Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Speaking of the Skarsgards I saw Barbarian last night which has Bill (Pennywise in IT) in the film. It was kind of a slow burn at first and then the second half sort of explains things but leaves many details very vague. It was a decent horror flick with a few good bits here and there but just didn't deliver for me. I'd give it a 5/8.

Tarantino presents is just a fancy way of them saying Tarantino liked the film. He didn't produce it, or write it, or direct it, but he liked it, so he's allowing them to use his name to garner interest.
I'm ngl, I love Quentin, but that's horrible. 😂

-foe

1663026528503.jpeg

God Damn, Jean Smart looks amazing at the Emmy's
She has to be 70 (71 btw)
She is trying to give the Queen Hellen Mirren a run for her money.
Jane Seymour looking right too.

Red Dragon is basically a scene for scene remake of Manhunter. (Starring the CSI guy, William Peterson.) It's solid.

Tarantino presents is just a fancy way of them saying Tarantino liked the film. He didn't produce it, or write it, or direct it, but he liked it, so he's allowing them to use his name to garner interest.
The Manhunter movie -- which I think The Ringer did a Rewatchables on -- doesn't have a scene with brain dinner though, hopefully (I'll probably never see Red Dragon)? Or anything close to that?

And if it's Tarantino presents does he at least do like a prologue, like Tom did before Top Gun: Maverick, "Hey guys, welcome to...." because I want Tarantino to present the film if it's Tarantino presents.

The Manhunter movie -- which I think The Ringer did a Rewatchables on -- doesn't have a scene with brain dinner though, hopefully (I'll probably never see Red Dragon)? Or anything close to that?

And if it's Tarantino presents does he at least do like a prologue, like Tom did before Top Gun: Maverick, "Hey guys, welcome to...." because I want Tarantino to present the film if it's Tarantino presents.

Brain dinner is Hannibal, if that's the scene I think you're talkin about. I don't remember one in Red Dragon.

No, no Prologue. Just his name attached. Not sure why they do it. Maybe just a way to help a studio promote?

RZA is friend's with QT, think it's just as simple as him attaching his name to the movie to help it do well

I’m watching Death Proof tonight for the first time.

If this isn’t the worst film Tarantino ever made, then I’d love to know what is.

Granted I’m not the world’s biggest Tarantino fan, but this just seems like a roadhouse vanity project where a big time director was given a green light to indulge all of his worst cinematic fantasies.

On the other hand, I actually really liked Planet Terror.

I’m watching Death Proof tonight for the first time.

If this isn’t the worst film Tarantino ever made, then I’d love to know what is.

Granted I’m not the world’s biggest Tarantino fan, but this just seems like a roadhouse vanity project where a big time director was given a green light to indulge all of his worst cinematic fantasies.

On the other hand, I actually really liked Planet Terror.

In fairness......(please note, I am not arguing if this is his worst film or not, it might be, HOWEVER......)

In this worst film on his resume he manages to introduce 4 leads, 4 female leads, build up a story, follow it, then halfway thru kill them all, and start all over with 4 more female leads. And it actually flows. :nerd:

Is there another film in history that has pulled that off? 🤔

Now, is it his worst? Maybe.

Pulp
R Dogs
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill 1
Kill Bill 2
Django
Once Upon
Inglorious
Hateful Eight
Death Proof

I mean......it's not exactly the knock it sounds like. Death Proof would probably be Michael Bays 3rd best film. :lol:

Last edited:
Death Proof is probably my fave QT film but I haven’t seen Kill Bill Vol 2 or Hateful 8. It doesn’t overstay it’s welcome to me the way his other movies tend to and doesn’t have story lines I’m not invested in. All the car chase sequences/stunts (particularly at the end) remind me of the types of movies my dad watched when I was growing up. And I have a soft spot in my heart for exploitation movies and love that a world renowned director basically made a love letter to the genre.

In fairness......(please note, I am not arguing if this is his worst film or not, it might be, HOWEVER......)

In this worst film on his resume he manages to introduce 4 leads, 4 female leads, build up a story, follow it, then halfway thru kill them all, and start all over with 4 more female leads. And it actually flows. :nerd:

Is there another film in history that has pulled that off? 🤔

Now, is it his worst? Maybe.

Pulp
R Dogs
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill 1
Kill Bill 2
Django
Once Upon
Inglorious
Hateful Eight
Death Proof

I mean......it's not exactly the knock it sounds like. Death Proof would probably be Michael Bays 3rd best film. :lol:
What I hate most are the nonstop meta-references to his own movies.

It reeks of self-indulgent arrogance.

…Quentin Tarantino loves him some Quentin Tarantino.

Death Proof is probably my fave QT film but I haven’t seen Kill Bill Vol 2 or Hateful 8. It doesn’t overstay it’s welcome to me the way his other movies tend to and doesn’t have story lines I’m not invested in. All the car chase sequences/stunts (particularly at the end) remind me of the types of movies my dad watched when I was growing up. And I have a soft spot in my heart for exploitation movies and love that a world renowned director basically made a love letter to the genre.
D72DE808-B200-4FF8-A173-CD9A792694C3.gif

what a time to waltz into this thread, Death Proof slander 😭
anyway, R.I.P. Jean Luc Goddard. Went through a heavy French new wave phase a while ago.
Tarantino's production company A Band Apart is actually named after one of his films

what a time to waltz into this thread, Death Proof slander 😭
anyway, R.I.P. Jean Luc Goddard. Went through a heavy French new wave phase a while ago.
Tarantino's production company A Band Apart is actually named after one of his films

I read that Death Proof was one of his favorite films.

...rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom