Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The last thing I wan't to be in unfair. Maybe I was using a poor choice of words when I said terrible.

But I do believe in being honest. For example: Suppose someone said something along the lines of: Keanu Reeves is a kind, down to earth, respectable person, though I would consider his acting skills to be below average. Especially when compared to the likes of all the talent out there.

Would you object to that statement?

Or if you prefer a more direct approach: Do you think Keanu Reeves is a good actor?
Yes, I think Keanu Reeves is a "good" actor. Generally speaking, he contirbutes to the movies he's in being enjoyable. Similar to what calibeebee calibeebee was saying, that makes him "good" to me.

But I recognize that there is a difference between good and great. Denzel, Daniel Day Lewis, Gary Oldman, Ed Norton are great actors. There's not many actors on that level. Keanu isn't, but to me that doesn't mean he's not good. And there's plenty of actors that are inferior to Keanu.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, except Keanu, which actor you find horrible overall and which one do you think is best for you?
Oh boy. 🤣😬
Ben Stiller
Jack Black
Will Ferrell
Sasha Baron Cohen or whatever
Seth Rogan (except for Knocked Up)
I can't stand Will Ferrell (except Elf), Keanu (except Matrix), Sandra Bullock (except nothing). Used to couldn't stand Leo then CMIYC started to turn me around and Wolf/Gatsby/Revenant sealed the deal to where I'm a huge fan now.

But yes. Not a huge fan of Will Smith, either. Seth Rogan, Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, I liked when they just had bit parts in movies, not leads.
I think I've mentioned this before but there are certain actors and actresses that just, they just make my skin crawl. Cage is one of them.

Cage
Tom Cruise
Will Ferrell
early Leo
Maya Rudolph
Keanu Reeves
Melissa McCarthy

I really struggle with them. 😂😬
👀🤷‍♂️

Yes, I think Keanu Reeves is a "good" actor. Generally speaking, he contirbutes to the movies he's in being enjoyable. Similar to what calibeebee calibeebee was saying, that makes him "good" to me.

But I recognize that there is a different between good and great. Denzel, Daniel Day Lewis, Gary Oldman, Ed Norton are great actors. There's not many actors on that level. Keanu isn't, but to me that doesn't mean he's not good. And there's plenty of actors that are inferior to Keanu.
100%

And Let Cage Cage

FF3DF8F7-B29E-43AE-8163-69120CFABF96.jpeg

It’s gotta be a movie I haven’t seen, like Hardball for him :lol:
jpzx jpzx Well it’s official. I’ve seen Hardball. Thanks my friend. It was good.

To state the obvious: Yes, Diane Lane is hot.

Fun movie with a good story. Keanu was like able (when isn’t he?), John Hawkes was cool.

Had me bobbing my head to Big Poppa in sync with Keanu 😂

And most importantly, your quotes were on point. Perfect. 🔥

6/8

jpzx jpzx Well it’s official. I’ve seen Hardball. Thanks my friend. It was good.

To state the obvious: Yes, Diane Lane is hot.

Fun movie with a good story. Keanu was like able (when isn’t he?), John Hawkes was cool.

Had me bobbing my head to Big Poppa in sync with Keanu 😂

And most importantly, your quotes were on point. Perfect. 🔥

6/8
That was MY Diane Lane movie, It’s another side of him that I loved, that’s awesome. I owe you a movie too whenever 👏

never like Seth Rogan. felt the guy only got an acting gig thru the Jewish connections. he's cringy AF.
Ben Stiller is mediocre although have to give him props for making funny films and could be funny as well.
Jack Black - loved him in The Jackal. especially in that scene where he was shredded into pieces. :rofl:
Will Ferrell - not good although give him props for some funny films. Elf, Talladega Nights, Daddy's Home, Land of the Lost, Bewitched, AnchorMan 1 & 2, Blades of Glory, Ladies Man.

Crazy Nic is ok in my books especially when his character is going crazy. notable films, Bad Lieutenant and Lord of War. although his best film in my opinion would be 8MM.
Melissa M is overacting a lot which is annoying is hell. give it 5 notches down.
I guess with Leo being unlikable is due to Titanic. never loved the film and felt it is overrated than for what it actually is. it was the Twilight of the 90s. mature and older Leo though is great. his best movie for me was Shutter Island followed by Gatsby then Revenant.

someone who I hate a lot would be Amy Schumer. dry AF and doesn't have any acting nor comedic chops. guess we can credit the Jewish connection again with her.

That was MY Diane Lane movie, It’s another side of him that I loved, that’s awesome. I owe you a movie too whenever 👏
All Time Diane Lane favorite movie.....

Attachments

• MV5BNmM4MjZlNjYtODViZC00MWY5LWJhODMtMDdlN2VlMGI1ZDAzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY4MjE1MDA@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BNmM4MjZlNjYtODViZC00MWY5LWJhODMtMDdlN2VlMGI1ZDAzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY4MjE1MDA@._V1_.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 130
Why aren’t there more BBW actresses? Sometimes I wanna see some junk in the trunk.
Because movie studios very much are beholden to traditional Western notions of attractiveness and fitness, so people who don't fit that standard don't have the same opportunities for roles and people who do. And the whole thing is probably exascerbated by the fact there's a correlation between BBW figures and being a woman of color and it's known Hollywood doesn't give the same opportunities to non-whites.

My guess is there's lots of BBW actresses out there, but they're mostly just relegated to smaller, supporting roles.

Back
Top Bottom