Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

What’s the coldest line you’ve ever heard on film?

“The Thessalonian you’re fighting, he’s the biggest Man I’ve ever seen-I wouldn’t want to fight him”

“That’s why no one will remember your name”
-Achilles/TROY

Attachments

• luke.gif
    luke.gif
    956.2 KB · Views: 194
The Northman was SO bad. Easily could have been a blockbuster smash hit with the cast, cinematography, and public love for Viking/norse mythology. I’m putting the blame on the writers for this one. But the acting was amateur in some scenes so the director gets SOME blame as well.

But yeah, the main characters dad gets murdered by his uncle, mom gets raped and kidnapped by his uncle as well. So this main character kid grows up and rapes/murders entire villages for his occupation. Then wakes up one day in his mid 30’s and remembers “oh yeah, I should probably save my mom and avenge my dad by killing my uncle.

Why should I care about this main character? That storyline is awful. Should have been the first major red flag for all the actors who signed up for this snooze fest. No way in hell I could have sat through the entire thing in a theater.

2/8

Last edited:
The Northman was SO bad. Easily could have been a blockbuster smash hit with the cast, cinematography, and public live for Viking/norse mythology. I’m putting the blame on the writers for this one. But the acting was amateur in some scenes so the director gets SOME blame as well.

But yeah, the main characters dad gets murdered by his uncle, mom gets raped and kidnapped by his uncle as well. So this main character kid grows up and rapes/murders entire villages for his occupation. Then wakes up one day in his mid 30’s and remembers “oh yeah, I should probably save my mom and avenge my dad by killing my uncle.

Why should I care about this main character? That storyline is awful. Should have been the first major red flag for all the actors who signed up for this snooze fest. No way in hell I could have sat through the entire thing in a theater.

2/8

The story is literally what Hamlet was based off of :lol:

The story is literally what Hamlet was based off of :lol:

I get what you’re saying. The story is loosely based on hamlet. In hamlet Uncle kills dad and marries (legally) widow, takes control of kingdom, Son wants revenge. But obviously there’s a 200 page screenplay to The Northman that has 98% nothing to do with anything that happens in Shakespeare hamlet PLAY.

I don’t recall Hamlet playing whack-bat with anyone in the castle.
001DDEE8-5CA3-45B8-8829-1DEB9D785C5D.gif

a-friend a-friend I can’t think of the COLDEST line off the top of my head, but every line in pulp fiction could be a contender.

2 non pulp sentences that immediately pop up as particularly cold are:

“As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.”

And

“Now you’s CAN’T leave.”

Back
Top Bottom