Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I uh..

I watched the entire Once Upon A Time in Mexico movie not knowing there were prequels. Weirdly the movie can stand on its own. I’m an idiot must be—since I did the same thing when I saw Escape From LA five years ago.

You skipped Desperado?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah I thought the flashback Salma Hayek stuff in Once Upon A Time In Mexico was just to explain Banderas’ motivation in this film, not that that was from any previous film.

I had heard of Desperado now for a while but didn’t know they were connected, just always thought it was a 90s Banderas action movie. Not sure if I will watch them since I kind of have seen what happens to everyone.

Marky mark is a school teacher or something? Can’t remember why we’re following him.
He's just the protagonist. Not every protagonist is John Wick.
Humans start going crazy in the head and killing themselves in the dumbest ways possible.
No.
the trees giving off toxins or something to protect themselves from humans?
No... kind of.
Then they thought it was the wind being poison or something?
No.
I remember is it ended up being none of those things.
Nature was killing a virus. Ever had a cold? Your body fights it.
they never said what was killing people.
They did, at the end.

How was Knock at the Cabin?

I still haven't seen Old and have been meaning to for some time now. Might give it a watch this week.

A lot of people thought "Old" was meh...I personally enjoyed it 🤷🏾‍♂️

I see Knock at the Cabin is based on a book. After reading the premise...I might skip the movie and read the book :lol:

Knock At The Cabin was watchable solely on the performance of Dave Bautista. You’ll know what I mean once you’ve seen it. I thought ultimately it didn’t get into the WHY which is what we always talk about with M. Night’s films outside of Sixth Sense, Old, Signs, maybe others I haven’t seen.

So you guys are discussing The Happening on memory, I just watched it, I’ll try to help but I still have questions.

There’s really nothing thrusting Mark Wahlberg into the story aside from something weird happening in Central Park, where afterward they then cut to him in a science classroom, asking students to theorize about, separately from the events in Central Park—which he isn’t aware of yet, why honeybees are disappearing.

And there’s some Einstein theory that I don’t know is factual or not that we see later in the film that reads, “Once honeybees disappear, the human race has 4 days to live.”

What is killing the people seems to be carried in the wind, but what it is exactly is not exactly specified. We see people ahead on the theories duct taping the cracks on their doors and windows.

Ska’s theory might be right, but ultimately the fighting of the virus by Earth might be carried in the wind, and passed by Mark and Zooey after they locked themselves away in the farmhouse and shed, before coming out. Wonder what Ska Jr. thinks as a Greta Thunberg-era kid.

Shazam 2 wasn't that bad. Levi stunk and Lucy was bland. Plus the focus wasn't on what made the movie as successful the first time. But the rest I liked enough. Better than Black Adam for sure.

Wow, Shazam was not good. Even in Dolby couldn't save it for me and I pretty much enjoy anything :lol:
I commented before seeing you right before me saying it was not good :lol: Dolby definitely helped the sound was definitely on point. I probably wouldn't watch it again but I would watch it if it was on TNT and I still have cable

First Time :blush:
MV5BM2M1MmVhNDgtNmI0YS00ZDNmLTkyNjctNTJiYTQ2N2NmYzc2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg

Wonder what Ska Jr. thinks as a Greta Thunberg-era kid.
It's his favorite M. Night movie, for reasons related to Thunberg stuff. After a few dozen people had offed themselves, he actually said 'Well I know it's not random because nothing is random. I don't see how it could be terrorists. Aliens, like mind control? But why would they just have humans walk off buildings? Is it just... are they just going crazy? Is it something in nature?'

This was last year so I'm a little shaky on the conversation, but I go "Nature? What do you mean?"

He goes "I don't know. I just know it's not random, terrorists, or aliens. So it has to be... maybe something in nature. Unless these people killing themself were already crazy when they were born, but I don't think that, either. It has to be something in nature."

"Like they ate something? Or a new toxin in the air? What do you mean 'something in nature'?"

"I don't know. Overpopulation? Like there's too many of us so nature is like 'Alright, you gotta go, you gotta go, that whole car and everyone in it has to go..."

Then when he saw the connection between our carbon footprint and people killing themselves, he was like "I KNEW IT!!! I had the reason wrong but I knew it was something in nature!!"

And then he goes...
"That's probably going to happen, actually. Earth was here a long time before we were, and will be here a long time after we are."

John Wick marathon

Quick speak to text notes on the first one. It's still holds up. Knowing what we know about the rest of the franchise, it is kind of nice to go back to something very simple and basic and while we get the world building hints it feels much lower stakes. Viggo was a great villain. His son was a champ good supporting roles, but the female assassin from Friday night lights might be the weakest featured assassin in the series. Really not too many complaints. 8.5 out of 10

John Wick marathon

Quick speak to text notes on the first one. It's still holds up. Knowing what we know about the rest of the franchise, it is kind of nice to go back to something very simple and basic and while we get the world building hints it feels much lower stakes. Viggo was a great villain. His son was a champ good supporting roles, but the female assassin from Friday night lights might be the weakest featured assassin in the series. Really not too many complaints. 8.5 out of 10
The club/bath house sequence in 1 still is the best sequence that has occurred in the franchise, IMO.

Also in the first one, the home invasion when they go after John was top notch.

Larry Fishburne is acting his *** off
Winston flexing in the park sending everyone away :pimp:
Adding in the Italian underworld was a cool switch up from the Russians
The last 5 minutes really was just perfect, especially with all the assassins seeing the alert.

Overall it was solid. I don't think it does too many things better or worse than the first. It's basically do you want low stakes Russian mob or do you want bigger world building Italian Camorra. I think the scenes and sets are bigger, and we get more world building, plus Fishburne.. but I think I prefer the first. I'd probably give it another 8.5 out of 10.

Back
Top Bottom