Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

One of the most unintentionally funny movies of all time. Literally every actor mailed it in on top of how bad it is :lol:
**** that movie. :lol:
So many people just didn't get this movie. It's brilliant. I distinctly remember talking about it on here but I think we have been on a different platform. I just remember offering my take on the movie which I felt like was pretty obvious and more than a few people were like "OOOOOOHHHH!!!! Hell I might have to rewatch it then. I didn't get that at all." And I said "It literally says that at the end of the movie..."

Love this movie; LOVE it.

I've never thought the Happening was as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's not good. But folks acted like it was House of the Dead or something.

Maybe that's because I was already on to M. Night and his B/S by then.

I honestly watched it for the kill scenes mostly.

I've never thought the Happening was as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's not good. But folks acted like it was House of the Dead or something.

Maybe that's because I was already on to M. Night and his B/S by then.

I honestly watched it for the kill scenes mostly.

"I can hear the wind thru the phone....."

Naw man, you hear me leavin the theater. **** was terrible. :smh:

So many people just didn't get this movie. It's brilliant. I distinctly remember talking about it on here but I think we have been on a different platform. I just remember offering my take on the movie which I felt like was pretty obvious and more than a few people were like "OOOOOOHHHH!!!! Hell I might have to rewatch it then. I didn't get that at all." And I said "It literally says that at the end of the movie..."

it's like "its so bad, it's so good" .

Anyone remember these 90's TV flicks?
I can't even recall how many times I saw parts of Summertime Switch and The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes. They'd play those on Disney and ABC all the time in the 90s. I remember thinking Rider Strong would be trash at bball in real life. Also, Patrick Renna (Ham Porter from Sandlot) still looks like a MS/HS'er in an adult body.

Wait, I could have missed something for sure! Thought it was the most laughably bad movie of all time when I watched it. What is this take you speak of? I’m pretty open minded. Or I might just rewatch it with a new lens.

calibeebee calibeebee you finish 2 yet? :nerd:

Yep………….

So the objective film critic in me, with all personal emotions and nostalgia removed, gives 2Fast a score of 2.5/8

The things that were great in the original, were done poorly in this sequel. We were invested in the characters and their storylines. Everything felt gritty and realistic. The action was innovative, and kept us on the edge of our seats. 2Fast got rid of the majority of the original cast, injected an idiotic Venezuelan/Miami cartel storyline (really?! Cole Hauser being Tony Montana?!!), and went super cheap with the action scenes. Went from a MOSTLY serious action thriller, to a cartoonish straight to dvd quality film with super corny comedy.

The kid in me that was 17 when this movie dropped in 2003 gives it a 6.9/8. Hilarious. Badass. Extremely dope. Movie was
just plain fun and not to be taken too serious. Same vibe as the Dukes of Hazard show. The boat jump scene made me jump outta my seat like “they did NOT just jump a damn car 50 feet in the air and land on a damn yacht!!”
D269E73E-FD58-4865-8314-D9C48DD75B5E.gif

So all in all, I’d say I was entertained and interested in seeing the 3rd one. I’ve heard Tokyo drift is the worst one.

Final rating of 2 Fast 2 Furious (average of objective me and 17 year old me) 4.7/8.

Wait, I could have missed something for sure! Thought it was the most laughably bad movie of all time when I watched it. What is this take you speak of? I’m pretty open minded. Or I might just rewatch it with a new lens.
What's your take on the movie? What's the point? What is...

The Happening?

Gonna have to watch The Happening high or something cause I remember it being god awful. I’ve only walked out of a movie one time but The Happening was sooooo bad I remember laughing through it the entire time with my HS buddies. I do remember dying when the kid got blasted with the shotgun on the porch

What's your take on the movie? What's the point? What is...

The Happening?

So from my memory of watching it in theaters……

Humans start going crazy in the head and killing themselves in the dumbest ways possible.

Marky mark is a school teacher or something? Can’t remember why we’re following him. Anyways he has theories. Thinks it’s the trees giving off toxins or something to protect themselves from humans? Then they thought it was the wind being poison or something?

Then all I remember is it ended up being none of those things. Marky mark didn’t die from whatever thing he was running from, and they never said what was killing people. The end.

Was that close? The point of the movie was completely lost on me. I felt I watched a pointless movie about a non-existent danger.

Yep………….

So the objective film critic in me, with all personal emotions and nostalgia removed, gives 2Fast a score of 2.5/8

The things that were great in the original, were done poorly in this sequel. We were invested in the characters and their storylines. Everything felt gritty and realistic. The action was innovative, and kept us on the edge of our seats. 2Fast got rid of the majority of the original cast, injected an idiotic Venezuelan/Miami cartel storyline (really?! Cole Hauser being Tony Montana?!!), and went super cheap with the action scenes. Went from a MOSTLY serious action thriller, to a cartoonish straight to dvd quality film with super corny comedy.

The kid in me that was 17 when this movie dropped in 2003 gives it a 6.9/8. Hilarious. Badass. Extremely dope. Movie was
just plain fun and not to be taken too serious. Same vibe as the Dukes of Hazard show. The boat jump scene made me jump outta my seat like “they did NOT just jump a damn car 50 feet in the air and land on a damn yacht!!”
D269E73E-FD58-4865-8314-D9C48DD75B5E.gif

So all in all, I’d say I was entertained and interested in seeing the 3rd one. I’ve heard Tokyo drift is the worst one.

Final rating of 2 Fast 2 Furious (average of objective me and 17 year old me) 4.7/8.

Tokyo may be considered "the worst"...... But it is also the most important. :wink:

And there are pieces that work. Just overall it lacks.

But I assure you, after 3, you can buckle your seatbelt and enjoy the rest of the ride......

I uh..

I watched the entire Once Upon A Time in Mexico movie not knowing there were prequels. Weirdly the movie can stand on its own. I’m an idiot must be—since I did the same thing when I saw Escape From LA five years ago.

Back
Top Bottom