Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Fienes killed it. His intensity and seriousness made the small little quips and jokes hit even harder. The whole cast did well. The jokes were well timed with the suspense and wondering what would happen next. Can't really find too many faults, this is one of my favorite of the year.

Don't read anything about it. Don't watch any more previews. Just go out there and see it. I think it's definitely worth a theater watch because my theater was cracking up and it made a big difference

pardon my misspellings due to speak to text. I've seen this described as like a reverse ratatouille in the end and I think that's very appropriate. The twist of her getting him to cook her a meal to reignite his love of cooking and to hopefully free. Her might have been predictable but I don't care. It was done well. I'm very glad they didn't free everybody and they just freed her cuz she earned it and she wasn't supposed to be there. Nicholas Hoult played his character perfectly. The foodie obsessed super fan who was actually doing more to hurt the culinary arts than to help. Oh my god when they put them in the kitchen and made him cook just the perfect sarcasm and terror. Holy crap that was funny. All the characters are great, especially the lead server front of housewoman. She was so funny and also intimidating and scary.

I didn't go with any expectations that it made a big difference. I thought it was going to be more of a horror movie than a black comedy. So when it was a black comedy I was very excited. I was cracking up the entire time and then for them to kind of Make the point that I could see where these people are coming from in doing this I don't know. I was oddly rooting for them in the end and the way Ralph Fienes and Anya Taylor Joy had that last interaction about the cheeseburger was just perfect

Need a cinematic experience stat. Been going through enough standard viewings lately

More in a bit but please go see The Menu.

So so good. Funny, tense, creepy, oddly poignant and deep. So good

Fienes killed it. His intensity and seriousness made the small little quips and jokes hit even harder. The whole cast did well. The jokes were well timed with the suspense and wondering what would happen next. Can't really find too many faults, this is one of my favorite of the year.

Don't read anything about it. Don't watch any more previews. Just go out there and see it. I think it's definitely worth a theater watch because my theater was cracking up and it made a big difference

pardon my misspellings due to speak to text. I've seen this described as like a reverse ratatouille in the end and I think that's very appropriate. The twist of her getting him to cook her a meal to reignite his love of cooking and to hopefully free. Her might have been predictable but I don't care. It was done well. I'm very glad they didn't free everybody and they just freed her cuz she earned it and she wasn't supposed to be there. Nicholas Hoult played his character perfectly. The foodie obsessed super fan who was actually doing more to hurt the culinary arts than to help. Oh my god when they put them in the kitchen and made him cook just the perfect sarcasm and terror. Holy crap that was funny. All the characters are great, especially the lead server front of housewoman. She was so funny and also intimidating and scary.

I didn't go with any expectations that it made a big difference. I thought it was going to be more of a horror movie than a black comedy. So when it was a black comedy I was very excited. I was cracking up the entire time and then for them to kind of Make the point that I could see where these people are coming from in doing this I don't know. I was oddly rooting for them in the end and the way Ralph Fienes and Anya Taylor Joy had that last interaction about the cheeseburger was just perfect

I thought it was pure fire too. Reviews were justified. The little bits of comedy was just right. Suspense was there, and the whole concept of the movie was interesting. Honestly one of my favorite movies of 2022 also.

:lol:
Screenshot_20221121-221436~2.jpg

“You listen to my phone calls!?”
“No, no, no honey. I would never do that. I’d never do that! I just read the transcripts, that’s all.”

Fast & Furious (4)... 😂😂🤣
Who has been in the conversation? MajinZuub MajinZuub , DeadsetAce DeadsetAce , jayt1202 jayt1202 , Master Zik Master Zik , C CP1708

I'll say more on MY opinions after Fast 5. CP, I'll give you this, though, and you'll like it: Again, I asked junior about his thoughts.
'Oh, easily the best one. I'd go 4, 2, 1, and I don't even count 3.'

me: Interesting. Why is 4 your favorite so far?

him: Because there was more of a story. It wasn't just 'Grrrr, angry car guy race angry car guy. I'm mad. Grrrr!' Like that girl died, Dom found out how but now he's in prison, but then the final scene was a good cliffhanger...

me: And why 2 over 1?

him: I really like Brian's character the best. I think he's a good actor. What'd you say his name was? Paul Walker? Is he in other movies? Is he still acting?

me, literally:

-foe

Fast & Furious (4)... 😂😂🤣
Who has been in the conversation? MajinZuub MajinZuub , DeadsetAce DeadsetAce , jayt1202 jayt1202 , Master Zik Master Zik , C CP1708

I'll say more on MY opinions after Fast 5. CP, I'll give you this, though, and you'll like it: Again, I asked junior about his thoughts.
'Oh, easily the best one. I'd go 4, 2, 1, and I don't even count 3.'

me: Interesting. Why is 4 your favorite so far?

him: Because there was more of a story. It wasn't just 'Angry guy race angry guy.' Like that girl died, Dom found out how but now he's in prison, but then the final scene was a good cliffhanger...

me: And why 2 over 1?

him: I really like Brian's character the best. I think he's a good actor. Is he in other movies?

me, literally:

-foe

And now........it begins. :nthat:

Fasten your seatbelts.

I told him. He was like 'Wait, in the movies?'

No, like in real life.

'How?!'

Ferrari. Hit a pole... very, very fast.

'Wait, you're not talking about the movies? Like you mean the actual actor? Not Brian?'

Yes, the actor. Paul Walker.

'He like actually died... going fast... in a car?'

Yep. Like for real. It was super sad. All over the news. People are still shook.

'Good thing he wasn't in Game of Thrones.'

What the... ? Why?

'Would you rather die by going fast in a car or by a dragon?'

Wwwwwoooooowww. Just... wwoooow. Holy ****. You shouldn't say that out loud, anywhere else. Ever.

And that's our house, folks. 👀😬🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

-foe

No, like in real life.

'How?!'

'Wait, you're not talking about the movies? Like you mean the actual actor? Not Brian?'

Yep. Like for real. It was super sad. All over the news. People are still shook.

What the... ? Why?

Wwwwwoooooowww. Just... wwoooow. Holy ****. You shouldn't say that out loud, anywhere else. Ever.

-foe

Other stuff he's in, Varsity Blues, The Skulls, Running Scared, She's All That are his most notable ones.

Stanger Bonding: You like the Home Alone movies?! Me too! Who’s your favorite character?

Me: The cab driver
1669134697762.jpeg

No, like in real life.

'How?!'

What the... ? Why?

-foe
:rofl: How old is this kid?

The disrespect of Paul Walker smh. He didn't even get a bit sad finding out he'd really died IRL? I get that it's very coincidental he died in a car crash but still...

Iono man. I def see it on Google, and there are rumors and connections to two girls, but no actual proof he was "dating" them. I suppose it is possible, but there wasn't a single story of this back when he was alive. For these stories to come out 10 years later seems fishy.

I remember a few stories about how quiet his dating life was after he and his BM split. I suppose it's possible the reason that was so quiet is their age.....? Like I said, I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom