Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

You don’t need a super expensive 4K player to see a huge difference either. Finished watching Scream in 4K and it looked great. Won’t comment on the movie itself other than I can understand why some people like it and others hate it. Those Not Another Teen Movie and Scary Movie Spoofs had me forgetting what was what. 😂

Let The Right One In

*sigh*

I mean, interesting concept. You don't really see vampire stories told through from the vantage point of a 12-year-old… (who's not really 12 but whatever).

I should have watched Red Sparrow with a-friend a-friend .
Film is a different kind of cool.
The insight to the Russian Caste system is always a good watch no matter the material.
It didn't hurt that Jennifer gets buck booty neks and you can see the under beard a bit.

It is truly a worthwhile endeavor. Movies in 4K sound and look so much better than streaming.
Yeah I use the PS5...so far only have Wick 3, Interstellar, Apocalypse Now, JW:Dominion, and a few animated movies (Croods and Toy Story 4). I caught the Blu Ray bug and bought so many and half of them are still in the packaging, so been trying not to do the same for 4k :lol:

Yeah I use the PS5...so far only have Wick 3, Interstellar, Apocalypse Now, JW:Dominion, and a few animated movies (Croods and Toy Story 4). I caught the Blu Ray bug and bought so many and half of them are still in the packaging, so been trying not to do the same for 4k :lol:
I hear ya on over collecting. I just pick up movies that I liked or movies that I never saw but want to see in 4K. This probably explains the randomness of my posts 😂.

I think the thing I appreciate most about film is Casting. It’s always a great sight to see two or more otherwise incompatible persons in and/or out of character be placed in situations that make them more than a match, or can set them to complement each other in rather charming ways.

A perfect example would be Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen in Long Shot.
Another great example is Oscar Isaac and Tiffany Haddish in Card Counter.

It’s pretty cool to watch unfold.

Currently

First time

1999’s The Haunting

Liam Neeson, Catherine Zera-Jones, and (!) Owen Wilson.

9DBBB73B-17B7-4DB1-88C2-3DF35EFA53FA.jpeg

Finished watching Air Force One in 4K and that movie delivers. Harrison Ford is so underrated for his action hero work in this one. Where I thought he was too old and slow in Patriot Games he was lean, active and ready to go in this one. Glenn Close was amazing and Gary Oldman was a bad guy that I found myself rooting for. Felt very patriotic when watching that film. 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇷🇺
AF1 is a good action flick, but I love the Jack Ryan films a lot.

So uhhh

Filmmaker and Hollywood producer Steven DeKnight is BREAKING UP with Jenna Ortega publicly:

CA1766E0-1B7C-44A0-8CA1-45E3174BE5FE.jpeg

997AF595-AA8D-45A3-932B-A723F0F48B3B.jpeg

0C348F95-5E37-48DB-93C9-0CE1A0A69E41.jpeg

Dude blasted her with the BEYOND TOXIC label :lol: the **** is this guy
have to take that comment with a grain of salt. could be true or he just wants some *** and got rejected.

AF1 is a good action flick, but I love the Jack Ryan films a lot.
I love the Jack Ryan films as well. My biggest gripe with Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger was that Harrison looked too old and slow to be playing a young Jack Ryan. In the Hunt for Red October, Sum of All Fears and even Shadow recruit we had lesser but younger actors playing Jack which made sense for the stunts and action in those films. Harrison Ford is one of my favorite actors of all time but I was expecting Indiana Jones Harry and didn't get that. In AF1 he was in confined spaces where he didn't need to run and do crazy things like in the Jack Ryan films so he looked great.

I’m at a work retreat and learned today that one of our attorneys is married to the Chairman and CEO of HBO. (A gay couple).

The HBO guy is here as a guest speaker.

No, I will not start e-mailing the husband complaints and/or show pitches.

I’m at a work retreat and learned today that one of our attorneys is married to the Chairman and CEO of HBO. (A gay couple).

The HBO guy is here as a guest speaker.

No, I will not start e-mailing the husband complaints and/or show pitches.
Ask him to make a profile and get in here for an AMA.

Then we can go direct with our complaints and/or show pitches 8)

Ask him to make a profile and get in here for an AMA.

Then we can go direct with our complaints and/or show pitches 8)
Pretty interesting so far. Was just talking about the conundrum of streaming and that they still are figuring out the best way to make the most money off it. Traditional cable apparently was/is way more profitable.

A couple more things he said this thread might be interested in -

Mike White just pitched him the 3rd season of White Lotus and he liked it.

New True Detective on the way starring Jodie Foster and set in Alaska

Next Euphoria season is currently being written.

Pretty interesting so far. Was just talking about the conundrum of streaming and that they still are figuring out the best way to make the most money off it. Traditional cable apparently was/is way more profitable.
So we can expect ads in the near future? Are they waiting to see how Netflix fares with their ad-based plans?

Tell him to get the rest of the A24 catalogue please :smile:

Back
Top Bottom