Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Tonight’s movie
1662930089072.png

Watching my first Studio Ghibli film, My Neighbor Totoro. It’s cute. I think I’ll check out a few more, what are y’alls favorites?
Spirited away and howls moving castles are both some of my personal favorites and are considered in the topppppp maybe 300 films ever made.

Prince monoke is critically acclaimed but I found it too serious, dark, and violent. I like the whimsy of Ghibli films, more than the parallels to real life tragedy.

I'm watching a new show on starz about queen catherine and it's the 1500s and they have Italian and French people talking in British accents. SMH. I hate how that's become the default accent for shows and movies set in old Europe. The fantasy genre does it too. The show Barbarians on netflix actually has Roman soldiers speaking a form of Latin. Nice to see a show do that.

I'm watching a new show on starz about queen catherine and it's the 1500s and they have Italian and French people talking in British accents. SMH. I hate how that's become the default accent for shows and movies set in old Europe. The fantasy genre does it too. The show Barbarians on netflix actually has Roman soldiers speaking a form of Latin. Nice to see a show do that.
just watched The Huntsman: Winter's War the other day out of boredom. god awful convoluted portrayal of the actors trying to do british, irish , scottish accents. not sure why they even did that as it was unnecessary and might as well just spoke in their own common accents. just listening to it was extremely cringy and it's not even funny.

That script needed a lot more editing. Way too silly / goofy.

Yeah, makes the movie a bit weird. For the first two acts it’s basically a comedy with a little action thrown in. Then the lady act is completely serious/sad.

Someone moving gave me a box of like 50 DVDs. Wanted you guys' opinion on some that I hadn't seen but were of note to me either because I had heard of them or the actors or whatever:
  • Let Me In; Chloe Grace, rated 7.1 on iMDB.
  • The Man with the Iron Fists (ummmm, what do they mean 'Quentin Tarantino presents'? It's directed by RZA.)
  • Red Dragon (Hopkins & Norton?! 😳)
  • League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
  • Leprechaun 1-4 (4 is... in SPACE?! 🤣🤣😂🤦‍♂️)
  • Freedomland
What'chall think?

-foe

Yeah, makes the movie a bit weird. For the first two acts it’s basically a comedy with a little action thrown in. Then the lady act is completely serious/sad.
Yeah, they were blatant with the losing love and needing love message. No balance to the movie.

Seems like they had a bit more balanced movie but something changed. Plus there were other things like Lena Headey's part being cut etc.

Someone moving gave me a box of like 50 DVDs. Wanted you guys' opinion on some that I hadn't seen but were of note to me either because I had heard of them or the actors or whatever:
  • The Man with the Iron Fists (ummmm, what do they mean 'Quentin Tarantino presents'? It's directed by RZA.)
  • Freedomland
What'chall think?

-foe
If you haven't watched "let the right one in", Let Me In is a good flick. Red Dragon is also good. I like League of XG. Any Leprechaun movie for me is entertaining. 😆

• Freedomland
What'chall think?

-foe
Never saw Let Me In. Directed by Matt Reeves though.

The Man with the Iron Fists is executive produced by QT. He and Raw are cool.

League of Extraordinary Gentleman will always be a dope movie. Think it was Connery's last movie.

Red Dragon is a part of the Hannibal movie series. Its good

Leprechaun :lol: Watch for fun or when you want to watch some bad movies.

• Freedomland
What'chall think?

-foe
Red dragon = YASSS

Leprechaun 1: Enjoy the eye candy that is Jennifer Aniston 😩😩❤️

Fifty DVDs.
1663009026223.gif

How generous. You’re a lucky man, Ska 🔥

• Freedomland
What'chall think?

-foe

So, Red Dragon is basically a scene for scene remake of Manhunter. (Starring the CSI guy, William Peterson.) It's solid.

Tarantino presents is just a fancy way of them saying Tarantino liked the film. He didn't produce it, or write it, or direct it, but he liked it, so he's allowing them to use his name to garner interest.

Lastly, since they are just DVD's and not Blu Rays, throw them out.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom