Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Tonight’s viewing. I know it’s not going to be an easy watch 😢

1679443755601.jpeg

Finished Season ekahi of White Lotus. On ep 6 of season due. I feel like season 1 was funnier. Season 2 pretty dark. Starting to feel like a soap opera. It's also getting weird af but I gotta know how this all ends:lol:

I could be at a cabin, at a brewery/bar, in a car, and it never fails to wow people that I haven't seen The Princess Bride.

My only familiarity with it was getting the two questions that related to it that I got wrong in Scene It (I'm sure some of you had this back in the day).

scene_it_board_game.jpg

One of the Q's was an audio clip of Inigo Montoya announcing his speech for the first time to the Six-Fingered Man (I got it wrong, had no idea), and the second Q showed a clip of the scene with Billy Crystal and Rebecca Lane as the Miracle Max's and said, "What movie?" Got that wrong too.

Fast forward 15 years.

I watched it tonight with two others that hadn't seen it.

I was not expecting the Monty Python vibe and script throughout, and a little of Naked Gun playing heavily on words in their literal sense :lol:

I loved it, 7/8

ea4648b2-7082-43c5-8d1e-f33f691bc8bb_text.gif

ad8c9c3b-027c-4d80-97fa-5c3a7f2a19e4_text.gif

(It's so weird that I just watched Cary Elwes yesterday in Saw, that's all I've known him from).

Last edited:
I could be at a cabin, at a brewery/bar, in a car, and it never fails to wow people that I haven't seen The Princess Bride.

My only familiarity with it was getting the two questions that related to it that I got wrong in Scene It (I'm sure some of you had this back in the day).

One of the Q's was an audio clip of Inigo Montoya announcing his speech for the first time to the Six-Fingered Man (I got it wrong, had no idea), and the second Q showed a clip of the scene with Billy Crystal and Rebecca Lane as the Miracle Max's and said, "What movie?" Got that wrong too.

Fast forward 15 years.

I watched it tonight with two others that hadn't seen it.

I was not expecting the Monty Python vibe and script throughout, and a little of Naked Gun playing heavily on words in their literal sense :lol:

I loved it, 7/8

ea4648b2-7082-43c5-8d1e-f33f691bc8bb_text.gif

ad8c9c3b-027c-4d80-97fa-5c3a7f2a19e4_text.gif

(It's so weird that I just watched Cary Elwes yesterday in Saw, that's all I've known him from).
Cary is a quiet legend.

His catalogue is deep and has some very beloved properties in it. Princess Bride, Saw and Stranger Things, etc. Also has parts in big movies like Liar Liar and Robin Hood: Men In Tights.

The memoir he wrote about making Princess Bride - “As You Wish” - is a great read if you like the movie.

I'll probably save my fast rewatch for late April. Gonna rewatch John Wicks prior to the 4th this week.

Back
Top Bottom