI2. It might have been the "worst of them" but it was still a solid movie, and ironically, it is the ONLY film where Ethan Hunt in fact works for Impossible Mission Forces. :lol: He's disavowed in all the other films and working outside their law. In MI2, he's not under any scrutiny and working with their blessing for a change. Maybe that's why y'all don't like it. :lol:

I disagree with everyone on MI2. It might have been the "worst of them" but it was still a solid movie, and ironically, it is the ONLY film where Ethan Hunt in fact works for Impossible Mission Forces. :lol: He's disavowed in all the other films and working outside their law. In MI2, he's not under any scrutiny and working with their blessing for a change. Maybe that's why y'all don't like it. :lol:
Which is why it wasn't an MI film.

10 years ago today, one of the GOAT animated movies released. LAIKA had one hell of a run but I think stop motion animation takes far too much time for streaming services to keep them afloat. Without the ability to quickly churn out films, you can’t afford to have big misses. 1 or 2 missteps could bankrupt your company.

ANYWAYS, I’m looking forward to their next film WILDWOOD, set in the Pacific Northwest. Heard it’s gonna be dark and I’m all in.

10 years ago today, one of the GOAT animated movies released. LAIKA had one hell of a run but I think stop motion animation takes far too much time for streaming services to keep them afloat. Without the ability to quickly churn out films, you can’t afford to have big misses. 1 or 2 missteps could bankrupt your company.

ANYWAYS, I’m looking forward to their next film WILDWOOD, set in the Pacific Northwest. Heard it’s gonna be dark and I’m all in.

I give Coraline a slight edge over Paranorman; but both are excellent.

Have Qubo on Blu-Ray but haven’t watched in it’s entirety yet. I need to get on that.

I give Coraline a slight edge over Paranorman; but both are excellent.

Have Qubo on Blu-Ray but haven’t watched in it’s entirety yet. I need to get on that.

Coroline is my favorite of all the Laika films for sure. went to a meet & greet a few years back with the lead animators. Learned so much about the process that I fell even more in love with the company.
96F58DB2-4BEC-4924-9C4E-13DDF3670F1B.jpeg

I don’t know if everybody knows how they’re made, but the gist of it is that they use 3d printers to make the resin body parts and they are laid over metal frames. They print off new faces for every different facial expression. For. Every. Single. Frame. So just one sentence can take like 50-100 still shots for however many different facial contortions.

I’ve never seen the missing link.

You need to finish Kubo ASAP. Especially if you got it chilling on blu-ray, I bet it looks PHENOMENAL!!

she was hot back then. last movie I remember that I watched with her in it was "2 Days in the Valley". a Hot Charlize Theron was in it as well. also, that asian masseuse chick was hot as well. damn scene was hot eventhough it was more of a teaser.

If you liked it then sure. Ritchie’s Sherlock movies have to be something that’s your bag.

In certain ways they are like Jack Sparrow and the Pirates movies. Wild yet well made (not all of the Pirates movies).

Back
Top Bottom