Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I don’t see how one could watch Nightcrawler or Love and Other Drugs and not recognize Jake Gylenhal as the best Man in the Business. I don’t know who else I’d put that far up there with him. Truly in a League of his own.

This may be hard to swallow but believe me, it’s even harder to say. Huge Oscar Isaac fan, Denzel has cranked out some Masterpieces, but Jake took the Cake.

1665035373243.gif

Old Henry

Damn this was good. Slow burn, but the payoff exceeded any of my expectations. I knew it would eventually pick up and get a interesting, but had no idea it would be as great as it was. This is a must watch.

The first scene of Henry and his son Wyatt shows Henry digging a ditch while his son helps & complains. In the end, there's a scene with Wyatt hugging his fathers grave which he obviously had to dig himself. Brilliant movie.

Old Henry

Damn this was good. Slow burn, but the payoff exceeded any of my expectations. I knew it would eventually pick up and get a interesting, but had no idea it would be as great as it was. This is a must watch.

The first scene of Henry and his son Wyatt shows Henry digging a ditch while his son helps & complains. In the end, there's a scene with Wyatt hugging his fathers grave which he obviously had to dig himself. Brilliant movie.
amazing movie. never knew it at first and ran out of interesting movies to watch, just like how I discovered John Wick. OLD HENRY whatever, I just started playing it. pacing was slow but the build-up was amazing. I said, damn this movie is a gem. funny thing is the main lead was Buster Scruggs ! :rofl:

Todays first. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of this movie. It must be pretty bad. But the cast is legit, so I’m going for it!
4AD344B7-001F-49BC-8971-4233E269041A.png
it was ok. could have been better which made it underwhelming. could have used a bit more action and scare scenes.

Well damn, I’m tired of seeing DIVERGENT on my screen. Time to finish this SERIES. I finally knocked out MAZE RUNNER so, might as well dead this **** too.
I just couldn't finish it. it just became too corny for me.

So I watched the Tom Clancy movies (Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger and Sum of All Fears) in 4K and I have to be honest with you guys, I think Harrison Ford's depiction of Tom Ryan was IMO the weakest. Watching him in those movies was like watching an old guy try to play a young man's game.
for me, it was Ben Affleck. Ford did alright.

for me, it was Ben Affleck. Ford did alright.

Ben was terrible as well. Alec Baldwin was the best IMO. I liked Ford but his movements were just old for an action hero. When Baldwin was chasing dude in the sub he looked the part. Ford looked like my Dad (if he were white) does when we hoop.

amazing movie. never knew it at first and ran out of interesting movies to watch, just like how I discovered John Wick. OLD HENRY whatever, I just started playing it. pacing was slow but the build-up was amazing. I said, damn this movie is a gem. funny thing is the main lead was Buster Scruggs ! :rofl:
I still haven't seen that Buster Scruggs movie. Heard good things tho.

it was ok. could have been better which made it underwhelming. could have used a bit more action and scare scenes.

Yeah the concept was super refreshing at first. Second half of the movie was pretty underwhelming like you said. I thought they could have expanded a lot more on the world building.

I wanted to know more about the daily intricacies of a majority vampire populated earth. I wanted MORE about daily living. MORE comparisons about what life is like for the remaining humans. They touched on things a little bit, but just not in depth enough. So the movie would be smart for a tiny bit, then over the top cheesy/corny shock violence for too long.

It was decently entertaining, but I can see now why nobody really talks about this movie. It was just a couple one-liners away from being a corny comedy horror, but not smart enough to be considered great in either category. Would watch again with friends.

Ps, I don’t know how much you remember from the movie, but Ethan hawks brother in the film was AWFUL. Waaaay too annoying of a character. They should have DEFINITELY cut his entire part out of the movie. Wasted storyline/ character arc. And a bad actor too. Not sure why they made him such a crucial part of the story. Could literally edit out all his scenes and it wouldn’t effect the story at all.

Yeah the concept was super refreshing at first. Second half of the movie was pretty underwhelming like you said. I thought they could have expanded a lot more on the world building.

I wanted to know more about the daily intricacies of a majority vampire populated earth. I wanted MORE about daily living. MORE comparisons about what life is like for the remaining humans. They touched on things a little bit, but just not in depth enough. So the movie would be smart for a tiny bit, then over the top cheesy/corny shock violence for too long.

It was decently entertaining, but I can see now why nobody really talks about this movie. It was just a couple one-liners away from being a corny comedy horror, but not smart enough to be considered great in either category. Would watch again with friends.

Ps, I don’t know how much you remember from the movie, but Ethan hawks brother in the film was AWFUL. Waaaay too annoying of a character. They should have DEFINITELY cut his entire part out of the movie. Wasted storyline/ character arc. And a bad actor too. Not sure why they made him such a crucial part of the story. Could literally edit out all his scenes and it wouldn’t effect the story at all.
well they have to have someone to screw it all up for Ethan Hawke. the moral dilemma though was ok. now thinking about it, I see the movie could have been a metaphor of how our society works and that the vampire aspect of it is just a symbolism of what we are as humans.

as far as vampire movies goes, this one is one of the greats.

Attachments

• 30 Days.jpg
    30 Days.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 143
Back
Top Bottom