Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

And, to be technical, RDJ didn’t “play a black guy” in Tropic Thunder. He played a white method actor playing a black role in the film within the film. So it clearly was a satire on method acting, which is part of why (some) people were ok with it.

If there’s not more to RDJ playing a Mexican in Foxx’s movie than Jamie being amused by it, might not have been the best idea.

Starting up
1660968052081.jpeg

I'm talking about music. Not actions.
So still not an object.

But I know you like to argue so I didn't really expect a genuine attempt at understanding.
Perhaps you don't know who Roy Hamilton is which wouldn't be a surprise.
😂🤣 Why wouldn't that be a surprise? Finish that thought.
Acknowledging that you are a thief does not suddenly make you not a thief :lol: Sounds like some pretty wicked logic to excuse what you've done.
Agreed. That has nothing to do with our conversation, though, because I never presented that weird line of thinking.

I presented that... actually... I didn't present anything to this point. I asked if 'acknowledging that intellectual property should be credited to someone other than yourself' is still stealing. Still unanswered. Lots of dancing, though... like Elvis.

I agree that not acknowledging that you are a thief does not make you not a thief. Similarly, though, a bunch of people saying that you're a thief doesn't make you a thief. This is where discussion of stealing comes in, a discussion I'm seeeing so few are willing to have on this topic. Pitchforks in hand, intellectual, critical thinking be damned!
I'm talking about literal music (and swag and style; again not actions).
Are they... things? Can you hold them? Are they... people? Locations? I didn't know we would have elementary grammar studies, but a noun is still a person, place, thing, or... idea. So us taking about ideas instead of verbs (actions) still works for the initial point I was making, which is that we're not talking about things, like a TV in your initial question.

This is going to go nowhere, though. Last words: all yours.

-foe

Bronson Bronson I hate to be the one to break it to you but I’ve seen it.

What’s Up Magazine

Pizza Guy looks like he could use a good meal, should’ve just paid him

You done broke my duck hand

Whitaker was on his **** in this movie

Nice shoes STU… you hung up STU

Bronson Bronson I hate to be the one to break it to you but I’ve seen it.

What’s Up Magazine

Pizza Guy looks like he could use a good meal, should’ve just paid him

You done broke my duck hand

Whitaker was on his **** in this movie

Nice shoes STU… you hung up STU
Glad you’ve seen it! 🔥

1661014547076.gif

“Isn’t it funny? You hear a phone ring, and it could be anybody. But a ringing phone has to be answered, doesn’t it? Doesn’t it?”

“I can’t wait to see you explain this to a ******* Suffolk County Jury you ******* **** sucker this is gonna be ******* fun.”
1661016253807.gif

Read another article related to the All-Star Weekend movie. Mentioned that Jamie plays multiple roles in it including “a racist white cop”. Trying to get his personal Klumps on it seems.

Boyz N The Hood
Goodfellas
Jurassic Park
Independence Day
Rush Hour
Se7en
Speed
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
The Lion King
The Shawshank Redemption

I watched all of “The Resort” on Peacock. Tired it because I like Nick Offerman and Skyler Gisondo and they’re in it. Expected a dark comedy, which I guess it is, but has a more dramatic core than anticipated. Flashbacks and time irregularities are a big component.

Despite the heavy Lost vibes I got from it, I liked it and am in if they do a second season.

Back
Top Bottom