Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Wasn’t my first time but it’s been a minute
1679419902439.jpeg

Mars was wild reckless, man :smh: Also, I feel like the ending was a bit rushed. Not saying they should have done more but it seemed like everything came to a head in a few minutes and the movie was over

Valid points about "high schoolers" in media.

But on the flip side, as someone who works with teenagers...I think people don't realize how weird/creepy it would be to watch actual high schoolers in these (oftentimes) overly mature situations, speaking dialogue written by adults :lol:

Don’t you guys love a good meal, followed by a good movie? They go hand in hand.

I prefer to eat while I'm watching. I don't know why.

Been rewatching Dopesick and damn they really did a nice jobs with this.

Question though. Why did Michael Keaton's character start taking oxy? Did I completely miss it? Seemed like he just randomly popped two pills without any context.

Last edited:
Valid points about "high schoolers" in media.

But on the flip side, as someone who works with teenagers...I think people don't realize how weird/creepy it would be to watch actual high schoolers in these (oftentimes) overly mature situations, speaking dialogue written by adults :lol:
True but the weirdest thing about what's preventing Hollywood from using teens in their movies more is simply child labor laws. Its just more trouble.

I prefer to eat while I'm watching. I don't know why.
When I’m snackin’ during a movie, I like to keep it strictly popcorn, primarily because it’s my favorite movie-related snack and I can eat it easily without taking my eyes off the screen.

It's also interesting how guy who played Drano (Antwon Tanner) in Sunset Park then played a HS'er 9 years later in Coach Carter lol. He was 29 in Carter.

I went down a Wikipedia rabbit hole and saw this interesting tidbit:
"Tanner was arrested on April 16, 2009, and was accused by federal authorities of "knowingly and intentionally" transferring Social Security cards "with intent to defraud".[3] On August 20, 2009 he pleaded guilty in federal court in Brooklyn to selling more than a dozen Social Security numbers for $10,000. He was handed a jail sentence of 3 months for the offense and had to report to prison by April 30, 2010"
Guess those B-C straight to stream movies just don't pay enough. He hasn't been in anything notable since Coach Carter unless you count Steppin in 07 (never saw it myself) haha.

Just started 2 Fast.

The prelude was a pretty important cut from the theatrical release. The girl looks mad familiar.

So far this movie is hillllarious! I’m not sure what studio exec is responsible for letting a movie get made with EVERY pop culture reference from the exact year it was filmed.

You got David Banner “Like a pimp” opening the movies. Ludacris with the giant Afro. Everybody wearing platinum spinning chains. Paul Walker enters the film wearing a white tall tee and saying “what up cuh?”

Eva Mendes is in this?!!!! What the hell?!

Why do I get the feeling this movie was supposed to be straight to DVD? So far Tyrese is keeping this movie afloat. Which is probably not a good thing if we’re being honest :lol:

Just started 2 Fast.

The prelude was a pretty important cut from the theatrical release. The girl looks mad familiar.

So far this movie is hillllarious! I’m not sure what studio exec is responsible for letting a movie get made with EVERY pop culture reference from the exact year it was filmed.

You got David Banner “Like a pimp” opening the movies. Ludacris with the giant Afro. Everybody wearing platinum spinning chains. Paul Walker enters the film wearing a white tall tee and saying “what up cuh?”

Eva Mendes is in this?!!!! What the hell?!

Why do I get the feeling this movie was supposed to be straight to DVD? So far Tyrese is keeping this movie afloat. Which is probably not a good thing if we’re being honest :lol:
This description is making me want to watch the movie. Take from that what you will…

2 Fast is essentially a time capsule of tuner and hip hop culture in early 00's.

Devon Aoki yelling "smack that ***" going over the bridge was random af though. I remember Luda hinting he was trying to get at her in the flick but the storyline must have been cut.

Don't worry bout it cuh. Pockets ain't empty cuh.

Back
Top Bottom