Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I was a grown man of 29 years old jumping from couch to couch screaming at the top of my lungs when I saw that episode live.

Best single episode in tv HISTORY. **** was better than most full length theatrical release movies. God damn I can’t believe they fumbled so bad at the goal line :smh
All of my favorite GOT episodes are Snow-Gawd centric.

Love the Watchers on the Wall and Battle of the Bastards, right there with Hardhome.

But yeah, Hardhome was definitely an intense experience.

I think what I really loved about John Wick and I can say this. Having seen all four movies in the last 24 hours.. Is the movie always takes itself seriously? And that's a good thing. We love the fast and the furious franchise. Yes... We love it because it doesn't take itself seriously and because it's absurd and it's basically seeing what it can get away with

But John Wick always takes its characters and the story and the action seriously and that really matters

Also, Donnie Yen was an incredible addition to this cast

I know my thoughts will never be grander for this movie... So I'll try to keep it tempered. It's easily the best John Wick movie. Each one of the action scenes could contend for best in the series. Other than one little nitpick in the action and fights.. I couldn't really find a flaw. They managed to do the similar but different and then amped it up a notch. The characters they brought in fit seamlessly and it was exactly what the franchise needed. One of my complaints is the ever-growing world can sometimes feel like.. Okay. Now there's another person from the high table for whatever, whatever, but in this one it made sense and fit perfectly.

It's definitely up there in terms of action movies for me in the last several years for sure and hands down some of the best gun fighting and just well shot no pun intended. It's not just them doing cool stuff in the scenes. It's how it's shot, how the camera flows and works with the action. How they show you the same thing but from a different angle it's just easily one of if not the best gunfighting movies ever.

There was also it felt like more humor than normal for John Wick.. which felt welcomed and kind of broke up the heaviness.

Did John Wick 3. Would probably be close to a 9 out of 10 for me. Maybe 8.8.. this one's easily a 9.5 9.7 right now.. just absolutely excellent. They also completely earned the emotional payoff and story they've been building.
What is great about John Wick is the sense of mystery, like who is this nobody? and when some of the higher ups hear his name, they start crapping in their boots, like OH ?!

Well chit.
Once I finish X, I’m going to have to watch PEARL.
F039B7F0-6481-48C9-880B-347C13CF9613.jpeg

They both are A24’s, I rented it too, tbh I would wait until it’s free, X is 10x better. Pearl is only worth the time if it’s free.

45998618-A7AD-4CA8-899E-02343467E852.gif

ALL YALL GONNA GET CLAPPED UP FOR NOT TELLING ME ABOUT THIS MOVIE! 👇
52DB349D-085F-4B64-9FDD-FF0125C557E9.jpeg

Rose Bolton from GoT. Brian Cox. Emile Hirsch. I’ve been on the edge of my seat the entire time. How can a movie this good be so unknown to me???

My brother in law knows I’m obsessed with movies and he’s always trying to see if he can find good ones I’ve never seen. He got all giddy when I told him I hadn’t seen it. I’d never even HEARD of this joint. got a preliminary rating of 7.8/8 so far. Y’all failed me.

45998618-A7AD-4CA8-899E-02343467E852.gif

ALL YALL GONNA GET CLAPPED UP FOR NOT TELLING ME ABOUT THIS MOVIE! 👇
52DB349D-085F-4B64-9FDD-FF0125C557E9.jpeg

Rose Bolton from GoT. Brian Cox. Emile Hirsch. I’ve been on the edge of my seat the entire time. How can a movie this good be so unknown to me???

My brother in law knows I’m obsessed with movies and he’s always trying to see if he can find good ones I’ve never seen. He got all giddy when I told him I hadn’t seen it. I’d never even HEARD of this joint. got a preliminary rating of 7.8/8 so far. Y’all failed me.
Never heard of it

Did my 2nd viewing of Insomnia this year so my wife could watch. Peeped a few additional things I didn’t peep before but def not to extent you would with The Prestige.

Chilling Scene.
Haven’t seen this film since it’s release in 2007.
My God, put the fear of God in me just now.

this reminds me, I need to rewatch the game because fincher is my dude..

but I was in on fincher from when I first watched sven and fight club.. Even panic room

but when I originally watched zodiac, I wasn’t that high on it.. but once I rewatched it however many years ago.. it might be one of my favorites of his, hell I think that’s my current favorite fincher movie

but that’s why I say I need to rewatch the game, just might have been too young when I was watching to fully appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom